PDA

View Full Version : Shower tray issue.

tarajanes
14th September, 2011, 09:11 PM
Hello all.
Please forgive me if I have posted in wrong place.but new to this.Here is my problem.My hubby fitted our new shower.there was previously a shower mixer.no problems with this or the tray.
However this time round we installed a stone shower tray.pipe work is all the same running to same place as previous one.we do have a flexi waste pipe.I have used the shower twice now.tonight when showering the tray fill up with water.and takes a very long time to drain.I had to take off the round silver cover and the insert in order for the water to start draining.why is it taking so long.hubby thinks by raising shower tray will solve this issue.would I be right in thinking that its possible that the flexi waste pipe has a sag in it.which is delaying flow.and that ideally we need to raise shower tray so there is more of a slope on the waste pipe.there is no clogs of hai or anything literally everything is brand new,onlly used twice.please help.fed up of hubbys plumbing work :( ..just want to be able use my lovely shower room..:bawling::bawling::bawling:

daithi
14th September, 2011, 09:45 PM
ya id say theres a sag or kink in it might be pinched

tarajanes
14th September, 2011, 10:00 PM
Many thanks for your reply.thats what im thinking.least by raising shower tray,we can check this out.lets hope so...

happy_highlander
14th September, 2011, 10:03 PM
There is a sag in the flexi pipe which in turn causes an air lock which is why it drains when you remove the insert from the drain as this part has a rubber seal to stop smells and air. raising the tray is not necessary. change the flexi pipe for rigid and as long as the pipe has a downhill fall on it you will have no further problems. By the way I'm a plumber to trade

happy_highlander
14th September, 2011, 10:07 PM
If you raise the shower tray the flexi pipe will just sag further over time as the continual temperature change from hot water to cold will soften the very thin flexi pipe wall

tarajanes
14th September, 2011, 10:11 PM
Fantastic news.glad you put quote your a plumber.being a woman,tried telling hubby this.but he was insistent needed raise tray.sods law.had remove shower etc twice now due to leaks.below shower room.I will now show him this comment.maybe he eat humble pie.:)

cactikid
14th September, 2011, 10:20 PM
no desert for a month lol,tell him you can have a real man plumber to fix it ,and his name is jim lol

tarajanes
14th September, 2011, 10:23 PM
He wont be getting anything if he dont sort it once and for all.Bless he does try hard.
Thankyou so much for everyones help here.I new I was right just needed some back up.