PDA

View Full Version : Kies Air

Canker_Canison
5th September, 2011, 07:07 PM
Had my SGS2 about a month now & only just got round to trying Kies Air.....

The end of installing bulky software packages & drivers onto your computer, like Samsung Kies, could soon be at an end.

I wasn't sure what to expect when I tried it, but I'm shocked & amazed.

In a sentence, Kies Air is a tool allowing network access of your phone to any computer connected to the same network.

Say I wanted to send a music track to a laptop, but I don't have a cable or bluetooth on the laptop.

With both devices connected to the same wi-fi source you start Kies Air & click 'Start'.
It then gives you an IP address, i.e. 192.168.4.1:8080

http://sammyhub.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/kies-air.jpg

If you enter this into the address bar on the laptop web browser it loads a mini version of Kies. Similar to when you access your router config.

From there I had access to all my photo's, videos, music, contacts, call log... Pretty much everything on my phone.

http://www.wengkhin.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/kies-air.jpg

This has got to be the most impressive connection idea I have ever seen.
I had music from my phone playing on the shop PC even though my phone was on the other side of the room. Maybe I'm easily pleased, but if you don't already have this on your Samsung phone, I'd be trying to download it & give it a try.

tshirtman
5th September, 2011, 08:04 PM
Totally agree, I was/am very impressed.

here's a link to download it if you haven't got it, I'm not sure if this is only compatible with Samsung devices.

happy_highlander
5th September, 2011, 08:50 PM
Totally agree, I was/am very impressed.

here's a link to download it if you haven't got it, I'm not sure if this is only compatible with Samsung devices.
It is only compatible with samsung devices and can only be downloaded from samsung apps not from the market, I've been using it about 4 months now and it soesn't have save some bother seeing as I can never find my usb cable.

Canker_Canison
5th September, 2011, 11:22 PM
The girlfriend has the Galaxy Ace, it's not included as standard on her phone. Might have a look for it next time I see her. It will make her life easier.

Strange thought, how well will it work mobile to mobile?

happy_highlander
6th September, 2011, 02:50 PM
The girlfriend has the Galaxy Ace, it's not included as standard on her phone. Might have a look for it next time I see her. It will make her life easier.

Strange thought, how well will it work mobile to mobile?

It won't unless you set up one phone to act as vpn that is connected to a wifi signal and then tether the other phone to the vpn with a wifi connection between the two and even then it will be no faster than bluetooth

Canker_Canison
6th September, 2011, 02:56 PM
Not what I had in mind. If two phones were connected over the same wi-fi network & one used Kies Air.

Would it be quicker than bluetooth?

happy_highlander
6th September, 2011, 05:39 PM
Not what I had in mind. If two phones were connected over the same wi-fi network & one used Kies Air.

Would it be quicker than bluetooth?

I have just tried and it doesn't seem to work either. The phones do not recognise each other but on the other hand I think the samsung app that will do what you want would be the allshare app which allows allshare devices like smart tv samsung lappy's and windows 7 media centre and phones to interact with each other using dlna