PDA

View Full Version : ISX CM870 VOLVO VN PROBLEM

melgarejo.salomon
8th September, 2011, 09:49 PM
Hi guys, I have a 2003 Volvo VN truck with Cummins ISX cm870, the original problem was that he fed with 24 volts, which damaged the engine ECU and did not return to work, we bought a new factory ECU and we go back to all systems install it by connecting the insite, he fails Error code accelerator pedal 91 4, and also the fault code 231 9, the first accused the electrical wiring between pedal and the ECU, what happens in this truck
is that it has a volvo v?cu integrated into the cabin, which sends the information to the ECU, making verification of the accelerator cable and have come to the conclusion that the v?cu was in trouble because they did not transmit the signal throttle the ECU, we have a spare set with the same VIN install but we had the same problem, and we can not operate the truck, it started without problem but the error of acceleration, operating the same and enable the validation of it, the engine will throttle without any control, the release is working at idle, the communication connection between the engine compartment and J1939 is verified, but failed with the insite someone could give some idea to solve as you can configure or verify the truck v?cu, or at the configuration of the ECU cm870 ISX to meet the v?cu

dieselequipos
8th September, 2011, 09:59 PM
SALOMON:

PRIME TIME

your engine ecu is calibrated with original calibration file please check this prime time. if you use other calibration without use on volvo dont accelerate pedal ... is normal , need change to calibratrion special volvo ,

second time , if you have a correct calibration engine ecu cummins for volvo , problem you have on VECU control cabine.

mondao
9th September, 2011, 04:54 AM
Hi guys, I have a 2003 Volvo VN truck with Cummins ISX cm870, the original problem was that he fed with 24 volts, which damaged the engine ECU and did not return to work, we bought a new factory ECU and we go back to all systems install it by connecting the insite, he fails Error code accelerator pedal 91 4, and also the fault code 231 9, the first accused the electrical wiring between pedal and the ECU, what happens in this truck
is that it has a volvo v?cu integrated into the cabin, which sends the information to the ECU, making verification of the accelerator cable and have come to the conclusion that the v?cu was in trouble because they did not transmit the signal throttle the ECU, we have a spare set with the same VIN install but we had the same problem, and we can not operate the truck, it started without problem but the error of acceleration, operating the same and enable the validation of it, the engine will throttle without any control, the release is working at idle, the communication connection between the engine compartment and J1939 is verified, but failed with the insite someone could give some idea to solve as you can configure or verify the truck v?cu, or at the configuration of the ECU cm870 ISX to meet the v?cu
find ways to communicate with insite, search features and parameters, a parameter related to the J1939 accelerator pedal
good luck

jctech
9th September, 2011, 06:12 AM

You need to set up Multiplexing, use Insite features and parameters.
Throttle pedal is multiplexed with "17 cruise control" on 2007 trucks, I dont know about yours, if not 17, then "23 instrument panel".

melgarejo.salomon
9th September, 2011, 01:31 PM
SALOMON:

PRIME TIME

your engine ecu is calibrated with original calibration file please check this prime time. if you use other calibration without use on volvo dont accelerate pedal ... is normal , need change to calibratrion special volvo ,

second time , if you have a correct calibration engine ecu cummins for volvo , problem you have on VECU control cabine.

the calibration of the ECM is for the engine to confirm, ever happened to me sometimes that accessories such as engine braking does not work, so I went back to pass calibration that corresponds

referred to special calibration volvo?

melgarejo.salomon
9th September, 2011, 01:37 PM
find ways to communicate with insite, search features and parameters, a parameter related to the J1939 accelerator pedal
good luck

I found the option in the multiplexer 1939, but the problem I have now is that the pedal has stopped working, the source options throttle signal from several options, I tried a few but does not work that refers to the ECU vehicle, by way of comment on the pedal error disappears, but the throttle does not work

melgarejo.salomon
9th September, 2011, 01:40 PM
Throttle pedal is multiplexed with "17 cruise control" on 2007 trucks, I dont know about yours, if not 17, then "23 instrument panel".

that option I have not tested yet, this morning I'll do them later said the results, thank you very much everyone for the contributions

melgarejo.salomon
9th September, 2011, 07:06 PM

hi guys
I paid this morning tests, and to configure the multiplexer J1939, with the option 17, cruise control, the truck has been running ok, and come out running, thank you very much for the support and also for the contribution you:party: