PDA

View Full Version : Free antivirus

Cod3waX
16th September, 2011, 06:19 PM
go & visit a barclays branch and open up a new account say u want internet banking and when ur all signed up and veiwing your account online you will be able to download a free copy of Kapersky with email varified key

this is my second year with free kapersky and it works brilliantly

would recomened to any1

tommos43
16th September, 2011, 07:04 PM
I had that found it a resource grabber!

Cod3waX
16th September, 2011, 07:13 PM

only in the begining and + u know its working :)

tigger001
16th September, 2011, 09:26 PM
I'm useing AVG valid till 2018 , details of this antivirus software can be found in posts on DK site.

wetdog
16th September, 2011, 10:10 PM
I'm useing AVG valid till 2018 , details of this antivirus software can be found in posts on DK site.

yeah dude, thats what i was using. it seemed ok, but on the advice of a fellow member i have gone nod32, hope its as good as they say, AVG did not pick up the 3 threats nod did on a scan, who knows really??????

mick.

Fellianis Wig
16th September, 2011, 11:55 PM
yeah dude, thats what i was using. it seemed ok, but on the advice of a fellow member i have gone nod32, hope its as good as they say, AVG did not pick up the 3 threats nod did on a scan, who knows really??????

mick.

what happened to your linux love in ?

windows is like smack....

D21198071
26th September, 2011, 04:34 PM
the best one for me is Kaspersky.....love it so much....original version...Kaspersky Internet Security 2011

nightmare59
27th September, 2011, 06:23 PM
nod 32

<< ray >>

ultraplex
30th September, 2011, 10:24 PM
use microsoft internet security its free and its awsome...

mtv1
30th September, 2011, 10:28 PM
avast 6 puters no bother do a boot scan once a month bobs yer uncle and FREE ...... avast! Free Antivirus - Download Software for Virus Protection (http://www.avast.com/en-eu/free-antivirus-download)

barrowmanandrew
30th September, 2011, 10:36 PM
i use microsoft security essentials,
its free once they have made sure your copy of windows is genuine.. ;)

add to that
the odd scan with malwarebytes and spybots whenever i can be bothered....

ultraplex
30th September, 2011, 10:47 PM

add to that

see i said it was mint didn't i...........

D21198071
1st October, 2011, 09:09 AM
free antivirus good but it will be better if we use the pro one because I think the function of the free must be not full like the pro edition...especially for who usually use internet for transaction...

southpaw
1st October, 2011, 09:18 AM

add to that

Same setup as me mate. Never had any issues here. Flags up dodgy downloads and ain't resource hungry.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

D21198071
1st October, 2011, 10:06 AM
anybody have tested bitdefender....many friends tell me that bitdefender is the best one...need more review

dik
1st October, 2011, 01:14 PM

That's no good then!, nod for me, and Its free too lol

dieselenginecat
2nd October, 2011, 08:22 AM
free antivirus good but it will be better if we use the pro one because I think the function of the free must be not full like the pro edition...especially for who usually use internet for transaction...

I use the free one and using my computer to buy from ebay paid with paypal...it's safe till now....just not use credit card directly

Bann32
4th October, 2011, 10:14 PM
Depending on what browsing your doing, I was a Kaspersky fan and converted to Nod32 (that is my backup AV).

I use AntiVir (free edition), Comodo Firewall for the Sandbox option.

I have GMER and RKIll downloaded (should those rootkits get in)
for Spyware I have Spybot S & D and Malware Bytes

I install, Spyware Blaster blocks the Active X of some spyware and doesn't always need to run. and Hi Jack this to get some help if it all fails.

and if all else fails I have Hirens Boot CD and regular backup.

Only have 1 AV and Firewall running at a time. Every so often 1 week ill use a secondary AV and Malware Scanner.

You may say im paranoid, since having wiped my computer god knows how many times in last few weeks, yep I am very paranoid

My advice is an amended version of:

MajorGeeks.com - Download Freeware and Shareware Computer Utilities. (http://majorgeeks.com/page.php?id=20)

Jaffa
4th October, 2011, 10:46 PM
I have tried many many antivirus, some good, some not so good, AVG was good, Avast was very good but for free...it has got to be MSE, I use it on all my stuff now, its free and unintrusive.

Bann32
4th October, 2011, 11:03 PM
MSE is good and lightweight, Avast and AVG now have someroot kit removal features although does like most of the big names not much help against Rootkits.

There was a reason I picked AntiVir (rouge app detection IIRC)
Comodo offers file checking, HIPS Sandboxing and

FREE Comodo Internet Security 2011 Pro Download with 1 Year Registration License Key | TechnoJourney (http://technojourney.com/softwares/free-comodo-internet-security-2011-pro-download-with-1-year-registration-license-key/)

12 month fully assisted support, on the above link allthough I didnt get it from there I got it from somewhere :)

McCarthy92
5th October, 2011, 11:13 PM
Microsoft internet security is free and its very good!

jenggo500
9th October, 2011, 04:57 PM
AVG free....god for me

givenhell
9th October, 2011, 05:29 PM
sbobet is the best...

mitramas
10th October, 2011, 05:08 PM
sbobet is the best...

sbobet????? are u gambler????

I've use avira for long time

hornblower68
12th October, 2011, 09:01 AM

I too found that this antivirus ate up more of my hard drive than other's.

Blower.

lagerland
12th October, 2011, 09:32 AM
I too found that this antivirus ate up more of my hard drive than other's.

Blower.

Hello mate welcome to DK let the kaos begin..............

<<<<<<<<<<<<< avast and its free >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

taarna77
12th October, 2011, 09:44 AM
I use the Microsoft Security Essentials, but I have a couple friends that all use Avast... although one friend did get a bad copy that made their virus situation worse...

Point being, make sure what you're downloading is what you want to download!

lagerland
12th October, 2011, 01:46 PM
A bad copy just down it from the avast site job done............

afabozzi
14th October, 2011, 02:37 PM
I agree on Microsoft Security Essentials works great as a free alternative. We use kaspersky at work and it does do well but at home security essentials is all I use.