PDA

View Full Version : which condensing combi

chucklor
31st August, 2011, 09:18 PM
Ok lads heres the question, my mother has recently moved into a medium sized 2 bedroom bungalow, there was no gas in the house so we have had to put in a new supply and with the aid of a BTU calculator I have fitted the according rads and pipework. I would like to know what condensing combi boiler you could recommend, it needs to heat 6 rads and the property has 1 bathroom been looking at ferroli and baxi but any advice would be greatly appreciated.....chuck

mrgasman
1st September, 2011, 01:04 AM
Ok lads heres the question, my mother has recently moved into a medium sized 2 bedroom bungalow, there was no gas in the house so we have had to put in a new supply and with the aid of a BTU calculator I have fitted the according rads and pipework. I would like to know what condensing combi boiler you could recommend, it needs to heat 6 rads and the property has 1 bathroom been looking at ferroli and baxi but any advice would be greatly appreciated.....chuck

Hi mate just fitted the new Baxi Neta-tec 24 Kw in a similar bungalow. The 24kw version is plenty for one bathroom an it will murder 6 rads plus it comes in very cheap at around ?600. Plumbcenter had an offer on them and I think it's still running as the boiler is brand new to market.
Avoid ferroli im sick to the back teeth of repairing them also avoid the old baxi HE as ive fitted more pcb boards in those than you can shake a stick at.

aftermath
1st September, 2011, 06:49 AM
mine is a Worcester bosh, heats 9 rads, ive had it about 5 years now and the only problem i have with it is when its about -4 or colder in the winter the condensing pipe freezes, and the boiler wont fire up unless i pour over a few pans of hot water to thaw it out.

this has happened 3 times over the last 5 winters..

mrgasman
1st September, 2011, 08:23 AM
mine is a Worcester bosh, heats 9 rads, ive had it about 5 years now and the only problem i have with it is when its about -4 or colder in the winter the condensing pipe freezes, and the boiler wont fire up unless i pour over a few pans of hot water to thaw it out.

The Worcester and Vailants are the top boilers today and what I call fit and forget. They come at a price though with the worcester junior being ?8-900 and similar for the vailant eco-tech pro.

That problem with the condensing pipe freezing has been a pain in the ass last few winters but it's nothing to do with the boiler itself.
I generally turn the 25mm condense pipe straight into a piece of 40mm waste pipe which helps to slow the blockages caused by freezing.

Again i plead @ the op to avoid ferroli lol

chucklor
1st September, 2011, 10:10 AM
reading into some reviews mrgasman i quite agree about ferroli, the general opinion is that they are shite, even though they have a good gaurentee the customer service is rubbish, so that option is out the window, thanks for your advice on ferroli...chuck

true grit
2nd September, 2011, 08:55 PM

as said above put more fall ( angle )on your condensing pipe and you wont have any more problems :)

monks key
3rd September, 2011, 05:27 PM
I have a intergas hre28/24 it's a lovely boiler and is near silent it has only 4 moving parts and has no diverter valve, valve motor,hot water plate heat exchanger,auto-air vent,air pressure switch.
Meaning less things to go wrong,
But I think most plumbers would like to fit something there use to
As for the condensing pipe best if you can keep it inside mine goes into the washing machine waste

jcgrumbles
14th September, 2011, 05:55 PM
Had the baxi duo tec for a few years now,not a problem with it at all,this was reccomended to me by a good mate and a gas fitter,the spare parts are easy to get and quite cheap if needed.

wynnyin
26th September, 2011, 07:00 PM
worcestor bosh 28i great boiler 12l hot water /min heats 9 rads no problem you can get 5 year warranty from most installers

nutbush
26th September, 2011, 07:07 PM
i had a baxi combi fitted last year, it reduced my gas bills by over 30%. So id recommend looking at them

asmn
6th October, 2011, 07:32 PM
I recommend Vaillant Ecotec Plus 24kW and to the VRT 392f Wireless Programmable Room Control.
Vaillant ? VRT 392f (http://www.vaillant.co.uk/homeowners/heating-solutions/controls-1/produkt_vaillant/vrt-392f.html)

I have it at home

chucklor
28th November, 2011, 01:28 AM
Ended up with a Worcester 30Si condensing combi for ?850, they have a promotion on at the moment that if it is fitted by a gas safe engineer they will give you a 5 year guarantee, the only thing they ask is that it is serviced by a GS engineer every 12 months, the person does not have to be a an accredited Worcester fitter, but the offer runs out on the 31st Dec 2011....thanks for all the advice lads...chuck

tab99_uk
16th December, 2011, 03:00 AM
Ended up with a Worcester 30Si condensing combi for ?850, they have a promotion on at the moment that if it is fitted by a gas safe engineer they will give you a 5 year guarantee, the only thing they ask is that it is serviced by a GS engineer every 12 months, the person does not have to be a an accredited Worcester fitter, but the offer runs out on the 31st Dec 2011....thanks for all the advice lads...chuck

where did u get the boiler from for that price m8

chucklor
17th December, 2011, 02:50 PM
where did u get the boiler from for that price m8

PM'd you the guys number....chuck