PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Sprinter Start Error Dumps

GDB
29th August, 2011, 04:40 AM
Guys,

I'm trying to make this Start error to go away but no luck so far... I'm running out of options here. So I am able to read and write both ECU 5P08C3 and WSP HC08. I tried different softwares ( Start error 1.3, Immo tool, Immo Killer, Mercedes ECU Editor,...)to fix the dumps buth nothing works. I have fixed my HC08 dump with start error 1.3 and then programmed with the provided 5p08c3 dump but still Start Error. I used Memprog 2 ( device setting 95p08 ) for the ECU and Xprog-M OJ66D for the WSP. Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the programming, I programmed both 5p08C3 and HC 08 in Circuit. I have even bought new virgin 5P08C3 eeproms and soldered one into the ECU but no luck. I am not able to marry the ECU to the WSP, Das tries and after 20 times says it is not possible to do so. For this problem I even tried different laptops with the DAS software installed and different Multiplexers ( also original ) and different cables. I'll post my two original dumps here, can somebody more expirienced then me have a look at the dumps or maybe even fix them so I just need to program the files back in ECU and WSP so the car starts again without having to program using DAS ? If there is a problem with my dumps, or they are not as expected ( because of selecting wrong device for read and write, in Memprog there is no 5P08C3 device to choose so I used 95P08 ) please let me know.

All help would be very welcome as I don't know what else I could try. I'd rather not go with the emulator cause I feel I have all the tools needed to fix this, I guess I just lack the knowledge.

Thanks in advance

MarkPRP
29th August, 2011, 04:47 PM
WSP hc908 chip needs replacing.

GDB
29th August, 2011, 05:05 PM
Thanks Mark

Why do you think the hc908 needs to be replaced ? Do you mean the whole MCU or just the dump in the MCU ? Is there something wrong in the dump file ? Diagnosis with DAS says WSP is ok, keys are ok but the problem is the Start authority between WSP and ECU. And that I need to change ECU $$$ ofcourse.

GDB
31st August, 2011, 06:43 AM
Guys,

Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the programming of the 5P08C3. Is there anyone here that has succesfully programmed such an eeprom with an Elnec programmer ( Beeprog, Memprog..) I'm using a Memprog 2 that supports read and write of 12.000 plus devices. However a 5P08C3 is not in their list. After some googling I found out 5P08C3 is same as ST95P08 or 95080 or 25080. So maybe someone who succeeded in the past tell me which device I should use and what are the correct settings ( SPI write ? Start at ? End at ?....)

Thanks for the Help