PDA

View Full Version : Sky signal meter

citygent1911
16th September, 2011, 09:08 AM
Hi,

does the signal on my photo look good enough to get a decent image?

I know this sounds like a stupid question, because I'm getting all FTA channels (unsubscribed box), but I use an Openbox S9 and its working ok for a couple of hours, then losing signal so I'm trying to decide if it's the signal strength from the dish, or the openbox tuner thats knackered. If this sky signal is a bit pants, then that may be the problem, but I was getting 70% on the openbox, which suddenly drops to 10% after a couple of hours...

http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy57/citygent1911/Shared%20videos/2011-09-16084909.jpg

smoggy
16th September, 2011, 10:16 AM
your signal quality looks on the low side to me
mine runs at about 60-70% signal and the same on quality

I take it you are running two seperate cables from your LNB and not using a splitter
try remaking all your f connectors

citygent1911
16th September, 2011, 10:36 AM
your signal quality looks on the low side to me
mine runs at about 60-70% signal and the same on quality

I take it you are running two seperate cables from your LNB and not using a splitter
try remaking all your f connectors

Hi mate, yes it's a quad lnb. The signal quality does jump occasionally to the next block up, but only every now & then. Think all connections are good as I made the cable up yesterday with new cable.

Wondering whether dish might need moving....

smoggy
16th September, 2011, 10:52 AM
dish maybe slightly out but/if you are going to try adjusting it first try flexing it slightly left/right and up/down while someone watches to see if any improvement to signal/quality

cactikid
16th September, 2011, 09:26 PM
dont forget we had a few gales lately and dish has moved too low those bars are and your sky+box is not a twin tuner as in no second feed.

alex123
27th September, 2011, 08:05 AM
your signal quality is no good you will get a few channels on a clear day ,signal quality on the sky + needs to be at least 50% of the band