PDA

View Full Version : POLL _ WHICH IS THE BEST IMAGE FOR DM800SE SIM210

alom5
26th September, 2011, 10:51 PM
there has been a lot of questions regrds the best image and i've had a few people ask also. a number of people have the se now and a lot more are getting it by the day.

i'd like to ask everybody out there using the SE..........what is the best image? please vote for an image if you have used it extensively and can honestly recommend as the best you have tried.

admin/mods.....please can you make this thread into a poll!
thanks.

my best image so far is MYBACKUP - which is posted in the downloads section i have crossepg, picons, oled picons, permanent timeshift, cccaminfo, tspanel all running and no random crashes or freezes.:party:

Have had it running for nearly 4 months and still running great

satsmo
26th September, 2011, 11:16 PM
thanks.

Done I kept it to eight but can add more.

alom5
26th September, 2011, 11:20 PM
thank you very much satsmo.

obviously there's a lot more and different verions. if there is a particular version anyone likes please just add a line on the thread telling us the version and whats so good about this version.

nice 1

should help alot....me especially :hmmmm2:

wingunners
27th September, 2011, 12:28 AM
ramimaher's own image using v18 right now but a very good image. customisation top notch with configurable interface information.. easy to configure as well.. picons and everything just point to folder. easy access to basic stuff using blue panel. most complete image and i have used newnigma 2 and openpli newnigma2 is decent openpli for some reason doesnt feel that well madee.. i think if ramimaher concentrated solely on his image its would beat all out there.. it does what others do and more!

mtv1
27th September, 2011, 12:32 AM
tbh i dunno i use dreamelite does the lot if it ain't broken don't fix it ;)

billy2
27th September, 2011, 01:41 AM
also using dreamelite (DREAM ELITE V.133DV3 PHOENIX EDITION) and woking well

lombard
27th September, 2011, 08:44 AM
also using dreamelite (DREAM ELITE V.133DV3 PHOENIX EDITION) and woking well

you using that on a dm800se ?

billy2
27th September, 2011, 09:30 AM
sorry m8 asleep when i replyed to that , no using it on the 800hd and not the se

southpaw
27th September, 2011, 12:21 PM
what no "4ReacktX" ?
garry wont be happy lol

alom5
27th September, 2011, 12:38 PM
I did sugest it but, In satsmo's words it's an image full of errors.
I think gary has found that out also...he is trying out new images again lol

southpaw
27th September, 2011, 01:14 PM
I did sugest it but, In satsmo's words it's an image full of errors.
I think gary has found that out also...he is trying out new images again lol

he spent more time setting that se up than he has enjoying it lol , all part of the fun tho ay

alom5
27th September, 2011, 04:22 PM
he spent more time setting that se up than he has enjoying it lol , all part of the fun tho ay

lol true ...and he got very frustrated too.

hopefully he's sorted now. what image r u using southpaw?

southpaw
27th September, 2011, 04:50 PM
lol true ...and he got very frustrated too.

hopefully he's sorted now. what image r u using southpaw?

put pli on today mate , seems really good , good epg , very minimal looking skin and good performance , not 100% happy tho (shittt, i am turning into Garry lol)
however i may go back to that ihad gemini one , only issue i had with it was setting up network shares to stream my mvb files , however i have discovered if an image dont have the "network browser" you can load it from gemini panel and use it to navigate to a shared folder which then auto mounts it .

mickm1
27th September, 2011, 09:58 PM
what no "4ReacktX" ?
garry wont be happy lol

:)... currently using this image myself and must say its very good.. Had Newnigma and ive voted for that cos its the best of the ones on the Poll.. IMO of course:)

dctyper
27th September, 2011, 10:05 PM
nabilosat?????????????????

dc

satsmo
28th September, 2011, 12:21 AM
:)... currently using this image myself and must say its very good.. Had Newnigma and ive voted for that cos its the best of the ones on the Poll.. IMO of course:)

Sorry but 10 is as far as the poll will go.

nabilosat?????????????????

dc

DM800SE????????????????

alom5
28th September, 2011, 02:03 AM
put pli on today mate , seems really good , good epg , very minimal looking skin and good performance , not 100% happy tho (shittt, i am turning into Garry lol)
however i may go back to that ihad gemini one , only issue i had with it was setting up network shares to stream my mvb files , however i have discovered if an image dont have the "network browser" you can load it from gemini panel and use it to navigate to a shared folder which then auto mounts it .

i'm on pli now as well....my box come with the hardware failure after a restart....i think it done the update as i forgot to turn that off......but my problem was reflashing the backup i made with barry a;;en....it kept giving me the ca error. ~~~~~in well peed off as had to go somewhere and didn't want leave box off.

long story but i thought i'd give pli anothr chance as heard it supposed to be the dogggies.... lol we shall see.

just got back and gona see if i can get everything working...

dctyper
28th September, 2011, 08:43 AM
Sorry but 10 is as far as the poll will go.

