PDA

View Full Version : Launch X431 Heavy Duty

shitad
8th September, 2011, 01:37 PM
I am thinking of getting a Launch X431 Heavy Duty for about $1900 or is it better to buy NEXTIQ USBLink and get different Heavy Duty software here.
For New General Heavy Truck diagnostic business start up.

Give me your take ??

Regards

Poptest
8th September, 2011, 02:11 PM
I am thinking of getting a Launch X431 Heavy Duty for about $1900 or is it better to buy NEXTIQ USBLink and get different Heavy Duty software here.
For New General Heavy Truck diagnostic business start up.

Give me your take ??

Regards

I am also considering this tool. What trucks do you want to work on?

shitad
9th September, 2011, 01:05 PM
Mainly Japan and USA Medium and Heavy Trucks

drizzt4321
9th September, 2011, 02:18 PM
For USA, you can't beat a laptop + Nexiq USB Link. All the self-contained scanning tools just can't match the functionality and upgrade path that a laptop can. I can't really comment about Japan trucks.

Think about it this way: Would you rather use OEM software that dealers & distributors use, or a scan tool that a 3rd party makes?

If you just want to read codes and view data stream information, go with the scanning tools. If you want to be able to diagnosing, ECM cal changes, run diagnostic tests, etc... Go with the Laptop + USB Link.

Poptest
9th September, 2011, 02:30 PM
Mainly Japan and USA Medium and Heavy Trucks

Same here.......but use for Japanese trucks only. I can't even find a workshop manual for Jap trucks.

Drizzt is correct about oem software + laptop + usb link, best combination for US trucks.