PDA

View Full Version : Strange logs on router firewall

happy_highlander
19th September, 2011, 10:09 PM
Just been having a look at my routers firewall settings and am geting some strange logs. Apparently it has been getting ip address's at midnight on 1st of jan 1970 from DHCP server. It is getting the same ip address on sept 11 2011 and sept 14 2011 any reason why it is recording a date of 1970 ?????

lee_hdi
19th September, 2011, 10:10 PM
Did you have a power cut / electric go...and thats the default date when it first loads up?

happy_highlander
19th September, 2011, 10:32 PM
Did you have a power cut / electric go...and thats the default date when it first loads up?

Cheers buddy...I rebooted it cause it was playing up. At least the little tw@t across the road hasn't been trying to access it again.

cactikid
19th September, 2011, 11:20 PM
is there alot of this going on i wonder?

lagerland
20th September, 2011, 10:03 AM
Cheers buddy...I rebooted it cause it was playing up. At least the little tw@t across the road hasn't been trying to access it again.

Turn on mac filtering hh that will stop the little fcuker.................

happy_highlander
20th September, 2011, 06:18 PM
Turn on mac filtering hh that will stop the little fcuker.................

I did consider it but if the missus has mates or family in who want to connect she won't know how to allow them access and I'd like to see the little moron try and get passed the 2 passwords that are on it now and the blond daughter does not know them which is the most likely way the moron got it the first time