DM800SE????????????????

sorry lol

dc

alom5
28th September, 2011, 03:30 PM
got everything on now and working on pli. skin is very basic( may install different one...see ho it goes 1st, but performing good at the moment).

i still cant figure out how i got the hardware failure error - contact dream...

southpaw
28th September, 2011, 04:47 PM
You got picons on oled alom?

alom5
28th September, 2011, 05:21 PM
You got picons on oled alom?

yeah...i got picons on the oled mate. but it froze on the menu while the channels still going ...so i changed over to the new newnigma ssl84.by sat4fun...link on the sticky. plugins are working such as mytube etc...

for oled picons on pli...you gota have them in folder called /picon

if you stick the picons i uploaded on http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/dm800se-clone-best-image-226997/index8.html

into the picon folder...that should sort it out.

mast
28th September, 2011, 09:26 PM
got everything on now and working on pli. skin is very basic( may install different one...see ho it goes 1st, but performing good at the moment).

i still cant figure out how i got the hardware failure error - contact dream...

Hi

I got that over the weekend when by accident I did the firmware upgrade, did you do that too and do you know if that can be switched off.

I was getting same message as you and tuner was not recognised and showing empty possibly due to drivers being updated during the firmware update.

Why do when people make patched images leave this option on when patched images are only for clones....just wondering.

Am I right im in thinking you can do a software update but not firmware update as Imsure I did a software update on one image with no problems.

How are you finding the ssl84 updated image, was thinking of doing that once Id recovered box but thought Id wait a while.

Regards

alom5
28th September, 2011, 09:33 PM
the 84 image is good got alot of addons installed already and working with no probs....basically i'm happy again..... you can turn off the update by going newnigma2 services- system tools- system preference and disable evrything there and restart.

put the newnigma2 by sat4fun...i've linked it on the 800se image sticky. smooth image for sure.

styla
28th September, 2011, 10:57 PM
My Vote goes to 4ReactX or Dream Elite, both images have been super stable, no issues, dream elite has some great skins too, and well what more do you need?

:D

On a side note love the Vix image (only problem is the No Newcs issue)

alom5
1st October, 2011, 10:06 AM
ramimaher's own image using v18 right now but a very good image. customisation top notch with configurable interface information.. easy to configure as well.. picons and everything just point to folder. easy access to basic stuff using blue panel. most complete image and i have used newnigma 2 and openpli newnigma2 is decent openpli for some reason doesnt feel that well madee.. i think if ramimaher concentrated solely on his image its would beat all out there.. it does what others do and more!

i have just tried the latest version of ramimaher's image v20. i have to say....i am very pleasantly impressed. the best skin i have used bar none.

i just need to figure out how to get the oled picons working.....anybody?

the image looks like based on gemini and me not being a fan of gemini...all the more suprising lol

beats2006
5th October, 2011, 08:17 PM
Im running newnigma2 but would like to try dream elite, the version in the DL section says SSL82? but my newnigma2 was SSL84? do I need a SSL84 version, whats it all about?
I'm running a DM800HD SE clone.
thanks

satsmo
5th October, 2011, 08:21 PM
It will just revert bootloaders or you can flash the SSL84 after the flash if you want to retain it.

beats2006
5th October, 2011, 09:12 PM
whats the difference between the 2 is there any reason i should have one over the other?
thanks

satsmo
5th October, 2011, 09:23 PM
The latest bootloader allows you to use the latest images and original drivers. Take a look at Mfaraj's thread here for more info http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/new-secondstage-bootloader-ssl84-dm800se-sim2-229354/

alom5
8th October, 2011, 11:04 AM
dreamelite seems to be jogging away at the mo lol..... so which version are people using?? i only tried the dreamelite 2 from 30/6/11 tested by tony2k.

it was ok...but had some errors.

andy211081
8th October, 2011, 12:33 PM
i am using Digital Kaos - Downloads - DM800SE-210-SSL82-Dream Elite-Full Motor Backup-By (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/dm800se-210-ssl82-dream-elite-full-motor-backup-1749/) on my two boxes and all is perfect had no issues what so ever

southpaw
8th October, 2011, 12:42 PM
i am sure this poll is a little false with some voters misreading the model ,
maybe wise to add "SECOND EDITION" to the poll title , as dream-elite seams to be pissing it , and me thinks its mostly due to dm800 owners and D-E pheonix users

lombard
8th October, 2011, 04:41 PM
Great thread, Just ordered a DM800se should have it hopfully next week some time, find threads like this so helpfull, hope to contribute now,

Thanks all

alom5
8th October, 2011, 05:28 PM
i am sure this poll is a little false with some voters misreading the model ,
maybe wise to add "SECOND EDITION" to the poll title , as dream-elite seams to be pissing it , and me thinks its mostly due to dm800 owners and D-E pheonix users

i think you may well be correct in your assumption southpaw. cos i didn't find it the best.. though i have to say...it is a solid image and at the beginning was the best around and i did revert back to it when i had probs.

the newnigma for me is the best for the se.

there is also now ssl84a bootloader images.............so many to choose from lol

waj_uk
10th October, 2011, 04:10 PM
Thinking of upgrading to a SE can i still use the dreamelite phoenix image as i am currently using it on my pro? Do i need to do anything different?

