PDA

View Full Version : How to guide: Flashing a Dreambox DM500S or DM600 in less than 2 mins

mtv1
26th August, 2011, 03:56 PM
How to flash a Dreambox DM500S or DM600 in less than 2 minutes. Using only your browser and the power button. Would also work on Dreambox clones & other Enigma 1/2 based satellite receivers.

First make sure the receiver is connected to your router, now kill the power to the box, hold in the only button on the front of the receiver, and power it on.

After about 20 seconds, you will notice the red/green lights are going wierd, this is an actual code that I?ll explain in a moment, but you can now let go of the power button.

The receiver has now gone into ###STOP### mode, has been given an IP address and is waiting to be flashed, now watch the lights, have a pen if you need one, and wait for the red and green to be on together.

The green light will flash once, then a quick red flash, 9 greens, one red, 2 green, 1 red, 1 green, 1 red, 6 green, 1 red, 8 green, 1 red.

The receiver has just flashed you some numbers, with a red flash as a marker between them, and its just told you the start of an IP address, 192.168 etc.

A long red flash is a zero, so my box now flashed one long red, another long red, 1 green, 1 quick red, one long red, 1 green, i fast red and 2 green

Now the red and green come on together, and it starts over again.

It?s just flashed out :

192168001012 which translates to the IP 192.168.1.12

Typing this into a Firefox/Chrome/Internet Explorer or other browser window brings up the firmware upgrade screen, where you browse to the image, and 90 seconds later its on the receiver.

Big thanks to the uploader :)

andy91
26th August, 2011, 04:10 PM
Hope they make these a sticky mate,will save alot of time and trouble answering the same questions.

Andy.

reddevil157
31st August, 2011, 02:01 PM
seen this a long time ago, has anyone ever tried it ???

garry1312
31st August, 2011, 02:25 PM
Dont use my 500s these days really but think ill try this :)

Staminastan
31st August, 2011, 02:46 PM
I did my 800HD this way, handy thing there is its little window telling you its IP address. If you miscount the 500's blippy light morse code you can check your router's LAN table? I too will give it a try tonight :)

Staminastan
31st August, 2011, 05:45 PM
Update: couldn't interrupt the boot, here. Would doing this depend on the image you've already got installed? Whether it allows for interruptions?

So I flashed using DCC instead :)

ade786
31st August, 2011, 05:49 PM
will this work if my dreambox is dead??? like the dreambox hasnt got any lights on the front

piptaps
31st August, 2011, 08:37 PM
Very handy. Using null cable and dream up take 1/4 of an hour to finish.

Has anyone successfully managed to flash this way?

garry1312
31st August, 2011, 11:32 PM
I did my 800HD this way, handy thing there is its little window telling you its IP address. If you miscount the 500's blippy light morse code you can check your router's LAN table? I too will give it a try tonight :)

Yeah thats the way the majority of us flash the 800 as far as i am aware.

9 times out of 10 when turned off and back on my receiver keeps the same ip so rather than watching out for blinking lights i will just try the ip it was assigned when i plug it in.

boursaloum1
4th September, 2011, 11:05 PM
I have tried this method but it has not worked for me, infact Iheld the button for minutesand nothing happened. I tried on several times but nothing, any help please

andy91
4th September, 2011, 11:09 PM
I have tried this method but it has not worked for me, infact Iheld the button for minutesand nothing happened. I tried on several times but nothing, any help please

Try the old fashioned way with null modem cable and dreamup if unsucessful.

Andy

garry1312
5th September, 2011, 04:27 AM
To be honest i wouldnt have the patience to watch blinking lights lol

mshgreen
5th September, 2011, 03:01 PM
Sorry for hijacking! Im a nooob! New thread created.

garry1312
5th September, 2011, 05:18 PM
Hi guys,

I have a DM800 HD and need an image to use - would like an attractive interface with 7 day EPG to be flashed as shown i this guide.

What image do you guys use and can you post a screenshot?

You have hijacked someone elses post. When asking something not related to a post you are viewing you should always start a new thread. Not only is it more polite you will also find it will benefit you more as people will be focused on your topic.

Start a new thread and give us some more information i.e. what sim you have? Is it a original or a clone.

Then we can help you and point you in the right direction of a image that may suit your needs.

cunny
5th April, 2012, 10:37 PM
Took me longer than 2 mins to read it. False advertising

Cheflen
17th May, 2012, 04:28 PM
:DI tried this and it didn't work, I have a blue screen before this it was screeching static, and now nothing. I doesn't seem to even respond to the remote you only hear the clicking sound when you try the reset button.

santiagojohn77
24th May, 2012, 05:07 PM
Is this for a hard reset ?

Murf22
26th May, 2012, 11:39 PM
Is this for a hard reset ?

