PDA

View Full Version : Question for Vw gearbox experts

alessioblaupunkt
23rd September, 2011, 01:25 PM
Hi, please tell me if CCK gearbox 65/16 could be replaced with DCE gearbox 64/15.

These are the cars:
Vw Golf III year 1992 1H1 with ABD engine with CCK gearbox
Seat Ibiza year 1997 6K0 with AER engine with DCE gearbox

Engine data:
ABD 1.4 60hp
AER 1.0 50hp

Gearboxes code:
CCK 5 manual, code 085300044LX
DCE 5 manual, code 085300050D

This is not a "try and tell", it is a "buy the DCE, keep the DCE at home, wait untill the CCK have some serious problem, fit the DCE"

Outside they looks the same, but will DCE fit in ABD engine?

Thank you!

Mrubbert
23rd September, 2011, 07:40 PM
No clever answer like ask dealer, they just look at numbers or if they can look if output ratio is same.
Wait to buy untill you have take out original one.

Had a other one with standard 5th gear problem, the one with plate on side of gearbox (dont need to remove gearbox to change 5th gear), so it just looked same outside so i just took the 5th gear and put in my car, hehehe, I got same speed in 4th gear and 5th gear, 5mm diff in diameter. found correct next time :)

alessioblaupunkt
23rd September, 2011, 07:57 PM
Please someone could explain what these ratios represents?
65/16
64/15

I looked on vagcat.com and found that outside they are equal.

But I suspect I need a 65/16 gearbox, as my original...

My father want to change the CCK because it's having problem with 1st, 2nd and reverse gear, sometimes even 3rd.
To be truth I might admit the CCK in my 1992 Golf was very bad since the first day.
We changed the oil two years ago but the problems in 1st, 2nd and reverse, sometimes even 3rd remains.
We have done 230000 km with this gearbox...

I never knew why my father didn't resend the car back to the customer the day after he purchased the car, if I was me, I've done it.