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alom5
10th October, 2011, 05:53 PM
Thinking of upgrading to a SE can i still use the dreamelite phoenix image as i am currently using it on my pro? Do i need to do anything different?

---

that image won't work on the 800se as its a different sim version.

lombard
10th October, 2011, 07:14 PM

---

just ordered a dm800se, should be here soon from china, i also used dreamelite 1.3.3, pheonix on dm800, last few days i tried a few images on dm800, cause dreamelite, was glitching with timeshifting, OpenPLi 2.1 works great and good selection of skins,

On dm800se seems like newnigma 2 looks good and popular, will try that as soon i have it

beats2006
11th October, 2011, 08:36 AM
Theres 3 newnigma versions in downloads which is the best to use?

alom5
11th October, 2011, 08:58 AM

this is the one i use Digital Kaos - Downloads - Newnigma2-dm800se-ssl84-sim210 -sat4fun (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/newnigma2-dm800se-ssl84-sim210-sat4fun-1814/)

southpaw
11th October, 2011, 09:49 AM

this is the one i use Digital Kaos - Downloads - Newnigma2-dm800se-ssl84-sim210 -sat4fun (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/newnigma2-dm800se-ssl84-sim210-sat4fun-1814/)

For the 800 SE mate

beats2006
11th October, 2011, 12:09 PM
For the 800 SE mate

Yeah for the 800 se they all have 800 se in the title

garry1312
11th October, 2011, 02:43 PM
Just spotted this thread.

Currently I am using ramiMAHER-V20-dm800se which is a gemini based image. What really surprises me is I once would never look at a Gemini image let alone have it on my receiver. Yet this image has won me over. Its extremely fast (would say the fastest out of all images I have tested), it is very stable and as for ramiMAHERS skin it just looks and feels fantastic. Also got plugins like mytube working.

Do not have colour OLED picons at some point I will try to add them but for me at first loved them but to me there just a novelty the end of the day when im sitting on the couch watching whatever it may be im not caring whats on the OLED and also from that distance I am not going to see whats on it.

Right so as much as I love this image I am going to be changing image tonight to Sat4fun_ICVS-GP3.0.38 as on this image I am having a problem with Cool TV Guide it on the display I like (small channel bars no picons displayed and preview window on) it cuts off channel names on left hand side. Tried everything in settings and also tried downloading the debug from tspanel still no joy. So will flash tonight if that does not resolve it will convert back to Cool TV Guide 4.0.

Also this image has another impressive looking skin from Ramimaher :)

As for 4Reackt still think it is a very good image and didnt have to many problems with it, it could be better but in my opinion there are other images out there that have many more issues.

alom5
11th October, 2011, 05:08 PM
i have to say garry....the skin on that ramimaher image was superb. but still went back to newnigma 84 version. great image. would love it if i could have the ramimaher skin on this image. would make it immaculate. :)

garry1312
11th October, 2011, 05:35 PM
yeah its one sexy skin mate. the one on the image im trying the night also looks it. Will post a review on this thread once tested it.

alom5
13th October, 2011, 05:39 PM
yeah its one sexy skin mate. the one on the image im trying the night also looks it. Will post a review on this thread once tested it.

i'm waiting to hear your review on that image mate........:call2:

garry1312
13th October, 2011, 10:20 PM
Will try it out over the weekend mate been working late this week.

alom5
13th October, 2011, 10:54 PM
don't wana be pissing about flashing this weekend mate...some heavy games going on .....don't wana disturb anyone :)

garry1312
13th October, 2011, 10:59 PM
No one to disturb other than myself the now mate.

alom5
13th October, 2011, 11:51 PM
i've just seen a new image mix of 2 images ramimaher+blackhole............sounds pretty awsome......and i said i wouldn't start flashing again...............heres the link if anyone wants to try it

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! (http://www.multiupload.com/CWC16GGI7L)

i'm itching now. ffs. :(

garry1312
14th October, 2011, 10:10 AM
Not really keen on the Blackhole images these days dont know why used to like them but went off them.

alom5
14th October, 2011, 10:15 AM
yeah....but still itching......~~~~~~~it....gona do it now!! lol

mast
14th October, 2011, 10:31 AM
Hi

Sounds a pretty good image that but like you say dont wanna mess this weekend as there are some big games that I just dont want to risk missing if things go pear shaped.

Maybe give it a whirl after weekend.

Im having issues with getting external hard drive and a 16mg flash drive going which I will start a seperate thread about but if anyone wants to pm me any pointers.

Regards

mast
14th October, 2011, 10:37 AM
yeah....but still itching......~~~~~~~it....gona do it now!! lol

Hi

Had a feeling you wouldnt be able to resist lol. Its an addiction this.

