PDA

View Full Version : does the dreambox get all channels like the eurovox

fearlessimon
24th December, 2008, 08:57 AM
sky movies, sports ect............:santaclaus:
a mate does not have a cable feed but has an old sky dish set up would this work with a dreambox

Curious123
24th December, 2008, 10:02 AM
sky movies, sports ect............:santaclaus:
a mate does not have a cable feed but has an old sky dish set up would this work with a dreambox

If thats what he wants than tell him to get a subscription as he won't get those with the S*y dish and dreambox.

shady77
24th December, 2008, 12:24 PM
not strictly true, he could get choppy blocky sky on a c/s

opsmonkey
24th December, 2008, 07:38 PM
If thats what he wants than tell him to get a subscription as he won't get those with the S*y dish and dreambox.

technically way off the mark..

with the right info your mate will get sky with that set up, its just easier to get an official sub

Curious123
26th December, 2008, 01:52 AM
The OP looks like he has a eurovox so knows what its capablities and is asking the question if he can get the same with the eurovox and in my opinion he won't get the same with the dreambox. Technically the information I provided is incorrect but would you advise his friend to spend ?70 to ?80 buying a box to watch blocky S*y this being dependant on him managing to sort out C/S and than keeping it going to watch S*y. Assuming he does manage to sort out C/S he realises the quality is crap but he can't watch anything else because the S*y dish is too small to get other sats. Did I give the wrong or right advice?

.: JaCkPoT :.
26th December, 2008, 03:39 AM
Curious your always right.. Hope you are this time too...

HoTTDubbER
26th December, 2008, 10:46 AM
Curious your always right.. Hope you are this time too...

go with the eurovox because from what ive seen of the dream box its a complete waste of time

more stress than its worth
and a hell of a lot more costly
and unless u a member of c/s
your ****ed and aint gonna get anything
just 1000's of channels you would never watch

trust me ive allready made that mistake and wasted my hole Christmas flashing installing downloading and spending
to get absolutly nowhere

P.s eurovox is for cable

no boxing day football nothing :(

u see the problem is you can get all the support you need flashing box installing image ect but i havnt been able 2 find 1 person
thats willing to help with the c/s side

all i found i 1 company which want ?20 a month to use there sever

its a nice machine and im sure if i could get it to work properly it would be great
but as it stands all i have if my trusty eurovox

krazylegz
26th December, 2008, 11:06 AM
go with the eurovox because from what ive seen of the dream box its a complete waste of time#

more stress than its worth
and a hell of a lot more costly
and unless u a member of c/s
your ****ed and aint gonna get anything
just 1000's of channels you would never watch

trust me ive allready made that mistake and wasted my hole Christmas flashing installing downloading and spending
to get absolutly nowhere

no boxing day football nothing :(

you're the first person to say satellite is more stress than its worth...i left cable and into satellite a fair few years ago now and now and have never looked back.....cable guys are gunna be ~~~~ed when it goes to nagra3 next year.

@fearlessimon.......as stated you wont simply plug it in and get all channels you will either need to get a valid subsbription or join a card share.

now if you decided to go down the latter route it can be worthwhile if you get on a good share..but its finding the right share that takes it time...and you'll still always have the worry that when u turn on you're box and nothing clears and wont do untill the server restarts which could take time dependant on if he/she is out etc

HoTTDubbER
26th December, 2008, 11:24 AM
you're the first person to say satellite is more stress than its worth...i left cable and into satellite a fair few years ago now and now and have never looked back.....cable guys are gunna be ~~~~ed when it goes to nagra3 next year.

