PDA

View Full Version : No More Nails self-adheisive strips

ChelseaBun
22nd September, 2011, 05:18 PM
we just got new baby gates (the cutest ones ever!:p) but they need to be screwed into the wall.

We can't do that as we don't exactly want to have holes in our door frames once we no longer need them, so we're going to use self asheisive strips instead.

Can you remove the permanent strips or will i need to get the removeable ones?

The wee man in the hardware store has ordered me the removable ones for tomorrow, but now im worrying they wont be strong enough lol

darcu5
22nd September, 2011, 06:05 PM
imo it would be easier to fill a few screw holes with decorators chalk then trying to remove adhesive strip, and whilst they are held up with screws you know they are secure; wouldnt want the little un pulling gate onto themselves

wetdog
22nd September, 2011, 07:39 PM
screw'em in chuck.

safe, and easily remedied when finished.

mick.

ChelseaBun
22nd September, 2011, 08:51 PM
i'm not strong enough to screw nails in through the doorframe :( :/

stupid, weird austrian baby gates! lol

gmb45
22nd September, 2011, 08:57 PM
i'm not strong enough to screw nails in through the doorframe :( :/

stupid, weird austrian baby gates! lol

screw nails in :hmmmm: ya hammer nails in cb lol, to make it easier to screw screws in ya drill a pilot hole first with a drill bit a bit thinner than the screw, makes it a lot easier to put the screw in, dont use a drill bit the same size as the screw or the screw wont hold. :)

Bulld0g
22nd September, 2011, 08:59 PM
Screw nails :roflmao: you three pair off and spread out in a bunch indian file lol sorry CB ;)

ChelseaBun
22nd September, 2011, 09:05 PM
lol ~~~~ that, they're getting sent back

ChelseaBun
22nd September, 2011, 09:11 PM
lol just got what i said wrong haha.

oh dear, i have an excuse but... i'm drunk :p (or blonde...take what one you want to use ;))

true grit
22nd September, 2011, 09:14 PM
Make your lad buy you an electric screwdriver or get a handyman in.

I'm pretty cheap

:)

cactikid
22nd September, 2011, 09:46 PM
last time i said a woman cant screw lol,if they did not have to be concealed i would have said use hexagonal head and then you use a spanner or socket to tighten.