Lets see what your feedback is. What bootloader is it.

Regards

alom5
14th October, 2011, 01:00 PM
bootloader 84a. pretty nice image as it goes....but i tried to run the ramimaher b21 hd skin and weren't having it so i come back to my newnigma bootloader 84.

the only thing i would change for is that skin i think.

i backup image with barryallen and then tried to flash tht image and i always get the no ca error....so have to install everything manually again.

anyone kmow why??

when i try backup with tspanel...it says imag saved 0mb....what are other people using to backup their image.

lombard
14th October, 2011, 08:35 PM
bootloader 84a. pretty nice image as it goes....but i tried to run the ramimaher b21 hd skin and weren't having it so i come back to my newnigma bootloader 84.

the only thing i would change for is that skin i think.

i backup image with barryallen and then tried to flash tht image and i always get the no ca error....so have to install everything manually again.

anyone kmow why??

when i try backup with tspanel...it says imag saved 0mb....what are other people using to backup their image.

Should have my dm800se delivered on monday, according to tracking :)

wanna try a few images heres a few will try first

newnigma2-snapshot-dm800se-04-10-2011-ramiMAHER #ssl84a

ramiMAHER+blackhole-dm800se-#ssl84a-2011-10-12
Looking at the screenshots looks like dreamelite skin, hope its got a good selection of skins

but there so much images, even looking at the poll here dont seem to be any one popular. so save me trying all lol,

the backing up i found problem myself, I backed up dreamelite 1.3.3 phoenix, using tsbackup no problem, on my dm800

since i have moved to OpenPLi 2.1 which got a few skin choices and runs more smoother and records perfect, but cant backup the image with my settings so if revert back i can save all putting stuff back one by one, I tried gp3backup, I tried tspanels backup no joy at all.

Thanks great forum :)

saj1985
16th October, 2011, 08:22 PM
there has been a lot of questions regrds the best image and i've had a few people ask also. a number of people have the se now and a lot more are getting it by the day.

i'd like to ask everybody out there using the SE..........what is the best image? please vote for an image if you have used it extensively and can honestly recommend as the best you have tried.

thanks.

my best image so far is the newnigma2-dm800se-9-2-ramiMAHER i have crossepg, picons, oled picons, permanent timeshift, barryallen, tspanel all running and no random crashes or freezes.:party:

sounds like a really good stb, any pics/vids of the oled picons in action?

canford
16th October, 2011, 08:27 PM
Can you safely put this on a clone 800 se

lombard
16th October, 2011, 09:11 PM
my dm800se should arrive tommorrow cant wait :)

so many images to try, dont know where to start :stoned:

mast
16th October, 2011, 09:14 PM
my dm800se should arrive tommorrow cant wait :)

so many images to try, dont know where to start :stoned:

Hi

Thats the fun of it. Should allready have a preinstalled image on.

Regards

mast
16th October, 2011, 09:25 PM
Can you safely put this on a clone 800 se

Hi

Yes you can as long as its sim 2.10 and not a box with a ferrari sim.

You need the correct images depending on the sim its got and your box will most likely have sim 2.10 but check first.

If its sim 2.10 then images in link below will be fine too.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/dm800hdse-ssl82-ssl84-images-229545/

Do as much reading as you can it might be a bumpy ride but fun along the way.

If you run into any probs plenty of very helpful members around.

Regards

dp11
16th October, 2011, 11:16 PM
Best image for me has to be "Sat4fun-newnigma2_DM800SE-Sim2_ssl84". Picons, timeshift, PVR, full EPG all work great very fast and nice on the eye too.
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg404/scaled.php?server=404&filename=screenshot4m.jpg&res=mediumhttp://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg4/scaled.php?server=4&filename=screenshot3rx.jpg&res=mediumhttp://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg695/scaled.php?server=695&filename=screenshot5ef.jpg&res=mediumhttp://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg850/scaled.php?server=850&filename=screenshot2mi.jpg&res=mediumhttp://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg683/scaled.php?server=683&filename=screenshotdxh.jpg&res=medium

lombard
17th October, 2011, 12:37 AM
hi, gonna give this a go SIM2-SSL84a_Newnigma2(3.2.2)By Sat4fun Team 08-10-11

dont really wannabe flashing lots of images, just gonna try the recommended ones then decide :top:

alom5
17th October, 2011, 12:41 AM
thats the same image that i have after trying alot as you may well know :).

i got th3 84 bootloader and i'm not really bothered with the 84a.

to dp11....download the infinitymod skin from newnigma services mate. it's even nicer on the eye lol

MAKE SURE EVERYONE CASTS THEIR VOTE!!!

garry1312
17th October, 2011, 12:44 AM
Tried both images ramihar blahole.... Was not impressed all and also tested the other gp3 one i was on about, didnt like it.

