PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Wii Laser (any guide?)

DarkDEUS
24th December, 2008, 09:02 PM
Does anyone know of any good guides for replacing the Wii laser lens? I already know how to disassemble the Wii to install the modchip,
but from that part, what do I need to disassemble to gain access to the lens?
I heard that PoPy's guide for tweaking the Pot has details on gaining access to the lens, but
I can't find his guide anywhere. OpenWii's forum is down. =/
I appreciate the help.

lfc4life
24th December, 2008, 09:02 PM
why not research it thru google??:wink:

DarkDEUS
24th December, 2008, 09:05 PM
I've searched Google, but I can't find any good leads on replacing the lens, only on tweaking the pot.

lfc4life
24th December, 2008, 09:07 PM
Have actually thought about contacting nintendo? and removing your mod chip 1st?:wink:

dell_xps
24th December, 2008, 10:49 PM
Or buy a replacement rom m8 ?
Sure they start about ?40 upwards.

menacez
29th December, 2008, 02:03 AM
Does anyone know of any good guides for replacing the Wii laser lens? I already know how to disassemble the Wii to install the modchip,
but from that part, what do I need to disassemble to gain access to the lens?
I heard that PoPy's guide for tweaking the Pot has details on gaining access to the lens, but
I can't find his guide anywhere. OpenWii's forum is down. =/
I appreciate the help.

I ended up replacing the wii laser lens - was struggling with backups but worked fine with origs. Ended up doing the POT mod but this made things worse in my case.

Anyway, not sure if the mods will allow this external link but I fixed mine after opening the following thread at digitalworldz:

Wii Challenge - Digital World (http://forums.digitalworldz.co.uk/showthread.php?t=151977)

Hope it helps.
Menacez