@fearlessimon.......as stated you wont simply plug it in and get all channels you will either need to get a valid subsbription or join a card share.

now if you decided to go down the latter route it can be worthwhile if you get on a good share..but its finding the right share that takes it time...and you'll still always have the worry that when u turn on you're box and nothing clears and wont do untill the server restarts which could take time dependant on if he/she is out etc

i can see the potental of dreambox
i can see the listings and smell the channels
but since my motorised dish install a few days ago i set up my dream
ive completely hit a wall
im stuggling so much to find the details that i need on c/s
ive spend both xmas eve ,and xmas day and now boxingday trying to get somwhere

thanks to opsmonkey ive managed to get to the point where i have the correct image now and setup to my router

but its not the easyest thing finding a c/s
espessally when there no1 willing to talk about it

which is the only reason i said that eurovox is a good choice as its not exactly brain science to get it going
and find people whos willing to help thats all

im not slating the dreambox as i own 1

just simpally stating what i have experienced and what people new to the system are bound to encounter also
the bottom line was my eurovox took 5 mins to setup and get going
the dream has took me so far 3 days to get pritty much nowhere

the onlu xmas present i got and it dont work 4 me :(

opsmonkey
26th December, 2008, 08:03 PM
The OP looks like he has a eurovox so knows what its capablities and is asking the question if he can get the same with the eurovox and in my opinion he won't get the same with the dreambox. Technically the information I provided is incorrect but would you advise his friend to spend ?70 to ?80 buying a box to watch blocky S*y this being dependant on him managing to sort out C/S and than keeping it going to watch S*y. Assuming he does manage to sort out C/S he realises the quality is crap but he can't watch anything else because the S*y dish is too small to get other sats. Did I give the wrong or right advice?

never said it was wrong..
he could easily get 13e and 19e with a zone 1 minidish if nothing is got on 28E, them both if he can adapt a monoblock bracket..
i can watch sky perfectly IT or UK with no freezes.. its all in the hop..

im not saying your wrong, but, you do tend to label CS as not the answer or too hard in your posts which.. is my friend.. incorrect ;)

also he will get a lot more with the dreambox than he will with an eurovox, cable will go to ngra3 in the new year.. then what will he get...?
Freeview

Curious123
27th December, 2008, 12:24 AM
opsmonkey m8 I agree with everything you say but I have seen too many posts like the one from our member withatwist who feel that they have been misled. How do we tell them it is not as simple as it looks and that to get what they want they will need to put a lot of effort into it but to be honest with you people expect instant results and that is something you don't get with sat. I installed my sat dish and box myself and it was almost a fortnight before I got some sort of picture on my screen. Someone could say that was due to me being not too bright but to be honest I knew all I needed to know about dreamboxes from my cable boxes but sat was a different kettle of fish. Looking at some of the posts on this forum how many people are prepared to put that sort of an effort into their setup? As you say I maybe a little less entuisiastic about c/s but that maybe due to me doing things the hard way and getting everything working before tackling c/s.

opsmonkey
27th December, 2008, 01:45 AM
i completely agree with everything you have put.. it looks like me and thee are very similar.. i did a lot of reading and researching before opting for a linux box.. even went down the route of getting an IP receiver (Innovative) before the DB so i could get familiar with the sat setup..

It is sad that many people opt for a linux box with no knowledge (or very little) expecting instant results and instant step by step help when they get stuck..

How do we tell them it is not as simple as it looks and that to get what they want they will need to put a lot of effort into it but to be honest with you people expect instant results and that is something you don't get with sat.

exactly like that..! :)

The more people find out that the linux box is not plug and play the better..
Basically what im trying to say is...
You were right to tell him to get a sky sub lol ;)

Curious123
27th December, 2008, 05:00 PM
No m8 you were right, I should have told him the truth. People have a lot of misconception about S*y, cable and sat which as you rightly pointed out are due to lack of research. I hate to see someone go out and spend money buying sat setup just so he can recieve S*y and than find it is hell of a lot more complicated than they ever imagined and than sometimes give up altogather.

foz
27th December, 2008, 05:46 PM
guys, when a dreambox is set up there is nothing for the price that compares.
if you want cardsharing search on google.
loads of forums where you can read up and get test c-linesetc. READ & search & learn!!!
:party :

opsmonkey
27th December, 2008, 08:27 PM
guys, when a dreambox is set up there is nothing for the price that compares.
if you want cardsharing search on google.
loads of forums where you can read up and get test c-linesetc. READ & search & learn!!!
:party :

i remember the good old days when a full ART sub was only ?140 and gave you all the football you need.. oh how i hate BSkyB for leaning on the EPL and giving the arabic rights to a company who dont braodcast in europe :(