PDA

View Full Version : Idiots Guide

Pedrosky
9th September, 2011, 05:21 PM
Hi Each

I have installed my first ever satellite system !

It's a 90 mortorised dish with a VU+ Duo receiver.

Amazingly the first fix of the dish (and I am a complete novice) seems to have been suficiently accurate to enable me to locate loads of channels at a good singnal strength.

Anyway my questions now are:

Why should I update the linux software to Vix 2.2 and how is this done and is this software or firmware or are they the same? The idiots guide on this forum confused me so is there a morons guide to help me through my next stage of development :-)

dell_xps
9th September, 2011, 09:34 PM
Update it via you Vu Duo box, go into menu, then vix menu, then software update.
HTH

Pedrosky
10th September, 2011, 10:15 AM
Update it via you Vu Duo box, go into menu, then vix menu, then software update.
HTH

There is no vix option in the menu system !

Are you presuming there is a previous version of VIX?
This new box seems to have enigma pre -installed which I presume is a different version of Linux?

alec
12th September, 2011, 01:28 PM
There is no vix option in the menu system !

Are you presuming there is a previous version of VIX?
This new box seems to have enigma pre -installed which I presume is a different version of Linux?

If you have the latest VIX 2.2 Image, you can update the software > menu >setup > VIX > software Update

cosie
12th September, 2011, 08:03 PM
just download the latest vix onto a usb stick,you will need to extract the files first with winrar etc then just copy the folder onto the root of ur stick,then turn of your duo box at the back,plug in ur stick and turn the box on and wait till it says remove stick and reboot,thats it

Pedrosky
13th September, 2011, 04:47 PM
Cheers
Done