PDA

View Full Version : barryallen won't install on nfs

cxtrd
26th December, 2008, 01:07 PM
Hello. As a newbie I want to create a more or less failsafe setup for 600pvr i just bought with nabilo darkstar 2 installed.

Try to install it in /media/hdd wich is a mounted nfs-share. This is partial output of 'mount' , to show what's mounted :
viaserver:/extra/dreambox on /media/hdd type nfs (rw,v3,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,hard,udp,lock,addr= viaserver)
and this is to show is mounted :
root@dm600pvr:~# ls /media/hdd
backups epg.dat movie system usr

In fstab it looks like this (I outcommented original line):
#/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /media/hdd auto defaults 0 0
viaserver:/extra/dreambox /hdd nfs rw 0 0

When I try to install barryallen (ppc-version 4.6.34) with ipkg installation fails because no suitable medium is found to install to :

root@dm600pvr:~# ipkg install /tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-barryallen_4.6.34_powerpc.ipk
Installing enigma2-plugin-extensions-barryallen (4.6.34) to root...
It's a Dream !
IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE BOOTMANAGER THAT IT DOESN'T REACT
TO THE REMOTE CONTROL, THEN PLEASE TRY OUT FIRST THE RC DEVICE
SETTINGS IN THE BARRY ALLEN SETUP WIZZARD !!!
waiting now 20 secs to give USB devices a last chance
Barry Allen stops automount, reboot after installation to get it back
No usable Device found for Barry Allen, sorry !
preinst script returned status 1
An error ocurred, return value: 1.
Collected errors:
Aborting installation of enigma2-plugin-extensions-barryallen

As I understand it the preinst script cannot find the mount under /media/hdd.

Is something wrong with my mount, or can someone point me out how to edit the preinst script ?

As you might have guessed, i'm a linux user, but do not know if ipkg packages
are editable somehow

opsmonkey
26th December, 2008, 06:40 PM
download and read this 'how to' file from creaters of Barry Allen..
Its a zipped PDF file..

cxtrd
27th December, 2008, 12:34 PM
Thanks for your seggestion. I have read it, but it does not give a clue. As stated in my first post I did try to install according to instructions. Installation starts, and with no cf-card or usb-device available it should switch to hdd installation. It does just that, but cannot find my harddisk. So my guess is that the script looks for a fysical harddrive, and does not look in existing directories like /media/hdd where my nfs-share is mounted.
I am not yet able to edit the script, nor to check how the script looks for hd. One can instruct ipkg to install to a given directory, but that seems to be overruked by the script. To be continued..

opsmonkey
27th December, 2008, 08:30 PM
is Barry Allen compatable with that image..?

cxtrd
28th December, 2008, 10:07 AM
That's a good question. As far as I know barryallen should not be related to any image, but that's hard to find out for me as a newbie. Probably there are some differences in directory lay out or something like that when nabilo is installed in flash.
I have looked serious at my nfs-system, that seems to be ok. Dreambox user nobody can write on the share, and the files writen there have permissions rwxr-xr-x. This is according to default dreambox setting for umask which is 022. I'm still a bit surprised though, for x permission on nfs files is not normal usage for nfs-files and a safety risk.
But anyway, my nfs setup does not seem to cause trouble, and therefore I would like to be able to find out in what way barryallen install looks for a harddrive...

cxtrd
30th December, 2008, 10:35 PM
So, back again. Triggered by opsmonkey's question I have concentrated on flashing gemini image. (gemini-460-dm600pvr-200812192032.nfi )I managed that (it was my first time), and it works ok, to my relief
In this image I have mounted nfs-share through the mount-manager in the web-interface. It mounted well, so I will concider this as correctly done.
Of course I was curious to see if barryallen would install now, but installations fails again with the same error as mentioned earlier.
the barryallen file I use is: enigma2-plugin-extensions-barryallen_4.6.34_powerpc.ipk.
So image compatibility does not seem to be the problem. Now that i can flash an image and learned to work with dreamset installing barryallen is not life-saving, but i would like to give it a try, and I want to learn why i encounter this problem.
Moreover, video recording also still has some problems which i suspect to be related to the nfs mount also.

despdan
30th December, 2008, 10:55 PM
Hi cxtrd

try loading barryallen first then mountb nfs-share

cxtrd
2nd January, 2009, 07:21 AM
thanks despdan. I have looked at your suggestion, but i have got to install ba first. And ba can only be installed on added media like extra cf, usb or hd. I have non of those, but wanted to install ba on nfs-share.
I managed to look through the files in the ba package, and saw that not only install, but the whole script uses /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /media/hdd as reference for hdd. This is of course ok if a fysical hdd is there. I don't have that fysical hdd, but mounted an nfs-share under /media/hdd.
I have tried to find a way to make the system believe the nfs-share is a fysical hdd, but i have come to believe it is not possible.

So thanks all for suggestions, learned a lot and that is considered very useful.

Hejira
25th October, 2009, 09:48 PM
download and read this 'how to' file from creaters of Barry Allen..
Its a zipped PDF file..

Sorry to revive an old thread but this link dosen't seem to be active. Is there a more upto date version?