PDA

View Full Version : DB 500HD Tuner Weirdness !!!!!!

215liverpool
1st September, 2011, 09:38 AM
Hi there

I have an original DM500HD with a motorised dish that has been working fine for over a year now but yesterday seemed to develop this weird problem.

This problem seems to be on the Astra 28.2 channels. Channels which I have previously had no problems watching now come up with the "no tune" message. It mostly seems to be all the Sly HD movies and HD sports channels. The weird thing is that every now and then the picture comes up for a few seconds then breaks up and freezes again.

I thought that maybe my image "Gemini" had become corrupted or it was a drivers problem so I installed the latest OpenPli stable image. I also set up my sat positions again and rescanned 28.2 east but I'm still having the same problems.

As the picture does clear occasionly I'm guessing the tuner is fine and of course half the channels (some of the HD channels too) still work on Astra 28.2.

It makes me think this a software problem more that a hardware problem.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be or have come across this before?

Thanks

southpaw
1st September, 2011, 10:19 AM
i had a similar issue recently with an 800 pro , check your signal values when the error occurs , my "BER" level would rise and "SNR" would fall ,
changed the tuner and not seen any issues since

215liverpool
1st September, 2011, 10:31 AM
i had a similar issue recently with an 800 pro , check your signal values when the error occurs , my "BER" level would rise and "SNR" would fall ,
changed the tuner and not seen any issues since

Thanks for your fast reply.

Yes you are right the signal strength (SNR) bounces up and down.

I've never opened up a dreambox before is it easy to change the tuner and where did you buy your tuner from ?

Many Thanks

andy91
1st September, 2011, 10:36 AM
Could you try the box on a mates sky dish and see what happens.It would rule out any possible defective cabling or dish and lnb problems at your end.
Least that way you will know its possibly the tuner.
UKDreamshop stock M rev tuners.

http://ukdreamshop.co.uk/product.php?id_product=62

Andy.

215liverpool
1st September, 2011, 10:51 AM
Could you try the box on a mates sky dish and see what happens.It would rule out any possible defective cabling or dish and lnb problems at your end.
Least that way you will know its possibly the tuner.
UKDreamshop stock M rev tuners.

Tuner DVB-S2 BSBE2-801A for DM800HD Latest (PRO REV M) satellite - ukdreamshop (http://ukdreamshop.co.uk/product.php?id_product=62)

Andy.

Thanks

I have just had a look at the specs for my box and tuner is fixed in a genuine 500HD.

Lets hope it not the tuner then otherwise it will have to be sent back to dream multimedia.

southpaw
1st September, 2011, 11:36 AM
yeh i was just gonna say i not sure if 500 have plug+play tuners ,
andy`s advice is good advice , as it will rule out any cable/dish issues at your gaff

215liverpool
2nd September, 2011, 01:38 PM
As of about 9:30pm last night my box has seemed to return to normal.

On the 28.2 Astra HD channels the dB number is quite high though. Is this normal ? Is high dB better or low dB better ?

Thanks

southpaw
2nd September, 2011, 03:15 PM
High DB is good, fluctuating ber is bad. Ber should be zero

BlueBox
4th September, 2011, 08:46 PM
I lost all my HD channel friday evening bec sky messed up my account got them back next day lunch time for about 3hrs they where freezing and glitching avery 15mins left the box off over night avery thing working ok now

seanyboy81
21st November, 2011, 10:16 PM
I had the same problem with my box sent it back to dream media in germany and they fixed it free of charge there was something wrong with the lnb switcher and they done a firmware up date took them 2 weeks to fix and was free the box was just a year old no harm in emailing them