PDA

View Full Version : Thor on 6900

eldobkram
27th December, 2008, 11:06 AM
Hi all, I feel like a bit of a nob starting this one. I have used my old Manhattan non HD receiver and a screen in the garden to align my dish and I receive all the sats I need 28.2, 19.2, 16, 13, East plus 1 degree West with high quality ratings. Leaving the dish facing 1 degree west I then connect the cable to my new Technomate 6900 but it indicates low signal and very low quality. I've tried everyhing I know but I can't get either Thor or 28.2 on the new one although they're fine on the Manhattan. Any ideas guys?

benny/9
27th December, 2008, 11:25 AM
Hi all, I feel like a bit of a nob starting this one. I have used my old Manhattan non HD receiver and a screen in the garden to align my dish and I receive all the sats I need 28.2, 19.2, 16, 13, East plus 1 degree West with high quality ratings. Leaving the dish facing 1 degree west I then connect the cable to my new Technomate 6900 but it indicates low signal and very low quality. I've tried everyhing I know but I can't get either Thor or 28.2 on the new one although they're fine on the Manhattan. Any ideas guys?
i take it all your cables are correctly fitted and tight
and your lnb cable is connected to lnb in and not the loop port
and if your useing a motor on the dish
also check the lnb settings in the receiver menu. turn on and on
the remote press>menu>satellite set up>ok then check
lnb power>on
lnbtype> universal
lnb freq> 9.750 / 10.600
22 khz> auto
disec 1.0 off
diseqc 1.1 off

eldobkram
27th December, 2008, 01:49 PM
Thanks m8. The 6900 does receive the others like astra and hotbird just not Thor and Astra 28.2. I will check the lnb setting for these satellites as you say, it might be trying to read from a different lnb. thanks, I'll let you know.

benny/9
27th December, 2008, 04:21 PM
Thanks m8. The 6900 does receive the others like astra and hotbird just not Thor and Astra 28.2. I will check the lnb setting for these satellites as you say, it might be trying to read from a different lnb. thanks, I'll let you know.
just anouther thought there are lots of dead transponders
on most satellites, have you tried flicking through the chns
to see if the signal appears

.: JaCkPoT :.
28th December, 2008, 01:42 AM
Make sure the usals setting are the same on the tm as the manhatton..

Curious123
28th December, 2008, 01:47 AM
I am a dreamboxes owner so this is totally off the wall but on the dreamboxes now we have to amend the sat config from 28.2 to 28.4 and 1.0W to 0.8W to get the sats so is there something similar for the technomates?

eldobkram
10th March, 2009, 01:47 PM
Well thanks everybody for all your suggestions. I've tried each at least ten times. This is as far as I've got. If I leave the Thor 1 degree west set to any TP up to 28 (These of course, are all the football channels!) I get no quality on the signal bar. On majority of TPs above this I get strong signal, still set to the same Thor satellite.

Any more ideas how I can get the others?

eldobkram
10th March, 2009, 02:17 PM
....and my dish is only 80cm but I'm in southern England, is it too small?

.: JaCkPoT :.
10th March, 2009, 05:20 PM
Nope..perfect size..
Do you receive any other west satellites?
Another suggestion..plug main input in to mh and use the loop out to tm, make sure the mh is on standby and check for signal..