So still with ramihar v20 (gp3 bases) and for me no other image comes close to it. Also not tested a image that is anywere near as fast as this one, this image really puts the power of your se to use :)

Yeah theres more work to be put im with this image than others but so worth it.

lombard
17th October, 2011, 12:56 AM
thats the same image that i have after trying alot as you may well know :).

i got th3 84 bootloader and i'm not really bothered with the 84a.

to dp11....download the infinitymod skin from newnigma services mate. it's even nicer on the eye lol

MAKE SURE EVERYONE CASTS THEIR VOTE!!!

Think that will be my first image that i will flash, if i like it just gonna stick with it :pepsi:

just wondering is there anything like dream elite with epg, i can get full epg using the Rytec_uk , no need for usb or hard drive, is there anything like that on any other images ?

cant wait now , hope it arrives tommorrow

alom5
17th October, 2011, 01:03 AM
i use crossepg and as i download epg from a number of sats....i always use hdd.

you could try to flash memory if using just 1 sat and may be ok. you will know pretty quick if the green screen starts coming for ya.

definately worth the hdd option as can run permanent timeshift so rewind live tv ....as they say...instant record etc...defo worth getting it. i only got60gb on both my boxes. both came from laptops....so no extra expenses. :)

garry1312
17th October, 2011, 01:07 AM
Agree you need to get a hdd mate know some people are for external and usb but nothing beats it hidden away in the receiver. Also with the se no worries about overheating.

Ran a wee test lately first few nights wasnt intentional but had it on 7 nights no stand by and still cool to the touch and no issues.

lombard
17th October, 2011, 03:32 PM
Hi all just recieved dm800se, trying the All Russian image thats pre installed, i just transfered over the bouqeuts list, set tuner, and started flicking , then when i went to list its got all epg for all channels lol, where that come from ? cant seem to find any settings for epg but its getting it all and i aint got usb or hdd attached, also where is the addons panel for this image cant seem to find it ?

im gonna try SIM2_SSL84a-Newnigma2-Bysat4fun_Team now see how that goes

fun and fustration begins

alom5
17th October, 2011, 03:59 PM
i think the epg settings would be under setup - system- customise and toward the bottom. am guessing as not used this image but on otheres it seems to be there.

good luck lombard lol.....

alom5
17th October, 2011, 04:01 PM
Also with the se no worries about overheating.

Ran a wee test lately first few nights wasnt intentional but had it on 7 nights no stand by and still cool to the touch and no issues.

that's some very good news. excellent mate. i got a usb fan underneath as well.............looks like don't really need it !!

garry1312
17th October, 2011, 04:15 PM
Nope wouldnt bother to much about a external fan as the fan inside the SE does a fantastic job, I've never felt any heat from mine and that test has just proved that it will still be cool to the touch after 7 days

Also tried playing a AVI video from internal hard drive and worked perfectly.

The SE really is great value for money, it's well built, nice speed, looks good, has a large choice of images.

Glad to hear you have joined the SE team Lombard ;)

lombard
17th October, 2011, 05:13 PM
Ok so far tried all russian where are the addons for image ?

SIM2_SSL84a-Newnigma2-Bysat4fun_Team - got it all working, tried a few skins, didnt like any really

Now trying Sim_SSL84a-OPENPLI2.1_By Sat4fun-Team which i liked on dm800, with warp skin, just flashed it, transfered over service files , tuner configuration, says

Tuner A: (empty)

Tuner B: (empty)

whats going on here, other two images worked

alom5
17th October, 2011, 05:42 PM
reflash. sometimes get flashes.

also try the infinity mod skin on the newnigma. its quiet nice. the one i use anyway lol

lombard
17th October, 2011, 07:41 PM
UPDATE

I flashed OpenPLi-2.1-beta-dm800se-20111004-sim210-ssl84a

worked fine, but image was very bare, installed TSpanel, downloaded all main plugins, I used this image on my dm800 and very much liked it, liked the choice of skins , only problem is no idea if this image can display picons on oled, info bar picons work from usb no problem, its not a big deal just wanted to try it

The Box
is this a clone :D come on, great build quality, fan is great can control speed :D, and dont think will get loud noise in due time you did on dm800 fans, also the speed wow, going through bouquets rips through them, remember on dm800 used to get bit of lag,

rebooting and restarting so fast, its just a pleasure to use.

Alom there is no point in using fan underneath, if you think its getting hot just up the speed on internal fan . but dont think you would need to

Im gonna leave this image on for now , watch tv finally, will soon start having more goes trying images,

I only hope now dual tuner dvb s2 gets released for this, then be very worth getting a hard drive

southpaw
17th October, 2011, 07:46 PM
Ok so far tried all russian where are the addons for image ?

