PDA

View Full Version : update fail on gof3

mickydibble
23rd September, 2011, 05:12 PM
hi guys update fail on flashed xbox360 after putting new gears of war 3 game in,it wanted to do a system update so said yes and failed half way through now i cant get passed this or avoid it or come out of it?? help please get error code below

3080-335A-B800-0402-C000-016B see pic

thanks micky

smirnoff_rules
23rd September, 2011, 05:17 PM
can u go into settings and delete the failed update

mickydibble
23rd September, 2011, 05:25 PM
can u go into settings and delete the failed update

anytime i turn on it just starts the update again Smirnoff,thanks for reply

cunny
23rd September, 2011, 07:47 PM
By anychance is your drive spoofed?

TheDOG
23rd September, 2011, 09:06 PM
hi guys update fail on flashed xbox360 after putting new gears of war 3 game in,it wanted to do a system update so said yes and failed half way through now i cant get passed this or avoid it or come out of it?? help please get error code below

3080-335A-B800-0402-C000-016B see pic

thanks micky

what dashboard version are you on

cunny
23rd September, 2011, 09:19 PM
Spoofed drives get this error or a similar. I think a return to stock, run update will clear fault

People should be returning to stock before any dash update. Do not run updates from backups also

smirnoff_rules
23rd September, 2011, 10:02 PM
Son in law ran an update from driver the other day and it was fine on a flashed box ? Not sure wot drive was in it but didn't want to update on live only from disc ?

mickydibble
23rd September, 2011, 10:05 PM
Not a clue whether spoofed? Or what dashboard version..just know probably the last update was this and the dash before was for kinect adventures...plus I didn't flash this but know I'm on ixtreme 1.51 or above not sure now ?so I don't have any stock fw. Cheers Micky

cunny
23rd September, 2011, 10:14 PM
That could be the problem, return it to stock then update again

cunny
23rd September, 2011, 10:18 PM
Son in law ran an update from driver the other day and it was fine on a flashed box ? Not sure wot drive was in it but didn't want to update on live only from disc ?

I think it could be down to age of fw installed also. Since the last major banwave, its been advised to return all drives to stock before a console(dash) update.

In the latest updates spoofed drives are alse detected

TheDOG
23rd September, 2011, 10:20 PM
Not a clue whether spoofed? Or what dashboard version..just know probably the last update was this and the dash before was for kinect adventures...plus I didn't flash this but know I'm on ixtreme 1.51 or above not sure now ?so I don't have any stock fw. Cheers Micky

mickydibble,have you got the drive key,OFW,what makes your drive,cunny could help you better than me

mickydibble
23rd September, 2011, 10:43 PM

This is an already banned xbox from live, but never had a problem with other games or updates till now with gears 3, was going to sat they the controller is a wired one? Probs means nothin but hey o. Cheers

mickydibble
23rd September, 2011, 10:49 PM
~~~~ me it's either give him mine or get it re-done, bummer!

frickerd
23rd September, 2011, 11:12 PM
This is due to your xbox not being LT1.91 firmware and not running the latest dashbord,

One of a few fixes are as follows

download the 13146 dash board from here Xbox 360 Dashboard Update 2.0.13146.0 Download [Final Version with Avatars] (http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/xbox-360-content/dashboard-updates/8489-xbox-360-dashboard-update-2-0-13146-0-download-final-version-avatars.html)
unzip it and put the folder on to a usb stick then place the usb in you xbox and turn it on this should update fix the update loop,
now you want to install the latest dash 13599 do the same again but using this update instead
http://www.xbox.com/system-update-usb
once all this is done you will then need to reflash your drive to 1.91 Lt as it would have been flash back into its original state
but your xbox will need to be reflashed if you want to play backup games

mickydibble
24th September, 2011, 12:56 PM
This is due to your xbox not being LT1.91 firmware and not running the latest dashbord,

download the 13146 dash board from here Xbox 360 Dashboard Update 2.0.13146.0 Download [Final Version with Avatars] (http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/xbox-360-content/dashboard-updates/8489-xbox-360-dashboard-update-2-0-13146-0-download-final-version-avatars.html)
unzip it and put the folder on to a usb stick then place the usb in you xbox and turn it on this should update fix the update loop,
now you want to install the latest dash 13599 do the same again but using this update instead
once all this is done you will then need to reflash your drive to 1.91 Lt as it would have been flash back into its original state

thanks for answer,can i just use the first one just to get out of the loop,and then just play the other games as before because this my young sons and just wanted to have a look at gow3,but he doesn't play these just his older ones

frickerd
26th September, 2011, 10:16 PM
you will have to reflash it regardless as the 1st update will flash your drive back to stock

smirnoff_rules
26th September, 2011, 10:29 PM
think l will cut a hole out of my xbox its been apart 10 times this year lol and l bet there will be another update every month till xmas

dragazar
21st December, 2011, 02:12 AM
i had this error, download SystemUpdate_13599_usb from google

mickydibble
28th December, 2011, 04:04 PM

i tried both updates in order and niether worked,any help please just getting :

cant update your console.please visit xbox.com

status code: 3080-335a-b800-0402-c000-016b

help please thanks micky

cunny
28th December, 2011, 04:09 PM
Are you trying it from a usb flash?

mickydibble
28th December, 2011, 04:37 PM
fixed it by doing this :)

xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-C000-016B

xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-C005-3002
Your console had a problem during the update process. Carefully, follow these step-by-step instructions:

1.Eject the disc tray and remove any disc from the console.
Important Do not close the disc tray. Leave it open.
2.With the disc tray open, remove the power cord from the back of the console.
3.Gently push the disc tray about half-way back into the console.
4.Plug the power cord back into the console.
5.Push the power button on the console. The tray should close the rest of the way, then the console should restart and display the Xbox Dashboard.
Important Do not use the controller button or the disc tray eject button to turn on the console for this step.
6.Try updating your console software again

mickydibble
28th December, 2011, 04:52 PM
but now no backup games :(((( anyone near burnley,lancashire flash with new 3.0 lt fw? cheers micky

howy77
28th December, 2011, 06:48 PM
hi mickey i know someone who flashes them in nelson charges ?30 i think pm me if you want the address

cheers wayne