..yes, but you will need the firmware you intend to flash

masterboy56
22nd July, 2012, 10:53 PM
This comes very handy for me.

setec
4th September, 2012, 04:03 PM
you know if you logon to router and look at client list before turning on box then refresh after you can see which ip is assigned and just browse to it

save trying to count leds

vicentium
16th September, 2012, 08:12 PM
Can't belive you didn' found an utility called "FlashWizard"; is fast indeed, reliable, tested by me and used many times (after headackes due to using Dreamup); works by LAN; you can fast backup your image first and flash another in a couple of minutes. First set connection param (IP, user, passw); use fixed IP in your DM as I did.
Tested on my DM500-s (genuine).

PM: Italian made. Unzip, open .exe file; don't need install.
Can't be anything faster in my opinion.
Hope it helps!

hay
24th September, 2012, 10:53 PM
Hi, I am am newbe but I think null modem cable route is easier. If "FlashWizard" method is easier somebody should do a step by step guide please.

manutd4life
1st November, 2012, 08:08 PM
got to the flash page, put the nfi file in and pressed flash, nothing is happening, do i need to put a different cable in or just do it from the router?

aliabbas1512
3rd December, 2012, 05:06 AM
Does it work with the clone??

Thanks

namorico
16th December, 2012, 03:47 PM
Can't belive you didn' found an utility called "FlashWizard"; is fast indeed, reliable, tested by me and used many times (after headackes due to using Dreamup); works by LAN; you can fast backup your image first and flash another in a couple of minutes. First set connection param (IP, user, passw); use fixed IP in your DM as I did.
Tested on my DM500-s (genuine).

PM: Italian made. Unzip, open .exe file; don't need install.
Can't be anything faster in my opinion.
Hope it helps!
Which are the user and password?

namorico
16th December, 2012, 06:49 PM
I could enter the Enigma Web Interface.
How can I upload the file to unlock Sky Germany?
Where can I got this file?
Thank you.

zsek
23rd February, 2013, 02:54 PM
Hi, just got into the forum since I got an old 500s somewhere which could be useful again! Thanx for the guide :)

s4mmy
21st January, 2014, 03:30 AM
hi I have a dm500s and I tried turning off power then holding the power on for 20sec but nothing happen, the lights didnt start flashing.. all that happens is the green light turns on..

so i tried again and this time i just held down the power button for a couple minutes and still didnt work i had no flashing lights, and its definitly connected to my router because I am able to access the pli enigma screen via browser,,

this is an old box I have and I dont have access to setup password on this box so I am trying to flash it and start over..

really need help flashing this box pls..

Thanks

psats
21st January, 2014, 12:52 PM
hi I have a dm500s and I tried turning off power then holding the power on for 20sec but nothing happen, the lights didnt start flashing.. all that happens is the green light turns on..

so i tried again and this time i just held down the power button for a couple minutes and still didnt work i had no flashing lights, and its definitly connected to my router because I am able to access the pli enigma screen via browser,,

this is an old box I have and I dont have access to setup password on this box so I am trying to flash it and start over..

really need help flashing this box pls..

Thanks
read this
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f215/eagle-1000-no-output-green-light-394726/#post2203198

s4mmy
24th January, 2014, 12:02 AM
edit***********

ok i know what a null modem cable is, just need to find a store that will sell them i guess..

Hadron
24th January, 2014, 01:46 AM
thanks, i was considering this option but i have no idea what a nulled modem cable is..

is it your typical etherne cable..

thanks

It's one of these:-

1.8m Null Modem Cable - Lead RS232 DB9 9 pin FEMALE TO FEMALE | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-8m-Null-Modem-Cable-Lead-RS232-DB9-9-pin-FEMALE-TO-FEMALE-/200899712238?pt=UK_Computing_Parallel_Serial_PS_2&hash=item2ec68e54ee)

s4mmy
25th January, 2014, 08:04 AM

i ended up googling its duh lol should of done that in the first place.. but yea i know what it is now, just have to buy one of ebay or something..

samcanady
4th May, 2014, 06:53 PM
i'VE USED THE NULL METHOD LOTS OF TIME, LENGTHY process but good cause no need for ip address etc.

xDaemon
31st January, 2016, 03:10 PM
This not work for me. I mean the green light not blinking nothing.
I tried with RS232 cable and DreamUP, but when i switch on dreambox nothing happens,
the dreamup cannot recognise my box.
Any other method to fix my dreambox?
Thanks in advance.

P.S. is flashed with : Commando 15.0d (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/446831-Commando-15-0d-for-DM500S-and-DM500C)
My box is : DM500S

xDaemon
31st January, 2016, 04:19 PM
Maybe your PSU is faulty, try another 1.

JoK

Can you suggest me pls?
Thanks.

xDaemon
13th February, 2016, 04:17 PM
Just google DM500s power supply unit and take your pick :)

JoK

What are you think about this (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dreambox-500s-DM500c-DM500T-500ps-Replacement-Power-supply-Unit-/252267199324?hash=item3abc4bfb5c:g:egAAAOSwofxUdnA s) , is good or can give me your advice from those in this link (http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEFSRCHX%3ASRCH&_nkw=psu%20for%20dreambox%20dm500s&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=1&_trksid=p2045573.m1684)
Thanks in advance.
Sorry, 1st time doing this and i`m not familiar with this things :(