SIM2_SSL84a-Newnigma2-Bysat4fun_Team - got it all working, tried a few skins, didnt like any really

Now trying Sim_SSL84a-OPENPLI2.1_By Sat4fun-Team which i liked on dm800, with warp skin, just flashed it, transfered over service files , tuner configuration, says

Tuner A: (empty)

Tuner B: (empty)

whats going on here, other two images worked

i think that erorr sugests you got no tuner drivers installed , the software isnt getting any info to say its got one tuner onboard . you can download the drivers from your download panel

alom5
17th October, 2011, 08:08 PM
i have the external fans so why not use them :)

also i got my box on top of the ps3.....in a cabinet.....and the ps3 can get hot.......still saying all that...had no probs or glitches.

neilus0
18th October, 2011, 12:03 AM
Ive just received my DM800SE

Flashed with
SIM2-SSL84a_Newnigma2(3.2.2)By Sat4fun Team

all went fine, now I have TSpanel with hundreds of options and different CAM's etc etc

I was looking for one saying cccam but could not find it.

Could someone advise how to install cccam to setup CS??

Many Thanks

pento123
18th October, 2011, 12:12 AM
In TSPANEL Go to EMU MANAGER, then click Blue Button (Install). It will give you a selection of cams to install from there.

alom5
18th October, 2011, 12:15 AM
even esier is....cccam 2.2.1 is preinstalled oon the image and should be running.

just check by blue button - newnigma services-emu manager.

neilus0
18th October, 2011, 12:26 AM
OK great so I got cccm 2.2.1 installed and running.

So I need to install the setup files for the CS service right??

Can anyone recommend which service to use and exactly how to install these files?

Again many thanks

neilus0
18th October, 2011, 01:13 AM
So I found some free info on the web which gave me this

*** EDITED BY ADMIN***
*** READ THE RULES ***
***** NO C LINES *****

restarted cccam and now I get all channels except it freezes every 5 sec.

So should I pay for a CS service? Can anyone recommend one?

Thanks

pento123
18th October, 2011, 08:38 AM
I'd edit that post pretty sharpish. We can't really discuss that kind of thing on here. We can get you 50% the way there but for the rest you'll have to consult google!

southpaw
18th October, 2011, 10:16 AM
please read the rules fellas , no cs talk talk allowed , use google to find your info :rulez:

garry1312
18th October, 2011, 10:16 AM
Neilus0 I agree with Pento I would get that edited and look at the rules of this forum, Card sharing talk is not allowed and posting lines is just ripping the piss to say the least.

lombard
18th October, 2011, 11:43 AM
hi, i got oled to display picons using openpli 2.1, extract the zip and put the skin_display96.xml file in /usr/share/enigma2
and overwrite the existing one

got image all working now complete all main stuff, and oled picons was a finishing touch, loving this image, skins are great

now how do i backup image, cause i wanna try other images, but if i revert back to this image will need to start adding bits to it again, would be great if i could make backup of image

thanks

southpaw
18th October, 2011, 12:43 PM
some nice little backup tools in tspanel mate , sim2 plugins > tsbackup v3 , should rip the whole image with settings to a .nfi file for reflashing

lombard
18th October, 2011, 12:49 PM
some nice little backup tools in tspanel mate , sim2 plugins > tsbackup v3 , should rip the whole image with settings to a .nfi file for reflashing

I tried a few of them none of them worked, I backup dream elite image on dm800 with tsbackup,

southpaw
18th October, 2011, 01:45 PM
working fine here mate , to download
tspanel > addons > sim2.1addons > sim2 plugin (1st entry) >tsflash backup 3.0 (last entry)

reboot , open it , tell it backup location and run it , just did it now and workin great , creates a nfi for re-flashing

diffinking
18th October, 2011, 07:39 PM
just recieved mine today , which image you guys reckon i should run ,

im a complete noob ,and this is my first linux box of any kind

alom5
18th October, 2011, 08:55 PM
working fine here mate , to download
tspanel > addons > sim2.1addons > sim2 plugin (1st entry) >tsflash backup 3.0 (last entry)

reboot , open it , tell it backup location and run it , just did it now and workin great , creates a nfi for re-flashing

just tried it....and flash backup failed is all i get :(

southpaw
18th October, 2011, 09:12 PM
Strange. Workin fine here (to usb btw)

alom5
18th October, 2011, 09:22 PM
yeah...i just tried gp2 as well...same eroor. i been trying to flash to hdd tho. should that make the dfference??

alom5
18th October, 2011, 09:50 PM
dreamelite seems to be running away with it. those who have voted....please can you tell us which version you are using.

cheers.

lombard
18th October, 2011, 10:11 PM
OpenPLi 2.1 Here loving the image,

alom5
18th October, 2011, 10:17 PM
OpenPLi 2.1 Here loving the image,

got that on my pro. it is a nice image.

i wanted to know about the dreamelite people - what version they are using....am i missing out on a good image ?:manutop:

don't wana be doing that lol

southpaw
18th October, 2011, 10:18 PM
If you got a spare memory stick try it to usb alom, works fine here, btw. Make sure box is online at the time as ssl is downloaded during backup

alom5
18th October, 2011, 10:22 PM
If you got a spare memory stick try it to usb alom, works fine here, btw. Make sure box is online at the time as ssl is downloaded during backup

i'll have look at the usb option mate....box is always online :)

i know i done this before with the tspanel backup under tools.

but for some reason...nothing works. barryallen is the only one that flashes a .nfi file. but when i flash the image i get no ca error...weird!!

neilus0
19th October, 2011, 12:11 AM
Just wanted to say a big thanks for the help i've received mostly from the people on this thread for the help in getting my DM800SE up and running.
I've been enjoying watching football and movies this evening.

