PDA

View Full Version : is my laptop beyond repair

clem58
29th August, 2011, 02:19 AM
I recently replaced charger for my SAMSUNG R60PLUS but it seems the problem is with the fitting that my charger plugs into. I have been told that if this part of the laptop starts failing then the laptop is only good for scrap. Is this true if not is n=it not worth the expense of repair and how much might it cost.THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR REPLIES:dontknow:

pantomime horse
29th August, 2011, 04:03 AM
would be worth openning it up yourself
probably just needs the charging port resoldered to the board

Itsme
29th August, 2011, 06:21 AM
Likely to be a failed power jack. The jack plug is more than likely available on fleabay for pennies but replacement requires confidence and soldering skills.
Dissassembly instructions may be available on the web.
I recently repaired a samsung R510 the repair was easier than opening the case. If you are not confident take it to a comuter shop and get a quote.

smoggie
29th August, 2011, 01:39 PM
just done my nephews samung N10 which wouldnt charge.Turned out to be a dry joint on the motherboard for jackplug, only took 40 mins to strip, solder and reassemble.I took photos along the way just in case i forgot how wires were routed, where they went etc
well worth having a go yourself

clem58
29th August, 2011, 05:09 PM
just done my nephews samung N10 which wouldnt charge.Turned out to be a dry joint on the motherboard for jackplug, only took 40 mins to strip, solder and reassemble.I took photos along the way just in case i forgot how wires were routed, where they went etc
well worth having a go yourself

good idea, my son inlaw good at that kind of thing, i'll ask him.

clem58
29th August, 2011, 05:10 PM
Thanks guys at least now i no it can be salvaged

Chimaera
30th August, 2011, 09:14 AM
Its classed as a DC Jack Replacement

It will either be broken fascia not holding it in place, or a broken jack which has 2 types usually.
Broken but attached by a cable and a plug to the mobo so order one and replace or
Broken but soldered into mobo, you will need to unsolder and solder a new one in.

Chimaera

clem58
8th September, 2011, 01:40 PM
Thanks guys my laptop will be sorted in a week or so, quotes were between ?70 and ?80 so gave money to my son inlaw he sorting it, likely do a better job to. Thanks for your advice.:dancing:

clem58
23rd September, 2011, 11:25 PM
Wee laptop goin great again thanks for ur help guys:party::star::burnout::dancing: