PDA

View Full Version : satilite dilemma

Elric
28th April, 2008, 02:10 PM
been thinking about a sat set up ive got 2 dm600pvr which is both being used
on cable,i know i can buy a sat tuner for them,but its the dish will i need a fixed
type or a motorised dish,ive allready have a fixed dish its about 90cm and it
was used with sly services will i need a bigger and better dish,i know me next door nieghbour has summat like a 1meter dish on side of his house i dont know
where its pointing to but with them being turks it be on a turkish sat,maybe i can tap into it or ask him if he still uses it what channels can i expect using the sat dish will it be simaler to what i get now on cable or nothing like it,cos the missis like watching the movies channel as well as the bbc,itv,ch4 etc etc,what sports channel you get im not really into football but ppv sports i do watch,is there a channel list somewhere where
i can look and show the missis what channels satilite will get

thanks...

Devilfish
28th April, 2008, 02:34 PM
A 90cm dish will be perfect for what you want. You'd be better to get a motor for it to make full use of it though.

All the sky channels on 28.2e but sky isn't hacked so you will still need a valid subscription before you'll get those channels.

There are loads of channels on 13e and 19.2e that you can watch without a subscription. Loads of movies and sport on Premiere (19.2e) and TPS (13e).

Have a look at en.kingofsat.net or www.lyngsat.com

the-viewer
28th April, 2008, 06:40 PM
In this game..if your going to a motorised system, the saying goes the bigger the dish the better it will be...During the rain many of peeps with small dishes lose channels...I have a 1.8mtr dish in my back garden and its great throughout,bad weather..but even I lose channels on weaker sats..

As koas said above your be fine with a 90cm to a 1mtr dish for Astra 19.2 east and hotbird 13.0 east,polsat on 13.0 east shows boxing and wrestling (ppv )and premier has motor raceing and good films..

Devilfish
28th April, 2008, 06:48 PM
UK law prevents you putting anything bigger than a 1.1mtr dish on the wall of your house. You will need planning permission if you want to go bigger.

But as the-viewer says, on the ground in your garden is as big as you like! ;)

Elric
29th April, 2008, 12:58 AM
so this is what il get if i get a motorised dish,all these from here www.lyngsat.com

also i dont think il get any thing bigger then a meter diish in the garden
cos the dog will pee on it or eat it

krazylegz
29th April, 2008, 02:55 AM
you will get most satellites between 55w and about 42e if set up correctly m8 bar the odd one or two like nilesat (7w).

your neighbours will probably be on 42e if they are turks.

a lot of the satellites have foreign shite on that you'd never watch or understand but some of the main packages that are hacked are

13e----TPS
13e----Polsat
19.2e--Premiere (possibly the best package open at the moment)
1w-----Digi tv

also if you like premiership football digitalab on 16e was a excellent choice to buy a card for as it's not hacked,showed the second most amount of footy behing showsports on 7w who showed every single game bit need about a 3.5m dish to get it in the uk:(

just hope digitalab are just as good for footy next season or better.