PDA

View Full Version : Do you do BMW ecu/dme when adjusting mileage?

Hanukkah
19th September, 2011, 05:45 AM
Do you do BMW ecu or dme when adjusting mileage?

What equipment is used for this purpose?

Do we need to remove battery, and any special procedure when insinstalling backe dme and battery leads?

Thanks...

smartymarti
19th September, 2011, 07:39 AM
What year BMW as there are different modules to years and models ie the more recent from 2003 5 series and 2005 3 series is just cluster and cas full check clearing fault codes and the keys gobthem selves over a period of tIme, as apose the older ones which in my eyes are more of a chew on

cokolo
19th September, 2011, 08:50 AM
I think that not doing , because in the authorized service can not check odo in ECU . My best friend work in BMW service and hi don't see mileage in ecu but in X 4x4 model (530xd,330xd,...) can see old km in "reducer gear box" if you don't update software in these module .

Speedosoft
19th September, 2011, 09:06 AM
Cokolo your friend is probably not the sharpest pencil in the box. That said he might not know because he never had to deal with it before you asked him. Most BMWs (CAS fitted models) have mileage stamp in the ECU. Some of them will adapt after a few 10s or 100s of miles and some will not such as the Bosch DME modules. Simens/Continental (MSD80 or MSV85 or else MSD85L) will get the new mileage sooner or later but you don't know exactly after how many miles and days. You can do the test or ask your friend to do the following test: After you finished working on a car, clear all the fault codes, then unplug the airflow mass sensor or the fan plug and start the engine; now scan the car and enjoy the fault code details with the exact old KM/ mileage value. Any BMW FSE will find that out in a matter of seconds.

z786
19th September, 2011, 04:52 PM
Cokolo your friend is probably not the sharpest pencil in the box. That said he might not know because he never had to deal with it before you asked him. Most BMWs (CAS fitted models) have mileage stamp in the ECU. Some of them will adapt after a few 10s or 100s of miles and some will not such as the Bosch DME modules. Simens/Continental (MSD80 or MSV85 or else MSD85L) will get the new mileage sooner or later but you don't know exactly after how many miles and days. You can do the test or ask your friend to do the following test: After you finished working on a car, clear all the fault codes, then unplug the airflow mass sensor or the fan plug and start the engine; now scan the car and enjoy the fault code details with the exact old KM/ mileage value. Any BMW FSE will find that out in a matter of seconds.

sshhhhhhhh!!

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp159/daracing/Shhhhh-Icon.png

dont give them any ideas lol

cokolo
19th September, 2011, 06:23 PM

I now that you are write , I have 3 different version of eeprom in ECU with calculator km in stored .
I have BMW DIS and I can find miles in ecu but question is "Do you do BMW ecu or dme when adjusting mileage?"
Yes I do with Abritus only on new model 2005- on old model I don't do . Who is going to review car old nearly 10 years in the authorized service :)