PDA

View Full Version : Cracking Byteshooter Modules and Counters

pasonjayne
30th August, 2011, 09:13 AM
Ok, seen a few posts over time with people looking to crack the Byteshooter for modules and the counters. I am interested to see if between the clever electronics whizkids on this site we could crack this tool. For me I have a mini slave that has a password protected flash counter on it. This has been put on the device so that I have to buy files off the supplier even though i have paid for this tool and should have the option to buy them from who i like. As i own a CMD master tool with MAP 3D i only need this as a backup tool to unpak and pak files for people having similar slave Byteshooters. As i now live in Australia I have no intention of sending the tool away to get the counter reset as more than likely i'll never see it again so would be keen to see if we can get the tool open for development.

The Byteshooter runs off a Toshiba TMP94FD93F microcontroller with in built flash memory. The RAM can be accessed with the software i have put in this thread and can be programmed in-circuit however I am unsure at this point if the micro needs to be removed and applied to some kind of device programmer. Toshibas TOPAS 900 is now discontinued so no way of programming with that tool.

Therefore I am thinking that there must be some way of programming it direct via USB, hence having activation codes to unlock modules and reset the counters.

If another person also has a Byteshooter I am happy to use my tool as a test as well to try and communicate with the device to change the settings.

Main thing is the software communicates via RS232 so can we run some kind of emulator to communicate via USB similar to the Byteshooter software does. The Segger software will program the device if we can work out the best way to communicate with the micro.

figo95
17th September, 2011, 11:10 PM
hello
i'm happy to test but your file don't works!

Marmes
19th September, 2011, 01:07 AM
Ok, you can find the sch to make the programmer, no firmware needed, the activations are inside the little memory, not the processor, it's not possible to program it via usb.

teris
14th September, 2012, 09:00 AM
Ok, seen a few posts over time with people looking to crack the Byteshooter for modules and the counters. I am interested to see if between the clever electronics whizkids on this site we could crack this tool. For me I have a mini slave that has a password protected flash counter on it. This has been put on the device so that I have to buy files off the supplier even though i have paid for this tool and should have the option to buy them from who i like. As i own a CMD master tool with MAP 3D i only need this as a backup tool to unpak and pak files for people having similar slave Byteshooters. As i now live in Australia I have no intention of sending the tool away to get the counter reset as more than likely i'll never see it again so would be keen to see if we can get the tool open for development.

The Byteshooter runs off a Toshiba TMP94FD93F microcontroller with in built flash memory. The RAM can be accessed with the software i have put in this thread and can be programmed in-circuit however I am unsure at this point if the micro needs to be removed and applied to some kind of device programmer. Toshibas TOPAS 900 is now discontinued so no way of programming with that tool.

Therefore I am thinking that there must be some way of programming it direct via USB, hence having activation codes to unlock modules and reset the counters.

If another person also has a Byteshooter I am happy to use my tool as a test as well to try and communicate with the device to change the settings.

Main thing is the software communicates via RS232 so can we run some kind of emulator to communicate via USB similar to the Byteshooter software does. The Segger software will program the device if we can work out the best way to communicate with the micro.

Any another information about this m8's?????
Any solution to unlock byteshooter mini slave???
Regards!!!

physyc
14th September, 2012, 12:21 PM
For me I have a mini slave that has a password protected flash counter on it. This has been put on the device so that I have to buy files off the supplier even though i have paid for this tool and should have the option to buy them from who i like.

You had that option...
you had to buy a master :rolleyes:

AyceeDeeCee
15th September, 2012, 07:38 PM
There are a couple of ways, all payable though mate that I know of.

1) Prior to V3.16 is a unpacker so you can read with the slave, unpack and repack then write with it

2) V3.20 Master version that works with all tools and acts in master, even if slave

3) Earlier V2.X version that is cracked and you can unpack and repack.

J_amb_o
15th September, 2012, 11:13 PM
Buy the master!

These people have familys to feed, you should respect their time and effort!

turbocip
30th July, 2015, 07:26 AM
Any solution to unlock the byteshooyter ?
I have one and flash is out - counter is 0

brchip
27th September, 2015, 01:39 AM
There are a couple of ways, all payable though mate that I know of.

1) Prior to V3.16 is a unpacker so you can read with the slave, unpack and repack then write with it

Whre can I find the UNPACKER SOFTWARE?

Pr3mu
10th February, 2016, 12:58 PM
there is license generator for 3.20 cracked... i got that, works on any bs , but u need to use 3.20