PDA

View Full Version : Are You satisfied with SWIFTEC? Inquiry

gejzaslapka
18th September, 2011, 01:18 PM
Hello Friends,

Only inquiry - are you satisfied with swiftec and their support?
There are only wonderful references in their webpages.

Many thanks for replies.
GS

Stanton
18th September, 2011, 05:14 PM
Support is second to none, Manuel is always available online and phone.
As a software it's pretty good, some nice features, 2D display is excellent. There are a few features which I prefer in OLS,
but overall it's a good buy.

Mecatech
18th September, 2011, 05:40 PM
hi. im a swiftec user too.-
software and support are very good....

i detect 2 problems......

some map files are locked with checksum dll, example ecus Me 3.83 or Me 7.5 if you need maps, you need download and pay checksum module.... for example i have mpps and CMD, both original, and these tools correct the CHK. then is studip pay checksum dll for swiftec, then i cant see the map files sended or dowloaded from vcpowerteam. at the moment, only responce was "politic of the enterprice".-
i think they need to say before download, or send map files "you need chk dll first".-
2nd point, is i detect that the chk module for me7.5.30 have issues, damged 2 ecus here, i send info for correction, and in more than 6 months never have a responce......

if i want to put a number from 1 to 10 to vcpower team, my number is "9".....
Meca

J_amb_o
19th September, 2011, 09:31 PM
How much are map packs, how detailed are they, and what's the selection like?

J

Stanton
19th September, 2011, 09:37 PM
1credit
1credit = 1euro

They are complete enough for tuning. If you need more defined, and cannot do it yourself given time/research, then they will help.
The data-base is fairly complete, but even if your ecu or software version isnt currently there, Manuel will create for you quickly.

J_amb_o
20th September, 2011, 07:11 PM
only 1 credit for each map pack? That seems very good value?

J

Stanton
20th September, 2011, 07:42 PM
Yes very good value.

J_amb_o
20th September, 2011, 09:02 PM
Stanton,

where in the UK are you? Do you run a tuning business?

J

Stanton
20th September, 2011, 10:24 PM
South Wales. Yes, www.avs-performance.co.uk (http://www.avs-performance.co.uk)

figo95
21st September, 2011, 10:34 PM
i have contact vpc to buy software and never have any response!
two friends want buy and never have response too!!

Eight
21st September, 2011, 10:50 PM
They are on vacation now, will be online soon!

Support is great, we are satisfied.

Stanton
22nd September, 2011, 10:09 AM
Yes as above, they are away...they reply to all emails very quickly.

chk
26th September, 2011, 06:36 PM
I have great interest in this software too, and communicated a few times with swiftec. I am ready to purchase the software inview of its user-friendly interface.

All I needed to know is how detail the software + its map pack (definition file) is good enough for the cars I am tuning. Unfortunately, my questions weren't taken seriously, so I might have to come here for the answers.

Most cars I am tuning here are petrol, and this is quite an opposite to what swiftec is currently capable off.

Has anyone used the software for some cars as below? Can you share what you can see in their map pack?

Peugeot 308THP petrol
BMW 318i E46 2.0L 4cyl petrol
BMW MS41/42 petrol
Mercedes C200 Kompressor W203

Thanks.

grinovsky
26th September, 2011, 06:45 PM
yes,right
all m8's speak about swiftec but not one have upload screenprint of this soft,or explain to us what he can do and what he can't
strange thread!!!

chk
26th September, 2011, 07:36 PM
Let's hope some users could help with my questions. I guess it could help anyone else also who are also investigating about this software.

Stanton
26th September, 2011, 07:52 PM
yes,right
all m8's speak about swiftec but not one have upload screenprint of this soft,or explain to us what he can do and what he can't
strange thread!!!

Because if you have genuine interest for a product, you speak to the manufacturer direct.

And it is at this point you request to USE the software via remote connection, and you can make your own first hand judgement.

Surely this is better than any ammount of screen shots or strangers opinion on an internet forum?

Sure as shit I wouldnt have spent 3000+euro on software based on what others tell me....

grinovsky
26th September, 2011, 08:26 PM
mmmmm interesting,
how can i use swiftec via remote connection?
http://i43.servimg.com/u/f43/16/03/79/30/deskto10.gif

Stanton
26th September, 2011, 08:28 PM
Is that a serious question?

