PDA

View Full Version : lnbf on display

nicole123
6th September, 2011, 02:42 PM
hi all the mrs moved the tv while i was in work and the sat wire came out the back of my tm5400 and i put it back in while it was switched on doh!! anyway got a new lnb and by-passed the motor straight to the dish,anyway it is still saying lnbf on the display but when i disconnect the sat wire into the box the display changes back to how it should be, any ideas plz ??????:withstupid:

dick b
6th September, 2011, 03:20 PM
check the f-plugs have no stray strands of shielding wire loose(check both ends) and if you have an ohm meter do a continuity test leave both ends disconnected and put one probe on the center wire of one end of your cable and the other on the f-plug case and with the meter on you should not get a reading if you do its shorting out somewhere.

nicole123
6th September, 2011, 06:38 PM
check the f-plugs have no stray strands of shielding wire loose(check both ends) and if you have an ohm meter do a continuity test leave both ends disconnected and put one probe on the center wire of one end of your cable and the other on the f-plug case and with the meter on you should not get a reading if you do its shorting out somewhere.spot on !! 1 strand was touching thanks again dickb :burnout:

Manic01
7th September, 2011, 05:06 AM
Thats why it displays lnbf.