PDA

View Full Version : HTC Sensation v Samsung Galaxy S2

Lyrrad
14th September, 2011, 12:07 PM
I've go the chance to have either of the above phones.

I normally get HTC phone, keep it then root it.

I have HTC Desire and it's the first phone I've been happy with for the term of my contract. That said and done I would not dismiss Iphone 5 as an option.

Any feedback is welcome

Canker_Canison
14th September, 2011, 04:22 PM
There's a similar thread in the mobile section, but there's not much in it lol

Ok, they have the same processor & similar memory. But the Galaxy S2 is quicker.

Pretty much the same on battery life, the Galaxy S2 is slightly better.

Build quality on the HTC is better, you know you've got hold of something. The the light weight Samsung is nothing short of witch craft. But you'd expect the HTC to survive more of the knocks & bumps of a 24 month contract.

The HTC screen has a higher pixel count than the Samsung, but the colours on the S2 are something else. OLED will survive a crack better than the LCD of the Sensation.

Software - The Samsung is very easy to flash & debranded firmware is freely available, as are custom ROM's.
The HTC may not be as easy, but with the xtc clip, it can be unlocked & given a super CID (Goldcard) allowing custom ROM's to be flashed without the need to Root it first.

I have the S2 mainly because my last phone was a Samsung & the speed & easy of flashing appealed to me more than build quality.
It's also stupidly thin & doesn't feel bulky in my pocket.

My Omnia HD served me well for 2 years, & I never regretted it. That phone was bullet proof when it came to the software. I get the same feeling with the S2. I'm proud to show people what it can do & how well it does it.

happy_highlander
14th September, 2011, 05:12 PM
Another vote for s 2 for all the same reasons as canker plus allshare which is the samsung app that allows streaming and control of media on other smart devices. For example hd film on pc with windows 7, standard hd tv, samsung smart blue ray/dvd player and galaxy s or s2 detect windows media player with phone and dvd player with phone and use phone as a wifi go between to stream signal from pc to tv

Lyrrad
14th September, 2011, 05:48 PM
Yeah I'm gonna go with the Samsung

tshirtman
14th September, 2011, 07:38 PM
Yeah I'm gonna go with the Samsung

You wont regret it, I went from htc to a S2 and love it.