If so, google Teamviewer and similar.

grinovsky
26th September, 2011, 08:35 PM
i know about Teamviewer
but i don't know who will send me his ID and PASSE to connect to his computer
http://i43.servimg.com/u/f43/16/03/79/30/swifte10.jpg

Stanton
26th September, 2011, 08:39 PM
Manuel at VCPowerteam will, when you email him about his software.

chk
26th September, 2011, 09:02 PM
I wouldn't be posting my questions here if my questions were fully answered by VCpowerteam. My last unanswered questions to them dated 28th May 2011.

Let me resend my questions to them now and see if I get a reply.

Stanton
26th September, 2011, 09:13 PM
What email address are you using?

Have you tried calling them?

Stanton
26th September, 2011, 09:18 PM
Most cars I am tuning here are petrol, and this is quite an opposite to what swiftec is currently capable off.

Explain what you mean by this and I will help you with an answer...

If you cannot define an ecu file, Manuel WILL be able to do it. Whether it is currently available from their database or not, he will create for you and put it live maybe within an hour.

Swiftec as a software isnt fuel specific.....I tune as many petrol engines using it as I do diesel.

grinovsky
26th September, 2011, 09:35 PM
this morning ,i had tuned audi A3 2.0TDI 140CV (EDC16U34) by using only winols1.721
if i tuned the same ecu with swiftec,how this soft will help me to performe my tuning?
what can swiftec find that i can't find by winols?

Stanton
26th September, 2011, 09:50 PM
What can swiftec find that i can't find by winols?

As a software, nothing.....if you spend enough time on a file, you can find what you need with many softwares.

But, How long does it take you to define an EDC16 file or an ME1.5.5 file?? etc

Today I tuned 2 Golf 1.8T's, 1 Astra VXR and a 206 1.6 HDI.

FOR ME personally, using winOLS, I would have to define each of those files individually so I would not have enough time to tune 4 cars in 1 day.

However with Swiftec, simply because of the map-packs available, I have all data there in front of me within a minute or two, so I CAN tune 4 cars in 1 day.

Its a commercial investment. Time=money.

grinovsky
26th September, 2011, 09:57 PM
it hapened for me tu desactive EGR for 2 peugeot 307 2.0HDI in one morning
can swiftec find the single that desactive egr in 2.0HDI engine(EDC15C2)?

J_amb_o
26th September, 2011, 10:03 PM
I have heard stories, which may well not be true, that the swiftech map packs can be inaccurate and not very comprehensive. I'm torn between this and winols at the moment. As Stanton says, it's a time issue. I can find maps but it takes time and I would rather spend time tuning. The olsx service for winols looks interesting. Winols is about half the price of swiftech too I think

Stanton
26th September, 2011, 10:03 PM
I dont know, ive not tried.

But commercially speaking, the money.v.time of egr disable isnt as high as full remap.....so the quickness of something like Swiftec isnt fully realised in this case.

Look at like this, this is my honest judgement....if you tune 1 or 2 cars a week....or you only work on 1 or 2 car type...then winOLS is your friend.....and you have the time to define everything yourself.

If however you do a few a day of various type, and time is tight, then Swiftec will earn you more money.

Stanton
26th September, 2011, 10:09 PM
Ive never had any innaccuracy in map packs for Swiftec....at all.

OLSx is great,but expensive from what I can see. WinOLS is 1100euro inc NO chk, Swiftec is 3000euro for std pack. Std pack includes 10 chk s.
From EVC 10 chks will cost you 1500-3000.
SO all told, price is very similar.

J_amb_o
26th September, 2011, 10:17 PM
Do you know how much olsx files are?

Stanton
26th September, 2011, 10:22 PM
IIRC start at 150euro.

This isnt 100%...try emailing Shiftech for definate price

J_amb_o
27th September, 2011, 09:42 AM
not bad, but not as good as ***8364;1!

gejzaslapka
28th September, 2011, 09:03 AM
I am legal user of swiftec too. There are thousands of posts about winols, ECM, but nothing about swiftec. some posts are on ecuc......ons.com forum but they looks like written by swiftec.
I know - it is only tool, nothing is perfect. I search comparison of most used map editing tools for beginners. In my experience, sometimes support is very fast and good, but sometimes they do'nt like question simply ignored it or whole e-mail. Last time i wait for map file over 24hr and is not complete enough.
I have no other to compare.

What about to start some "Swiftec users themselves" Thread for legal users to share daily joys and sorrows with this software.

