PDA

View Full Version : problem read renault scenic car with x431

petranzaf
25th September, 2011, 03:50 PM
hello i tried many times to read the scenic-megane car with the x431 unsuccessful
.i use the can bus 2 & obd II-16c adapters but nothing !
i can read other cars but not this one!
My software include this model but it can not connect with the ecu.
It display the message that maybe have the wrong adapter,key of the car closed etc.
the official renault dealer access easily with his software so its not cars adapter problem.
its problem of my x431 with this car!
Please can you help me find what it goes wrong? thanks

miha99
27th September, 2011, 08:46 PM
Some older softwares have a problem with this cars, do you use latest update?

eduardo74
27th September, 2011, 10:15 PM
if your is orginal = no problem

petranzaf
27th September, 2011, 10:19 PM
yes i have the latest update and i have the original x431
but as i saw in video on youtoube you must hold pressing the start-stop button at list 10 sec to open an then read with the x431 .i was just press it once .
may this is a diference?

turbo1
29th September, 2011, 07:56 PM
do you by any chance have a mate with a super 16 adapter ? if so try it ,if you have the latest software you should be able to read those cars then .i have had lots of trouble with Renault in the past with launch ,i believe their obd protocols were not supported properly by the can bus 2 adapter .it would be a good idea all round to invest in a super sixteen adapter anyway ,it will give you virtually the same functionality as the newer launch masters ,as they only have a super16 built into the smartbox ,which is what sets them apart from the older X431 ,as well as other cosmetic changes obviously .

best of luck