I've also been well and truly told off for inappropriate posting, for which I apologised to the Admin who contacted me. I will be more careful in the future.

Finally to complete my setup i've installed cross epg which i'm viewing with coolmans epg however not all the channels are showing info in the EPG.

There are lots of options in the cross EPG setup. Can anyone advise the best way to set this up or suggest an alternative EPG for sky UK.

Thanks

satsmo
19th October, 2011, 12:13 AM
Crossepg should be fine for what you require, Have you configured it for OpenTV or Rytec (or both)?

Probably better starting another thread for this also.

garry1312
19th October, 2011, 09:33 AM
i run both as sometimes OpenTV wont work and vise versa. Glad to hear you are up and running. We all make mistakes ;)

lombard
20th October, 2011, 03:58 PM
little update,

Just installed a samsung 500gb hard drive into dm800se, went flawless, image im using is OpenPLi 2.1, got everything working now, usb stick for storing picons, epg from crossepg,

I could get the pause, or rewind button workin on black remote, but i transfered over another keymap.xml for black remote now works perfect.

using timeshift now, and its flawless, box just breezes through bouquets while its doing that, the dm800 used to struggle abit and lag. is this really only 100mhz faster ? makes that much difference ?

there dont seem to be anywhere on openpli 2.1 where i can check hdd temp, i can see fan rpm, box is staying around 34c with lowest rpm set

Thanks

garry1312
20th October, 2011, 04:25 PM
lombard if theres no temp control on your image a plugin is available on Tspanel.

Would just check again under settings mate as not seen many images without it and sure I seen it on the OpenPli image but may be wrong.

diffinking
21st October, 2011, 11:06 AM
im currently running the newnigma2 image , and very happy with it , only plugins im having problems with is the youtube ones,s keep getting random crashes with green screen , but the image is very stable

alom5
21st October, 2011, 03:30 PM
im currently running the newnigma2 image , and very happy with it , only plugins im having problems with is the youtube ones,s keep getting random crashes with green screen , but the image is very stable

use this image and you won't see those probs anymore :)

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Newnigma2-dm800se-ssl84-sim210 -sat4fun (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/newnigma2-dm800se-ssl84-sim210-sat4fun-1814/)

alom5
21st October, 2011, 05:46 PM
regarding the backing up of image. i think it's a newnigma image issue. i itries the gp flashbackup on another image and done it straight away.. come back to newnigma....same problem dosent do it.

anybody any ideas on how i can backup newnigma image please...even if by telnet.

southpaw
21st October, 2011, 06:27 PM
DCC has a backup function alom. Albeit only does your settings not a full nfi dump.
Something to fall back on tho

alom5
21st October, 2011, 06:44 PM
yea...just a shame...as it wud'v been easier as i get tempted so easily lol.

i just love that ramimaher skin b21hd, but the image gets stuck sometimes....so when i think i got something that might work with it...i just have to give it a go....and guess what....not yet :( just mor green screens lol.....will keep trying tho. :)

lombard
21st October, 2011, 07:57 PM
yea...just a shame...as it wud'v been easier as i get tempted so easily lol.

i just love that ramimaher skin b21hd, but the image gets stuck sometimes....so when i think i got something that might work with it...i just have to give it a go....and guess what....not yet :( just mor green screens lol.....will keep trying tho. :)

i have had openpli 2.1 running for a week now, not a single green , just been perfect, any screenshots of ramimaher skin b21hd skin,
getting bit too settled now might give other images ago,

just pain if i revert back to openpli and set all plugins etc again one by one

alom5
21st October, 2011, 08:14 PM
you should be able to do a .nfi backup with ts flashr or gp2flashbackup. itried openpli again and i had problems.....just seems to be newnigma that is the most stable for me.

not running at present mate...(don't flash during eve - someone might call the police lol) so i couldn't do any screens.

just flash the image and you will see what i mean.

ramimaher v20

satsmo
21st October, 2011, 09:05 PM
regarding the backing up of image. i think it's a newnigma image issue. i itries the gp flashbackup on another image and done it straight away.. come back to newnigma....same problem dosent do it.

anybody any ideas on how i can backup newnigma image please...even if by telnet.

Before answering I need to know which SSL you are currently using.

alom5
21st October, 2011, 09:08 PM
ssl84 or ssl84a ... i can use ssl82 as well if need be satsmo.

satsmo
21st October, 2011, 09:19 PM
Thanks, use TSFlashbackup 3.0 from the TS Panel, but revert back to SSL82. I can guarantee it will work ( I presume it is ver 3.2).

