PDA

View Full Version : Golf 3 Rev Limiter Remove

ascotauto
21st September, 2011, 01:28 PM
Hi guys i need help please. I have a customer who fitted a performance cam and now finds a problem with the revs being limited to 5000rpm. I said i would enquire about removing it as i know a little about dumps etc so now i come to the professionals. The ecu is siemans not bosch as they usually are. No on it is Siemans 5WP4A from my understanding its a cabriolet and the enginge code is ADY being 2L according to the internet. There is a big metal enclosure on ecu and i understand this is for interference below this i see a eeprom AM27co10 which i am assuming is the main fuelling eeprom. Is there anyone out there that can assist me in modifying it to suit this guys needs or am i over my head here? Also is the chip i assume to be holding rev limiter info in correct. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated. i have attached the pics i took to help simplify things and i can remove eeprom and dump if need be. Thanks in advance to all who contribute or assist.

oldford
21st September, 2011, 01:38 PM
With a performance cam you would need a full remap, not just a rev limit change. Petrol cars standard have a higher rev limit set than 5000, so that's not the problem here.

ascotauto
21st September, 2011, 01:47 PM
So you saying the way i want to attempt is incorrect? How would i go about doing this ? I am limited on equipment in the tuning world and went under the assumption that i would just need to rework the dump. He is not really worried about blowing the engine with no rev limiter as he claim " he is the only driver ha ha " he just wants it to go a little more when he gives i think

oldford
21st September, 2011, 04:14 PM
Yes. The car needs to be mapped by somebody who knows what he is doing on a rolling road or engine test bench. And then hope the car will still comply with any laws regarding exhaust emissions.

Ask the owner what the rpm limit was before he installed the camshaft. That's what it still is today.
Have you read fault codes? Maybe the ecu is in limp home mode.

markovojvodic
21st September, 2011, 09:49 PM
one remark,

i think 5000 rpm isnt ok for this car correct if i am wrong?

i had same problem 2 years ago on golf 3 gti and i replaced camshaft regulator and then i got normal RPM limit and i could move it to upper limits

ascotauto
22nd September, 2011, 07:29 AM
there is no cam sensor fitted to this vehicle everything gets controlled via hall sensor in dizzy and this is the 3rd one in the car already. thank you oldford for the response on the emission side it slipped my mind where i live they guys dont give 2 hoots neither does the law. Most important here is that i do. Oh and customer says rev was always 5000rpm. Only faults is from a busted throttle body that clicks to show he is there but not alive and kicking.

ecufix
22nd September, 2011, 08:08 PM
Fit a vernier sprocket , let a good makky adjust it for you .

alex77vl
18th June, 2012, 09:43 AM
hello ,

Recently i replaced a engine from a golf iii ady with a engine 2e.Now i must know if i must change the ecu or if i can programe old ecu from ady with 2e