PDA

View Full Version : 2006 BMW 330i (E90) I Need your advice.

tranzavanza
28th August, 2011, 07:37 AM
Hello guys I'll get to do a 2006 BMW E90 next week.

I'll be doing it with ENIGMA, I've been reading on the forum about some problems on doing CAS with this tool.

The PDF files say that I have to do the dash first with the mileage needed and then do the CAS OBD and during the programming install the dash. However I don't know if I have to reset the CAS to "0" or set the same mileage as the dash.

This is my first time doing this type of vehicle and I bought the machine just to start doing them in an easier way.

If you have done this vehicle with the enigma and have any advice for me, please help me.

Thank You.

markony79
28th August, 2011, 08:35 AM
Hello guys I'll get to do a 2006 BMW E90 next week.

I'll be doing it with ENIGMA, I've been reading on the forum about some problems on doing CAS with this tool.

The PDF files say that I have to do the dash first with the mileage needed and then do the CAS OBD and during the programming install the dash. However I don't know if I have to reset the CAS to "0" or set the same mileage as the dash.

This is my first time doing this type of vehicle and I bought the machine just to start doing them in an easier way.

If you have done this vehicle with the enigma and have any advice for me, please help me.

Thank You.

Yes, In Cas 0km, in Dash new KM
but put back dash ,when you finish the Cas
and check pdf first the Cas is doing on OBD without Key ON!!!!
and latter errsed the errors

smartymarti
28th August, 2011, 09:09 AM
Use cable 40 take key out put radio and lights on read it it should be cas3 programe 1234 then do 35080 in dash , done hundredes this way with enigma never had one go wrong , after clear dtc

swingman26
28th August, 2011, 09:36 AM
Hello,

2006 have cas 2. Make dash. After try to program cas2 with c40 cable. If not possible, program cas direct with c45 cable and a6 adapter. Make the same mileage as the dash. Not 0

looly
28th August, 2011, 12:44 PM
lol
3 enigma users with 3 different answers. Take your pick OP.

bkenigma
28th August, 2011, 01:09 PM
Guys you can set it to 0, although I usually set it to the same mileage. After you set the mileage make sure you have ALL keys, insert key1, drive for 10 miles so cas info is written onto key. Remove key 1, put in second key and repeat for all keys. This will reset tamper dot if it appears and also make sure all info is written onto all keys. Dont let the client give you 1 key, as his other keys all need to be ran a few miles before cas will write data to it.

bkenigma.

bkenigma
28th August, 2011, 01:10 PM
And its dash first, then cas. Enigma will prompt you for this. Will also prompt you when to enter key, reconnect dash, etc.
bkenigma

tranzavanza
28th August, 2011, 08:29 PM
lol
3 enigma users with 3 different answers. Take your pick OP.

They came out with 3 different answers, 'cus it seems to be more than 1 way to do it. And my question was too general.

So if I wanted to go the off-board way (removing the modules) I'll have to do:

1- Set the miles on DASH.
2 Set the miles on CAS to a lower or same value as the DASH right???????

If this is right, when I connect the modules back into the vehicle, Do I have to do something else besides erasing DTC ERRORS???

Is there a way to know for sure if its CAS2 OR CAS3 or should I try to read OBD to see which one works?
Thanx

smartymarti
28th August, 2011, 08:39 PM
even if you pull cas out its still only 10 minute job and it will state cas 2-3 on the label

z786
28th August, 2011, 09:46 PM
dont even have to take it out, you can see if its grey, its cas 2, if its black its cas 3

markony79
29th August, 2011, 11:25 AM
very big info and to much replies for job of max 1 hour
this will confuse him,
its his first time on this car

TULGEYWOODMAN
29th August, 2011, 11:50 PM
I assumed tranzavanza was the owner of a new up to date enigma and was asking for instructions on how to programme the cas via obd2.

This is the latest update and not to be confused with the old methods of programming the cas .............
1. the dash plug c40 cable method
2. connecting to the cas connector socket after removing the cas
3. soldering directly to pcb on cas.

The new update will programme the cas via the obd2 socket.

[so that makes 4 ways to do the job!]