PDA

View Full Version : Bmw E65 dash

tictach
20th September, 2011, 10:58 PM
Did today a e65 bmw . The lcd display was half striped with pixles . What can be wrong ?

1rst pic is with car reving ,
2nd pic is when car is in 1step ignition without lights on .
3rd pic car turned of without key i fob.

reg Tictach

Thanx to all.

tachonow
20th September, 2011, 11:04 PM
Did today a e65 bmw . The lcd display was half striped with pixles . What can be wrong ?
Pic is comming .
reg Tictach
Check plastic ribbon from lcd.

ledojo
20th September, 2011, 11:05 PM
Could be the 'cushioned' contacts (not sure what they're actually called)... Those things are known to not make full contact. They're like this rubber with conductive contacts along the length. You could try to apply more pressure or use some conductive paste at each point (just a tiny dot though).

ledojo
20th September, 2011, 11:06 PM
Check plastic ribbon from lcd.

oops, was i talking about the wrong dash?

lee_hdi
20th September, 2011, 11:10 PM
Can get pixel repair kits off eBay or your chinese supplier for pretty cheap

Dumper
21st September, 2011, 12:44 AM
This display I dont think there is pixel repair for.. Its often the ribbon.. sometimes when you put back screen you do not fit it right. try to put back cluster without front plastic and see if its good... if not its easier to see whats wrong without plastic by moving around screen gently...

Hanukkah
21st September, 2011, 02:02 AM
Could be the 'cushioned' contacts (not sure what they're actually called)... Those things are known to not make full contact. They're like this rubber with conductive contacts along the length. You could try to apply more pressure or use some conductive paste at each point (just a tiny dot though).

The rubber contacts are called LCD elastomer(s)

ledojo
21st September, 2011, 06:15 AM
The rubber contacts are called LCD elastomer(s)

Good bit of info but not very descriptive of their conductivity...

Either way, I couldnt find any notes I made on these clusters--Am I mistaken? Doesnt this cluster have those elastomers along the bottom?

Dumper
21st September, 2011, 11:16 AM
Contact look like this on e65/6 clusters...

EDIT: maby Im wrong? (I just was thinking about maby this is the contact to the other board (2 boards on this I think) Long time ago work with this type..

tictach
21st September, 2011, 05:56 PM
Contact look like this on e65/6 clusters...

EDIT: maby Im wrong? (I just was thinking about maby this is the contact to the other board (2 boards on this I think) Long time ago work with this type..

Hi . yes these 2 connctors is to the other board (First,black) with warning lights on .

reg Tictach