PDA

View Full Version : emails on galaxy s

tamgunner
20th September, 2011, 08:41 AM
hi guys been having a look about on the android market for a decent email app that will only display your new emails messages instead of loading all or old emails.

i know iphone email app was good for it but the default app on the galaxy s loads every email i have and its annoying having to delete them all the time.

Canker_Canison
20th September, 2011, 11:03 AM
If you don't delete them you will end up with no space on the server for new emails.

Granted it won't happen for quite a while, but you'll be seriously sick when it happens.

happy_highlander
20th September, 2011, 06:09 PM
hi guys been having a look about on the android market for a decent email app that will only display your new emails messages instead of loading all or old emails.

i know iphone email app was good for it but the default app on the galaxy s loads every email i have and its annoying having to delete them all the time.

It is the way you have set it up. I have a galaxy s and am using the email app that came with the phone and am using my outlook express email on it.I only get my new emails. If you remember what I told you when you were setting it up with your pc account as pop 3 and your phone account as imap. You need to delete all the messages on your server. You may now need to delete the phone account and set it up again

tamgunner
21st September, 2011, 03:20 PM
yea i tried that but all the emails i have in my outlook express came through on my phone as well

burro08
18th October, 2011, 11:38 PM
Set ur pc email etc and phone to imap should fix it

happy_highlander
19th October, 2011, 08:38 AM
Set ur pc email etc and phone to imap should fix it

You are almost right,,,, if you set both pc and phone to imap you end up with multiple emails. It is better to set pc to pop and phone to imap that way there is no conflict, you just have to remember to delete the old emails of the server before setting up phone or the new account will retrieve them all as new messages

burro08
19th October, 2011, 02:08 PM
lol true i ballsed up there