PDA

View Full Version : Help with Arnet A7000C

bobmar
25th December, 2008, 09:38 AM
Hi
Firstly I would like to wish everyone on DK a very Merry Christmas!!!
Also I am a new owner of a Arnet A700C Kryptview box and not sure what programmes/channels I should be receiving on it?? I have never owned a cable box before, just sky satellite.
I think that it has the 28/11/08 Firmware on it, but I am not getting any PPV's etc. When I am on any of the encrpyted channels I just receive the message 'waiting for code update', have left it on channel for ages, but nothing happens??
I have read that a lot of the boxes have gone down and not sure if I should try to download the latest 29/11/08 file.
Any advise would be helpful.
Thanks Bobmar

bugaloo41
25th December, 2008, 11:42 AM
Merry Christmas mate.

The emulation on these boxes are on by default so if you have the 28.11 firmware on your box it should certainly be picking up all channels. Sounds to me like you have got an older firmware on the box.

Firstly, you will need to buy a null modem cable about ?2 from a famous auction site.

You will also need the image which you can gte here Digital Kaos - Downloads - Kryptview 281108 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/kryptview-281108-421/)

and the loader which you can get here Digital Kaos - Downloads - Arnet Kryptview Loader Instructions (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/arnet-kryptview-loader-instructions-122/)

Unrar both files and save them to your desktop or somewhere else on your pc.

Open up the software loader - click on option "tool" and go to "loader" and click on "loader send". The loader now opens up.

Click on "open" and scroll to where you saved the bin file (image) on your pc. Now rig up the pc and box with your null modem. Make sure the box is off at the mains.

Now click on "start" and quickly turn the box on at the wall. Your box will start to flash.

Once the download complete message is displayed - plug in your box and your channels should display.

Alternatively, if you think a new image has been flashed to your box try doing a factory reset, then rescan for all channels.

bobmar
25th December, 2008, 12:01 PM
Hi
Thanks for the info & a Merry christmas to you.
I will get a lead and give it a try!
Just thought I would let you know my System Info:
DATE 28/11/2008
SOFTWARE VERSION kryptview pv1.9.50
H/W v1.2.0
Not sure if this means anything to you??

Thanks Again!!

bugaloo41
25th December, 2008, 12:24 PM
Bobmar my sons box has the 29.11 image on it and it displays s/ware pv1.8.50 date 26.9.08.

bobmar
25th December, 2008, 01:33 PM
Hi,
So am I right in thinking, it could well be that the box is standard, and no firmware has ever been put on it?

bugaloo41
25th December, 2008, 02:39 PM
There must be firmware on it if you are getting some channels. If you have recently purchased it I think most sellers do not put any image on it as it is sold as a fta box. I would update the box and i am certain you will then get the full package.

bobmar
25th December, 2008, 04:13 PM
Hi
Thanks for your help.
I have ordered the cable and will give it a go.
Will let you know how I get on.
Thanks again
Bobmar

peanut67
25th December, 2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks this helped alot