PDA

View Full Version : overhanging branches

true grit
1st September, 2011, 08:48 PM
Just had a fallout with next door I lopped off some of his branches that where hanging over my side, I took them off at the boundary line but he is claiming vandalism.

What I want to know is what can I do about the ones I cant reach that are 30-40 feet up on his land and hang 15-20 over my side.

:dontknow:

cactikid
1st September, 2011, 08:54 PM
as far as i am aware if on your side you are in your rights to trim the overhanging bits and return to him those bits you trimmed.

portbhoy
1st September, 2011, 10:20 PM
I've seen these posts before and I think kiddas spot on, you can prune back but you must not enter their land and must return all pruned bits.

happy_highlander
1st September, 2011, 10:30 PM
Before trimming any tree branches you should make sure the local council haven't put a preservation order on the tree but if they haven't then previous advice is correct trim them to your boundary then lob them back over the fence returning them to their rightful owner. In the fish pond is just a bonus

billy2
2nd September, 2011, 03:12 AM
also photos would have been a good help for proof hanging over my side, i think you also have to ask him to remove then and if he wont you can but have to retrun them

chucklor
2nd September, 2011, 10:23 AM
Pour some diesel down at the roots late at night or hammer some copper nails in the trunk, you not get any more trouble from that tree after a while....

patkins
2nd September, 2011, 10:36 PM
I think billy2 is nearer the mark in adding that you should ask the neighbour first and if no action then proceed with the others advice returning all cuttings to owner.

Lainie
2nd September, 2011, 10:48 PM
as long as they hang over your garden you have the right to chop them off and give them back to him. law is on your side here and if he calls police they will tell him that.

we got same problem with the bassa next door to us. we cant reach the tall ones either but are working on that

billy2
3rd September, 2011, 05:32 PM
even if they are hanging over into your garden it is not your property to cut them down , now saying that if you have the proof that they where and by sending a latter to them asking them to be removed, and they dont do it, then you can do it as long as you returned the cuttings, the ****er next door to me had me in court last summer for doing the same thing, as i had proof of the crap hanging over into my garden and the proof i sent him a letter by post it was f**ked out of corut. the wa**er even tryed to get the cost of a skip from me :itsme: thank ~~~~ he sold the house and moved on

Lainie
3rd September, 2011, 08:30 PM
Your Rights on Trees & Overhanging Branches - Problem Neighbours (http://www.problemneighbours.co.uk/rights-trees-and-overhanging-branches.html)

true grit
3rd September, 2011, 08:52 PM
Its not only the overhang, its the light issue ,the roots, pigeons nesting these are seriously high trees and the old b*****d says its for privacy.

:guns:

ITS A SCAM !
3rd September, 2011, 10:52 PM
I come across overhanging trees every day doing my job, and we are instructed to cut back any foliage that overhangs council property, the owner of the tree etc has no grounds for arguement if their tree etc is on another persons property. When we cut back any foliage we simply leave it on their land so they can dispose of it, as it is theft if we take it from site, and we can be prosecuted. You can get a quote off a tree surgeon for the high branches and pass the writen quote to the neighbour, asking them to get it sorted or you will get tree surgeons in and then you will take them to court for the money...you will win, we allways do.

sipost
17th September, 2011, 11:44 AM
Thanks fr this info - very useful as have similar issues with son's new house

philmorry
1st October, 2011, 08:13 PM
i have had experance with a simler problem, i can tell you the best and quickest way to resolve this issue, is to go to your local councl wi pics and a good attitude tell them your issue, if your neigbrs resposable and wont do what is expected, the councl come round do whats req and bill him.