PDA

View Full Version : wanted

dctyper
24th December, 2008, 04:30 PM
i want to watch footy on saturday's, whats the cheapest box i can get? allready got a dish

.: JaCkPoT :.
24th December, 2008, 04:41 PM
dreambox, aint too cheap but trust me you need a linux receiver...
[im sure you could have stuck to one thread]

Curious123
24th December, 2008, 07:29 PM
i want to watch footy on saturday's, whats the cheapest box i can get? allready got a dish

A clone dm500 is the cheapest box you could buy. For best results you will need a 1m motorised dish and a broadband internet connection.

dctyper
25th December, 2008, 04:15 PM
what about a ipbox 200s, are these any good?

red devil
27th December, 2008, 12:30 AM
A clone dm500 is the cheapest box you could buy. For best results you will need a 1m motorised dish and a broadband internet connection.

is broadband conn essential or could u recommend a box wit usb so u can download info to usb stick and transfer, im gonna get into sat after the hols thanks for any replies

Curious123
27th December, 2008, 12:47 AM
is broadband conn essential or could u recommend a box wit usb so u can download info to usb stick and transfer, im gonna get into sat after the hols thanks for any replies
Sat setup without broadband nowadays is a little bit like sat setup without a dish. I think the technomates do not require a broadband connection as essential but I would seriously consider getting a broadband connection with your sat setup.

opsmonkey
27th December, 2008, 02:30 AM

like curious said some boxes dont require Broadband as essential, you made reference to the D500.. and that deffo needs a BB connection.. even a 512K will do if price is an issue.. without one, you will be updating via Null Modem cable all the time, especially if you dont use an Officail Sub and want to use keys.. thinking of CS, then forget it if you have no BB..

Patching boxes with S/W that clears channels is coming to an end..
If your serious about Sat.. read, read and read again all the info this and other sites like it can offer..

DO NOT plump for a box you know little about, or the workings of, is my advice

Devilfish
27th December, 2008, 03:01 AM
The IPbox is decent receiver but it's new and not much support for it. There is tons of support for the DM500 so I would go with that.

27th December, 2008, 03:34 AM
I think you only need 44kb(download speed) or so for a dreambox to work well but you will also need upload too, to share back...

opsmonkey
27th December, 2008, 03:37 AM
I think you only need 44kb(download speed) or so for a dreambox to work well but you will also need upload too, to share back...

so are you advising him dial-up is good enough..?
He never mentioned sharing

27th December, 2008, 04:28 AM
Its a add on to the post which mentions you must have bb.. You told me that you only need 40kb... Someone else said 46kb... Just sharing my little knowledge...

opsmonkey
27th December, 2008, 04:38 AM
you must have bb for the dreambox..

why..?

becuase you cant leave dial up on all the time..

40kbts or not he needs BB which he has been advised, you have to watch your wording mate.. that post came across like you meant 56k dial up is sufficient, which clearly it isnt

28th December, 2008, 01:54 AM
lol the olden days 56kb... I couldnt even load google with that...