PDA

View Full Version : tacho universal 2008

gadroulll
20th September, 2011, 09:23 PM
i have bought one but i can not read from punto 2000 processor 908 .
also after 2 tries it stuck working and do nothing.

after a while it start smoking.

i get out the lcd and it was burning.

if one wants to order a blue one he can chose from ebay just to look in datasheet to be 128x64 with cs1 cs2.

can someone suggest a clone tachometer that is working ok ?

i do not want to do it professional but i would like to do cars with 908 and 9s12 processors

Dumper
20th September, 2011, 09:46 PM
I think there is some different types of displayes but Im not 100% sure. Are you sure you have right power supply? How many ampere IN?

gadroulll
20th September, 2011, 10:48 PM
i have connected to 12.2v and 1 ampere stabilized .

its not from power supply.

i never manage to read 912 and 908 processor.
always problems
it read only 93c46 and memories like them

BigJ
20th September, 2011, 11:44 PM
:roflmao:
"after a while it start smoking.":smokin:
next thing you know:

:canabis: and then::cheers:

and

:celticparty::party :

Damn Tacho Universal's!!

Keep them away from your daughters!!!

(Sorry, couldn't resist that!)

BigJ
21st September, 2011, 12:03 AM
i have bought one but i can not read from punto 2000 processor 908 .
also after 2 tries it stuck working and do nothing.

after a while it start smoking.

i get out the lcd and it was burning.

if one wants to order a blue one he can chose from ebay just to look in datasheet to be 128x64 with cs1 cs2.

can someone suggest a clone tachometer that is working ok ?

i do not want to do it professional but i would like to do cars with 908 and 9s12 processors

Seriously, the blue screen ones seem to have a few issues with the displays themselves (in my experience). Pixels vanish, text gets jumbled up etc.
My 3 year old, very well used Tacho Universal recently finally died on me:bawling:, and it's replacment just doesn't seem to work as well. All the time using the TU, i found no hassles with serial eeproms (24cxx, 93cxx, 950xx.) Even very few issues with M35080. It did pretty much everything they claimed it could do. Except:
NEC chips: Never once worked. 908 etc: Sometimes ok, sometimes nothing. 9S12: Did not work in the beginning but a new replacment dongle and no problems after that. I bought all my original Tacho Universal stuff (repair kits, replacment cables, dongles, etc) from FJE Tech every time but they have long since dissapeared off the web. Your next best bet would be ecu tool I suppose.

Moving on though, you should look at getting something like a Digimaster 2, then together with a Tacho Universal, you are pretty much covered.

J:)

Dumper
21st September, 2011, 12:33 AM
Be aware... I read lot of negative about ecu tools these days:(.

I mean the power supply maby did the chimney problem... I have one T U, works like a charm and Ive done like 150 cars with it. only problem is "sync problem" but its easy to solve with the repair kit:) just a littlebit annoying when it happens on a OBD job at some garage 9000 miles away from your home:(..

BigJ
21st September, 2011, 01:50 PM
Be aware... I read lot of negative about ecu tools these days:(.

I mean the power supply maby did the chimney problem... I have one T U, works like a charm and Ive done like 150 cars with it. only problem is "sync problem" but its easy to solve with the repair kit:) just a littlebit annoying when it happens on a OBD job at some garage 9000 miles away from your home:(..

Here's a trick with the sync problem:

Take the 24c02 eeprom's from old sd ram cards from old pc's.

Keep them with your TU.
When Sync error pops up, just remove the old 24c02 from the TU's CPU board, and solder the sd ram's 24c02 in it's place.
You don't need to program them or nothing. They work as is. Just like that.
No need to spend anything on repair kit.

:):)

gadroulll
21st September, 2011, 09:15 PM
the tu cpu board programs the memory?

does anyone where to buy repair working kit for my tu?

Dumper
21st September, 2011, 11:51 PM
the tu cpu board programs the memory?

does anyone where to buy repair working kit for my tu?

You chinese dealer have this

Air
31st October, 2011, 01:41 PM
Here's a trick with the sync problem:

Take the 24c02 eeprom's from old sd ram cards from old pc's.

Keep them with your TU.
When Sync error pops up, just remove the old 24c02 from the TU's CPU board, and solder the sd ram's 24c02 in it's place.
You don't need to program them or nothing. They work as is. Just like that.
No need to spend anything on repair kit.

:):)
Hi!
I met with Sync ???? problem. Can you explain in detailed please. I need remove the old 24c02 then put new in its place, right? Can I use 24c02 from old SD RAM PC's or just from elsewhere? The 24c02 should be cleard (with FF) or what? Please explain me more datailed. Thanks in advance

miha99
31st October, 2011, 07:59 PM
Rather buy Willemm programmer for 30usd and use this files from DK.I solve sync problem on 10 unitacho and always In the first attempt!

Air
31st October, 2011, 10:37 PM
Rather buy Willemm programmer for 30usd and use this files from DK.I solve sync problem on 10 unitacho and always In the first attempt!
Thanks. I unziped your file but I really can not open the file inside. What the program you use to see this file?

miha99
2nd November, 2011, 10:55 PM
There is nothing to open, you need to write this dumps to an eeprom and both flashs and the cheapest solution is willemm programmer with plcc adapter on board.

Air
3rd November, 2011, 04:31 AM
There is nothing to open, you need to write this dumps to an eeprom and both flashs and the cheapest solution is willemm programmer with plcc adapter on board.

Hey, my friend, It's to much for dump size(616,624). That's why I asked you about file format. Please check it again. Thanks

Air
3rd November, 2011, 04:37 AM
Hey, my friend, It's to much for dump size(616,624). That's why I asked you about file format. Please check it again. Thanks
OK, I've got it. Sorry for that. Never mind. Thanks