PDA

View Full Version : TEP CNC machine

Mjolinor
6th September, 2011, 01:15 PM
I bought this. I have no software for it. There is bugger all on the Internet about it and I need to know.

Does anyone know anyone that has one. It was made for educational purposes by TEP or MUTR (Middlesex University Teaching Resource)

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/33749-mjolinor/albums/pics/5269-tep.jpg

elchip
7th September, 2011, 10:31 PM
I bought this. I have no software for it. There is bugger all on the Internet about it and I need to know.

Does anyone know anyone that has one. It was made for educational purposes by TEP or MUTR (Middlesex University Teaching Resource)

As I see good it is maked with stepper motor...
It is low cost and error in step machine.
What driver is for all axsis ?
U have any BOB PCB ?
Give more info and I will help you.
I was maked many CNC in past...
Regard's

Mjolinor
8th September, 2011, 08:21 AM
I need the driver for the serial port. This is only available in the TechCAD software. If I had the protocol then I could control it from my PC but without the protocol all I can do is replace the electronics with a parallel port control and use EMC2 or Mach3. I do not want to do this if I can avoid it.

The PIC inside the machine has the code protect bit set so I can't read it.

I will replace the electronics if I can't find the software.

elchip
8th September, 2011, 06:52 PM
I need the driver for the serial port. This is only available in the TechCAD software. If I had the protocol then I could control it from my PC but without the protocol all I can do is replace the electronics with a parallel port control and use EMC2 or Mach3. I do not want to do this if I can avoid it.

The PIC inside the machine has the code protect bit set so I can't read it.

I will replace the electronics if I can't find the software.

Look in Mach3 is option to control any machine via RS232 but you need registered Mach3 SW. If you have freeware it is not opened option...

If you have any know of electyronic I can send you full working project of me for stepper or for SERVO with encoder...
As I see in your CNC is used stepper motor so write me here how many wire is out from motor to we determinate which driver type you need if you will maybe replace...

Best regard's