PDA

View Full Version : Swype

ipse
21st September, 2011, 03:37 PM
Hi all,

Anyone here have experience with Swype? (Swype | Type Fast, Swype Faster (http://www.swype.com/))
How stable is it?

happy_highlander
21st September, 2011, 09:38 PM
Hi all,

Anyone here have experience with Swype? (Swype | Type Fast, Swype Faster (http://www.swype.com/))
How stable is it?

Use it all the time.Have never used normal text since. It takes a bit of getting used to but once you get it it is excellent

Lyrrad
22nd September, 2011, 08:06 PM
Use it all the time.Have never used normal text since. It takes a bit of getting used to but once you get it it is excellent

I used Swype for about 3 months and after a while I found I was spending too much time correcting things. I also found it poor when entering passwords etc as it always left a trailing space or a leading space ( I could never quite figure it out properly).

My keyboard of choice now is Swiftkey. The predictive words part of it is second to none. I would recommend giving it a try, it was a breath of fresh air to me after Swype.

happy_highlander
22nd September, 2011, 08:34 PM
I used Swype for about 3 months and after a while I found I was spending too much time correcting things. I also found it poor when entering passwords etc as it always left a trailing space or a leading space ( I could never quite figure it out properly).

My keyboard of choice now is Swiftkey. The predictive words part of it is second to none. I would recommend giving it a try, it was a breath of fresh air to me after Swype.

A lot of folk have had a problem with passwords but I have to admit it's something that has never effected me, but I don't enter passwords in the normal swype way, I just use it as a normal qwerty keyboard

Canker_Canison
23rd September, 2011, 02:30 PM
I've been using swype for a while now. As with HH, I tried it & never went back.

I've not had a problem with passwords either. I've also noticed the predictive text doesn't work for password fields. Which I see as a good thing.

The only problem I've really had has been with 'ben', that must be one seriously popular kid.
Every time I try to swype 'been', this ~~~~ing 'ben' kid keeps popping up.
Solved it with a swirl inside the 'e'

~~~~ing b'stard buggers... Now it's 'hess' instead of he's. Other than Rudolphs relatives, who needs hess in the dictionary?

happy_highlander
23rd September, 2011, 06:02 PM
I've been using swype for a while now. As with HH, I tried it & never went back.

I've not had a problem with passwords either. I've also noticed the predictive text doesn't work for password fields. Which I see as a good thing.

The only problem I've really had has been with 'ben', that must be one seriously popular kid.
Every time I try to swype 'been', this ~~~~ing 'ben' kid keeps popping up.
Solved it with a swirl inside the 'e'

~~~~ing b'stard buggers... Now it's 'hess' instead of he's. Other than Rudolphs relatives, who needs hess in the dictionary?

Pmsl at he's just don't forget to take a divertion to the ' between the e and the s

Lyrrad
24th September, 2011, 08:23 PM
Isn't it possible to remove any word from Swype dictionary or does that only apply to added words

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk