PDA

View Full Version : advice needed

MR-T
26th December, 2008, 02:06 PM
i have a blackbox 500s which is about 3 months old and never had a problem till the other day,the box would not turn off via the remote control so i just unplugged it at the mains and switched it back on again thats when the problem started,now it will not conect to the internet so i cannot update the keys have checked all cables and found no fault whatsoever with them have even tried to ping the box but to no avail.
i also have another blackbox 500s and it works perfectly any help would be gertefully appreciated as i am at my wits end with it,also i have the gemini 4.2 image and running cccam 2.09 on both boxes so me thinks its a hardware issue any suggestions ?

regards

MR-T
:boxing:

2tone
26th December, 2008, 02:26 PM
is that the image that bomb was taken out of if so i would check your mac there was a prob with this and the clones you could even try a new image m8 this is the things with clone boxs gemini want nothing to do with them well dream if you want to look at it that way

MR-T
26th December, 2008, 02:34 PM
thanks for the quick response but have tried various other images and still the same,the thing is it was working ok until i unplugged it from the main and also the other box has the same image and also running it on cccam 2.09 just the dam thing will not get an ip addy.

regards
MR-T

2tone
26th December, 2008, 03:35 PM
thanks for the quick response but have tried various other images and still the same,the thing is it was working ok until i unplugged it from the main and also the other box has the same image and also running it on cccam 2.09 just the dam thing will not get an ip addy.

regards
MR-T

there is some thing wrong with the ethernet port m8 have you had a look at how its set up in the net work settings on the box might also be pot luck that its gone how long have you had it

MR-T
26th December, 2008, 03:54 PM
i have checked out eveything i can think of against the other 2 boxes which have been done the very same way,even reset the router back to factory settings but to no avail, even uplugged the box the box from downstairs and still cannot ping it the box is only 3 months old.

opsmonkey
26th December, 2008, 06:23 PM
the blackbox is a cheap chinese copy.. it maybe that this indivdual box has not been made up to the standards of your others..

If you other 2 are identical and this one is faulty running the same IMG & EMU's.. i think you have answerd your own question.. :)

PS - is that your dish...?

MR-T
26th December, 2008, 09:44 PM
yip i think its a hardware issue,looks like its a case of sending it back to china and waiting probably a couple of months for them to test it and get it back.
as for the dish i got it from another site wish it was mines lol

alunfennell
26th December, 2008, 10:12 PM
I have come across the Blackbox receiver (not a bad machine) but before powering it up I opening it & found a lot of metal chippings around the PCB some were magnetised to important BGA components and resistors, this will of course damage the receiver or stop it from functioning , so I suggest you open your receiver and see if any chippings are strone around the inside of your receiver touching off components and possably shorting out features on your receiver. (realy good clone when its up and running mind you)

Regards:
Alun

MR-T
26th December, 2008, 11:53 PM
thanks for the reply,but not gonna open the box up as it would void my warranty if the seal is tampered with,so hopefully i hear from them soon and give me an addy where to send it as its only 3 months old.

opsmonkey
26th December, 2008, 11:55 PM
thanks for the reply,but not gonna open the box up as it would void my warranty if the seal is tampered with,so hopefully i hear from them soon and give me an addy where to send it as its only 3 months old.

will take a long time and be expensive to post duff and receive fixed box fm china

Curious123
27th December, 2008, 12:05 AM
I have had two boxes from china and never noticed a seal of any kind.

MR-T
27th December, 2008, 09:24 PM
i guess this is a new thing they have started,and also would cost a pretty penny to send it back to china but anyway i have removed it and is now void.also cannot see anything wrong with the pc board underneath wish i knew what components that could be faulty which i could replace myself as they would only cost a couple of quid i could get them from maplins store,also remember my m8 telling me there was a site about the components to change something to do with the lan to be more stable when watching the dreambox on the pc anyone heard of this site ?

opsmonkey
27th December, 2008, 10:41 PM
id just cut my losses and sell it on fleabay as faulty.. some one will buy it

mm009b
31st December, 2008, 08:45 PM
my black box's eathernet connections fail now and then but its always down to router and modem sometimes it takes half hour to sort it
can you see yellow led in box when ethernet plugs in mate ?
also i would try flash it again mate don't give up you are getting plenty of suppor here cheer mate good luck

MR-T
2nd January, 2009, 08:16 PM
thanks m8 for ur reply,yes i can see yellow led flashing when the erthernet cable is attached,i can get all fta channnels but it stumps me cause i know the box works ok or should i say it did until i unplugged it from the wall.
will try flashing it again with a couple of new images and let you know the outcome.

MR-T
3rd January, 2009, 05:00 PM
have tried flashing the box again with 4 different images and still the same,also have managed to put the ip on it through the comminication setup and have stored it,still dcc does not recognise it even tried to ping the box but again to no avail.

mm009b
4th January, 2009, 07:28 AM
you say led flashing it should be solid mate
try factory reset after flash then try another ethernet cable sounds like router to me good luck mate where do you live im glasgow west mate

MR-T
4th January, 2009, 04:40 PM
thanks again for ur reply,1 of the yellow led stays solid while the other 1 blinks.
keeps coming up in dcc check ip addy also when i try to dl cccam all i get is no route to host,think u could be right about the router,but when i put my other blackbox on the same ethernet it comes on right away.
also i live in edinburgh south if ur on msn then pm me ur addy and we can have a chat see if u can help me with this problem.will also do another factory reset see how i get on.went into blue pane, and tried to dl cccam and all i get it coming up saying no route to host.

mm009b
4th January, 2009, 05:30 PM
defo mate sounds like ethernet then my 2 leds solid mate try straight from modem maybee ?

MR-T
4th January, 2009, 09:04 PM
managed to get the box connected after all this mucking about and it driving me nut its the lan socket on the darkbox that has been faulty all along,just need to find a replacement then i will solder it on myself thanks to all who replied with answers.

regards

MR-T

p.s anyone know where i can get a replacement erthernet socket for the rear of the blackbox

cauliflower69
5th January, 2009, 01:24 AM
I'd say your best bet is to grab a fualty one of ebay and then you have other parts for the future.