GS

J_amb_o
29th September, 2011, 03:08 PM
I think you may as well use this thread.

New update out today, what is it like?

J

gejzaslapka
29th September, 2011, 04:21 PM
It looks like hard work :)
must test it

Eight
29th September, 2011, 06:02 PM
Today released update to 1.8.6 version. Great update!
http://www.vcpowerteam.com/news/swiftec/127/

gejzaslapka
15th October, 2011, 07:23 AM
SID 801 maps still nothing found, 3D mode still not working well with signed values, FAP remove algo for honda cr-v EDC16 ecu untouched, some new maps found in edc16 from Fiat CromaII

Has somebody other new remasks?

GS

blackpirate
2nd November, 2011, 10:14 PM
anybody can PM me with swiftech software? thnx

Roader
17th February, 2012, 01:43 AM
any new user's till now?

autotecno
17th February, 2012, 02:52 PM
Dpf remove works good with latest update ?

Eight
17th February, 2012, 06:54 PM
Works good, there is new algorithm for a lot of ecus including all edc17.

BR

ka-pa-za
18th February, 2012, 08:53 AM
Last month we changed from FGtech and Swiftec software to CMD and Winols.

Verry happy with alex and manuel service. but the price for new multiple licenses was much more expensive than what evc had to offer.

Great tools for starters who want to go from hobby to pro.
Send pm if interested.

So if you are interested in fgtech hardware and swiftec usb dongle (all running on latest update) send me a message (original vcpowertech invoice included)

T72
20th February, 2012, 07:26 PM
I am new one, but I am very happy about Swiftec and Vcpowertech suport. I can work with Winols too, but it takes more time to do the same job, like maps locating and building, axis decalibrating....

dashboardkiller
24th February, 2012, 02:32 AM
Hi at all,

I?m owner of swiftec and winols (original !)

I would like to give you my opinion of the pros and contras:

swiftec:

+ easy to use
+ asistence
+ fast development of special features
+ price

0 mappacks are ok; only in a few cases you need to search some more.

- all manually work
- no 3D edit

WinOLS:

+ all possible editing modes
+ compatible with emulator, bdm , bsl, megaprommer
+ price
+ exponential growing
+ you have to know what you want
+ copy protection modules
+ good service

- hard to learn
- depending on your own

It is a good combination have both. in the first one you buy knowletge and in the second very high advance hex editor technics.

the real potential from winols you will only get it if you really understand what you are and want to do.

regards

666grinder
24th February, 2012, 12:31 PM
Last month we changed from FGtech and Swiftec software to CMD and Winols.

Verry happy with alex and manuel service. but the price for new multiple licenses was much more expensive than what evc had to offer.

Great tools for starters who want to go from hobby to pro.
Send pm if interested.

So if you are interested in fgtech hardware and swiftec usb dongle (all running on latest update) send me a message (original vcpowertech invoice included)

You got pm! :-)

filoxio
12th May, 2012, 10:47 PM
I would be interested in the software vcpowerteam for fap, you can only get it from?? editor without having to buy the maps? how much it costs?

gejzaslapka
13th May, 2012, 07:12 AM
price of standard pack is 3000eur, you need only editor, dpf removing is included , you need to buy checksum additional module or calculate it separately by another software

GS

atomiczen
14th May, 2012, 08:53 AM
sorry i know that could be a OT, but could someone using swiftec help me in a siemens MSD80 lambda switch off?
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f173/bmw-siemens-msd80-lambda-off-271069/

Stanton
14th May, 2012, 12:50 PM
Send me the file and I will run it through Swiftec. PM me for email.

gejzaslapka
31st August, 2018, 09:59 AM
hello.... some news ?

is support going low or is it my feeling only ?

GS

rfernandes
31st August, 2018, 11:03 AM
hello.... some news ?

is support going low or is it my feeling only ?

GS
6 years pass from last post...we can read there is a good feedback on support,but someone told me that the support is almost all the time down...i read to its a good soft,i will like to hear someone with this soft to come here and says its a good for real...i want this soft but need to know if its a good investment or not

gejzaslapka
31st August, 2018, 05:17 PM
Software is good, but support was much better before few years.... (my opinion)

GS

autodiagdoctor
31st August, 2018, 08:26 PM
Software is good, but support was much better before few years.... (my opinion)

GS
Yes, I double that