PDA

View Full Version : DIABOLO 2.3 NEWBIE

kckckckckc
24th December, 2008, 09:05 AM
Hi.

Firstly thanks to all the top posters on this forum. I've been reading many of the threads on the site, and just took delivery of a Diabolo 2.3 and CAS 3 programmer.

Not one instruction in the box, and several PCBs I don't know what to do with. I have got as far as loading the latest underworld DUP file onto the CAM, and can see it worked OK by using the CAM explorer... however I get no channels when I plug it into my receiver.

I have a Technomate 6900 HD COMBO. Now this is where I think I have messed up. I have no smart card, just the diabolo CAM. Do I need a blank smartcard to plug into my receiver as well?

Any help appreciated. Want to watch in time for Xmas!!

To recap,
1. do I need a smart card?
2. once I've loaded the latest underworld, what else do I have to do? I went into the CAS section of my receiver, and enabled all the decoders, e.g. NDS, IRDETO....

Thanks!!

kckckckckc
24th December, 2008, 09:16 AM
Just seen Benny's RTF on the very topic I need. Couldn't find it until I posted a thread :-)

kckckckckc
24th December, 2008, 09:49 AM
Third post to myself I know...

I don't get any channels with my CAM. Flashed it OK, followed Benny's guide for setting various options -> ON in the CAS menu of my receiver, powered it off, and then back on again. Confirmed the settings had been saved to the CAM.

Still no channels. I have a Technisat Multynne. Gets me 13E, 19E, 23.5E, and 28.2E. I've tried channels encrypted with NDS, Conax, Irdeto... only channel I could get was Orf1 HD (which it said was encrypted but I doubt it).

I haven't seen people posting about the satellites 13E -> 28E, but seeing as they are encrypted using the same protocols as on other satellites, e.g. Thor, I didn't think it would be a problem.

Anyone capable of using this CAM on sats 13E -> 28E? Looks like I've followed all the instructions out there....

A desperate newbie!:beheaded:

jbvid
24th December, 2008, 11:29 AM
Third post to myself I know...

I don't get any channels with my CAM. Flashed it OK, followed Benny's guide for setting various options -> ON in the CAS menu of my receiver, powered it off, and then back on again. Confirmed the settings had been saved to the CAM.

Still no channels. I have a Technisat Multynne. Gets me 13E, 19E, 23.5E, and 28.2E. I've tried channels encrypted with NDS, Conax, Irdeto... only channel I could get was Orf1 HD (which it said was encrypted but I doubt it).

I haven't seen people posting about the satellites 13E -> 28E, but seeing as they are encrypted using the same protocols as on other satellites, e.g. Thor, I didn't think it would be a problem.

Anyone capable of using this CAM on sats 13E -> 28E? Looks like I've followed all the instructions out there....

A desperate newbie!:beheaded:
Hi
First you need Underworld 151 firmware on the Cam, then you are wasting your time on 19, and 28 Degs.
13 degs only ok for S/View Adult ATM.
Best for Diablo is Thor@ 1w, Eutelsat@16e, Atlantic2@8w, also 9degs e (CONAX)
Update: Have a good read of the post below 'Diablo Lite question'
jbvid

kckckckckc
24th December, 2008, 12:26 PM
OK, I'm one step ahead from my starting position. Didn't realise the Diabolo was satellite specific.

So, the Diabolo is good with 1W. Most channels on there seem to be coded with PowerVu, Nagravision and Irdeto (KingOfSat - European Satellite Zapping & Directory (http://en.kingofsat.net)). My dish isn't pointing that way, so I need to think about a motorised setup.

It seems perfectly sensible to me, that the Diabolo should also be able to decode these encryption schemes on other satellites.

Why exactly is it that I can't decode the above 3 encyption schemes on 13E?

Thanks in advance.

benny/9
24th December, 2008, 02:23 PM
OK, I'm one step ahead from my starting position. Didn't realise the Diabolo was satellite specific.

So, the Diabolo is good with 1W. Most channels on there seem to be coded with PowerVu, Nagravision and Irdeto (KingOfSat - European Satellite Zapping & Directory (http://en.kingofsat.net)). My dish isn't pointing that way, so I need to think about a motorised setup.

It seems perfectly sensible to me, that the Diabolo should also be able to decode these encryption schemes on other satellites.

Why exactly is it that I can't decode the above 3 encyption schemes on 13E?

Thanks in advance.
to get the best from this hobby you need a motorised sat system because thing change fast and the providers make changes to there encryption to stop us get than chns for free, and even the best cam on the market the [diablo cam] cant open every channel, it cant even open
all the channels encrypted in conax and this is what this cam opens the most channels encrypted in, there are different versions of any encryption
system and most of the latest versions are not open without a subscription the diablo opens chns encrypted in nagra 2 but it cant open chns in nagra3 and you asked about PowerVu, Nagravision and Irdeto these are along with nds the most secure encryptions now used. if get a motor fitted the diablo will open channels on 23e/,16e/,9e/.4.8e/.1w/.8w/ a lot depends on if your box is HD and how big the dish is to how many channels you can get open plus there are other chns on sats from 42e to 30w from the uk and of couse there are thousands of free to air chns so when things change and we get other chns open you can take full advantage.but remember there are is gaurantee in this hobby but in the years iv'e been at it i have always had lots to view