PDA

View Full Version : leaves blower/sucker

Lainie
15th September, 2011, 08:19 AM
im sick and tired of brushing back door cause of all the leaves blowing off next doors trees. thinking of buying one of those leaf blower/sucker machine thingmajiggeries.

anyone got one or can recommend one.

the goat
15th September, 2011, 10:18 AM
i've got one, waste of time for my garden
i have hedges on 3 sides so need to pick up the leaves
bag just does on hold enough leaves
so i still rake and big up using those plastic hand things so u get lots of leaves in each go

ranger
13th October, 2011, 10:34 PM
if you get a Sthil backpack blowers,, their the best, i use them in work , but you will pay high for a new one, see if you can get a second hand one from a hire all shop, the sell them off at the end of the year, and they work,,,

McMav
14th October, 2011, 10:23 AM
Daily Mail did a review of them at the weekend. Think Black and Decker one scored well and wasnt the most expensive.

stihl260
15th October, 2011, 08:30 AM
if you get a Sthil backpack blowers,, their the best, i use them in work , but you will pay high for a new one, see if you can get a second hand one from a hire all shop, the sell them off at the end of the year, and they work,,,

yep Stihl stuff is great, but a blower is just that it just shifts the problem elsewhere.

Buy a Stihl BG 86 (handheld blower) it s what i have. then add the Vacum shredder conversion kit with collection bag.

This turns your blower into a leaf sucker / mulcher with a clollection bag.

Beware of using this without changing over to a metal mulching blade on the motor fan.

If you use the existing plastic one and you suck any twigs up it wil brake the plastic fins off.

Just a tip!

Petrol 2 stroke is best. more power, completely portable and no trailing electric leads.

if you look around you will find lots of online deals using the Stihl BG56 , which tbh is not man enough as it has the less powerful motor.

Sold at a cheap price for the domestic market, where is the BG86 is aimed at Proffesionals like me who want the most power for their hard earned money.

hope this helps.

Meat-Head
15th October, 2011, 06:10 PM
Just for reference the one from B&Q is ideal for holding still a Polish cat still that has snuck in your garage for a piss.

10/10

wulbert2001
25th October, 2011, 10:56 PM
ive got a stihl blower vac with the metal blade i use a backpack blower then lift the leaves with the vac ...blower vac was ?370 ..great tool though.........

jcgrumbles
30th October, 2011, 11:43 AM
i prefer the stihl as well,although i find it tends to pucker up the loose skin behind my testicles...

Meat-Head
30th October, 2011, 12:12 PM
i prefer the stihl as well,although i find it tends to pucker up the loose skin behind my testicles...

did we need that information?

jcgrumbles
30th October, 2011, 03:02 PM
did we need that information?
need it or not,you got it..:eviltongue:

DOUGALMCD
22nd August, 2012, 07:23 PM
Don't bother buying one as it will become heavy and cumbersome. This is what you need.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTL9S0eV_Zg1EsLOyJHsLODwpJmpliMZ c7tdRqQCKYNsoNkIdF3DztaJ4zc

moza
23rd August, 2012, 03:45 PM
The backpack blower Stihl BR-200 is the lightest in the range, with very interesting work opportunities. This is indeed a very versatile material, truly for all gardeners. It could even be defined by the following formula: comfort professionals serving individuals!

With the BR-200 Stihl has taken advantage of the operating power handheld blower BG 86, a bestseller among professionals. And so, because the BR-200 has the same engine as the BG 86 with the same performance ... but a version back!

In fact, Stihl has not released it occurs randomly. There is indeed a real passion for this type of material: the blower is already a tool that democratizes the garden and more individuals require backpack blowers, like the pros ...

However, it is not necessary to have a large garden to use the BR-200. Even in a garden area of ***8203;***8203;200 sqm this blower already know to become indispensable! The initial idea: not wearing his material at arm's length, but in the back and, for greater ease of use. This is really where is the starting point of reflection of the users. And it is this demand that has been identified by Stihl!

The BR-200 is a blower perfectly suited not only to the work of individuals but also those professionals. Indeed, landscapers, janitors, etc.. now have at their disposal an effective tool for finishing. Finally a real practical backpack blower, light, handy and comfortable that you can use easily and without constraint, even after a hard day's work!

In summary, the BR-200 is very light material (less than 6 kg) and very versatile. It is the link between amateurs and professionals looking for a complementary product, at an affordable price. The concept of backpack blower in the service of many!

wulbert2001
27th November, 2012, 11:57 PM
buy a wolf garten leaf rake a new product piks up leaves easy.then put in a ton sack or whellie bin..sorted..rake cost ?30 but its quality