PDA

View Full Version : A Cam for Nagravision with Technomate

bada
24th December, 2008, 02:15 PM
Be gentle with me as I am a first timer......

But any help would be greatly appreciated

I have a Technomate 5400 with a motorised dish system

My sister has brought her official Digital+ card (Canal) from Spain while she is over for Xmas as a test to see if it will work before I get one

I put it in the slot and it didnt work

It says Nagravision on the card which is what the patch is on my machine

I am however now thinking that I do need a CAM (I know nothing about them)

So, my question is how do I get a CAM to read an official Digital+ card since I cant seem to find any that are specifically for Nagravision 3 (which I beleive Canal use)

Can I use any other CAM which might work or am I best just taking a hit and getting a better receiver as I have heard the official card might work on better receivers that can encrypt Digital+ / Nagravision 3?

Phew - my brain hurts

I am tryin to learn - honest

Smashin forum btw!

benny/9
24th December, 2008, 02:49 PM
Be gentle with me as I am a first timer......

But any help would be greatly appreciated

I have a Technomate 5400 with a motorised dish system

My sister has brought her official Digital+ card (Canal) from Spain while she is over for Xmas as a test to see if it will work before I get one

I put it in the slot and it didnt work

It says Nagravision on the card which is what the patch is on my machine

I am however now thinking that I do need a CAM (I know nothing about them)

So, my question is how do I get a CAM to read an official Digital+ card since I cant seem to find any that are specifically for Nagravision 3 (which I beleive Canal use)

Can I use any other CAM which might work or am I best just taking a hit and getting a better receiver as I have heard the official card might work on better receivers that can encrypt Digital+ / Nagravision 3?

Phew - my brain hurts

I am tryin to learn - honest

Smashin forum btw!
i thought all technomate models had a multi card readers
i would ring technomate and ask for advice you will find there number on there website technomate.com. if it wont read the card then
most cams like the dragon/t-rex diablo that has nagravision
caids in the file and can open the nagravison encrypted should read
the card.

bada
24th December, 2008, 02:55 PM
Cheers.

Just phoned Technomate and they said I would need an official Digital+ box from Canal to view

Hmmmmmm

.: JaCkPoT :.
24th December, 2008, 04:15 PM
How about turning the patch off.. Menu then 2004

Manic01
26th December, 2008, 12:20 PM
It's Nagra 3, and also they are matched to the boxes.

RICHARD SNELLER 53
5th January, 2009, 12:51 AM
in the technomate 5400 ci usb model you dont need a cam for you have a card slot just above the cam slot dont forget to put card in the right way

alunfennell
5th January, 2009, 01:57 AM
The Technomate 5400 is not on the compatability sheet with Nagra3 cards the only Technomate receiver compatibale with Nagra3 official cards is the Tm 9100 linux based receiver.

Technomate are not the only receiver unable to read Nagra3 cards there are a lot of receivers that do not make the list of very well known brand receivers.

Here is a compatability list that has been compiled so far for receivers that will read Nagra3 cards.

Re-Demos Pour Nagra 3 (http://www.scribd.com/doc/7314960/ReDemos-Pour-Nagra-3)
Of course there are a lot of other lists to be found but most of them are the same with a few more added.

Regards:
Alun

.: JaCkPoT :.
5th January, 2009, 02:08 AM
Thats something else i have learned about Technomates today... See there must be loads of things out there which i dont know yet..

alunfennell
5th January, 2009, 02:57 AM
I total agree with you Sadiq999uk I belive its not only the card reader is the problem but also its the processing of the card leading back to chipset on the main board, due to the architecture of many well known FTA receivers sold online and in stores they are not capable of processing such data or running at the speed required to read the content from the card.

It also does not bode well for any future hack of Nagra3 in a Emu/keys if that day comes for receivers not compatable with even the official cards.

Regards:
Alun