PDA

View Full Version : The real life Silent Hill town.

Raven
27th April, 2008, 01:11 PM
Here is the real life American town that heavily influenced the Silent Hill movies town story. There's other videos on youtube aswell. Wouldn't wanna live there in that ghost town.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjtmaCI9_wM

C64
27th April, 2008, 02:15 PM
Without even clicking on it I know it's going to be Centralia in Pennsylvania USA :)

It all started with a fire that spread to a coal seem underground, ~~~~ing amazing place, I'd love to visit it.

Search for the folk song about it :)

Tizzer22
28th April, 2008, 01:21 AM
Thats amazing how its been burning since 1962, the cemeterys even has a greater population than the town and theres also post to be a time capsule that got buried in 1966 next to the veterans memorial and former residents will return in 2016 to open it.

C64
28th April, 2008, 11:50 AM
It'll be cooked :)

shortyball
28th April, 2008, 03:41 PM
its amazing when you find the towns/locations that fictional items are based on. COD 4 and Stalker, chernobyl imagery is incredible accurate to the real thing.

Tizzer22
28th April, 2008, 05:16 PM
It'll be cooked :)

Probably will be m8.. lol

Raven
29th April, 2008, 06:22 PM
I just remember the first time I saw that video and heard about the place I was like ~~~~ that, no way, that's too freaky....to think a real town is laying in state like that and nothing really being done about it, is actually quite frightening when you think about it.

krazylegz
30th April, 2008, 10:42 AM
such a shame the town getting like that, but also weird that they are letting it burn by giving it ventilation shafts, surely if they totally blocked it in and cut off the oxygen supply feeding it, would have burned itself out by now?

C64
30th April, 2008, 11:23 AM
its amazing when you find the towns/locations that fictional items are based on. COD 4 and Stalker, chernobyl imagery is incredible accurate to the real thing.

I watched a documentary about Chernobyl the other night, my son came in and said 'oh it's that a program about Call of Duty?', lol, the game has got the town drawn out with amazing accuracy, and it's creepy as hell running around Chernobyl. :)

Back to Silent Hill, some of the shops etc in the last Silent Hill game were also taken directly from another town, luckily this one isn't being eaten by fire.