I will see if I can get mfaraj57 to take a look at this issue. It's not Rami's image at fault.

alom5
21st October, 2011, 09:25 PM
using the sat4fun ssl84a image. but have had the issue with the 82 and 84 as well. i used v3 so long ago i don't know if it worked or not.

if you know rami...pass on my congrats on his b21hd skin. it's the best skin i come across. only prob is it only works on his v20 image..couldn't get the oleds working (no biggie)....but that does freeze so.....maybe in the next version it will be sorted :)

satsmo
21st October, 2011, 09:30 PM
Use Rami's version with SSL82 and see how you get on. It's the same image just backup your settings and restore them after flash.

Rami, mjfara and a few others are quite adept at SIM 2 support :)

alom5
21st October, 2011, 09:36 PM
i think thats in downloads...i will revert back to that and see how it goes.

could you ask rami if he can make that b21hd work with other images...not worked with any others that i tried.

cheers satsmo.

satsmo
21st October, 2011, 09:39 PM
Will do, but skins are specific to images based on their structure unless modded by others.

You will get green screen if it is not compatible to the image. He will not mod it to work on images that are not his, but that doesn't stop others modding it ;)

alom5
21st October, 2011, 09:44 PM
i get what your saying satsmo and totally understandable.....if only his image didn't freeze so often...wouldn't even be having this convo :)

tybet
24th October, 2011, 02:52 AM
exactly dreamelite best

garry1312
24th October, 2011, 11:45 AM
i get what your saying satsmo and totally understandable.....if only his image didn't freeze so often...wouldn't even be having this convo :)

I've not had any issues with v20 freezing nor had any green screens. As mentioned before for me it is the fastest image I have tried to date also for me no other skin is as good looking. Think he has done a outstanding job.

Only issue I have noticed is that rarely his download plugin is available. Also with it being Gemini based theres no CAM downloads but then again Tspanel gets around that.

lombard
24th October, 2011, 11:56 AM
I've not had any issues with v20 freezing nor had any green screens. As mentioned before for me it is the fastest image I have tried to date also for me no other skin is as good looking. Think he has done a outstanding job.

Only issue I have noticed is that rarely his download plugin is available. Also with it being Gemini based theres no CAM downloads but then again Tspanel gets around that.

any screenshots garry :top:, been using openpli 2.1 for almost 2 weeks not a single crash,

alom5
24th October, 2011, 12:05 PM

that's interresting.....cos i had it freeze like the spinner comes on and carrys on spinning...then have to restart.

it is a great skin tho for sure.

funny that only the newnigma seems to have issues for my box. maybe i been flashing away too much now :D

stick some screens up for lombard gary....tho the screens won't show you how good the skin is still. you just gota try it out to know how good it is lombard.

lombard
24th October, 2011, 01:32 PM
that's interresting.....cos i had it freeze like the spinner comes on and carrys on spinning...then have to restart.

it is a great skin tho for sure.

funny that only the newnigma seems to have issues for my box. maybe i been flashing away too much now :D

stick some screens up for lombard gary....tho the screens won't show you how good the skin is still. you just gota try it out to know how good it is lombard.

how do you take screenshots can you do it in box ? or get the camera out, i will take some pictures of OpenPLi 2.1

alom5
24th October, 2011, 02:25 PM
you can do it from dreambox webcontrol by putting th ip address of the box in the browser. then box control... and you can take screenshots from there.

lombard
24th October, 2011, 07:14 PM
Hi, here are my screenshots using OpenPLi 2.1 with Vali.HD.warp skin

temp very good i think, with a 500gb samsung running with timeshift on :)

thanks

mast
24th October, 2011, 07:57 PM
just tried it....and flash backup failed is all i get :(

Hi Alom

To confirm I tried this today with same message. It seems as you say newnigma2 issue.

alom5
24th October, 2011, 11:33 PM
Hi Alom

To confirm I tried this today with same message. It seems as you say newnigma2 issue.

i think it is mate as on other images it went and backed up no probs.

but no bother ...just a matter of transferring a few files....less than 2min job :)

the image is still the best for me.

porter1
25th October, 2011, 08:48 PM
reading this thread in interest for arrival of se,cross epg .what is it,open tv epg ?,might try alom5 suggestion of image

alom5
25th October, 2011, 08:56 PM
you won't go wrong on that image mate...have tried 85% and keep coming back.

on crossepg i use opentv and xmltv and rytec.....with xmltv exporter....i've always got epg :)

if just 1 i would say probably the opentv....

porter1
25th October, 2011, 09:05 PM
crossepg what is it ,confused

alom5
25th October, 2011, 09:07 PM
crossepg is plugin that allows you to download epg for different sats.

porter1
25th October, 2011, 09:08 PM
download where from here,update image still via the browser

alom5
25th October, 2011, 09:12 PM
yeah yeah...still flash image via web browser and then down load addons.

i just ftp my crossepg and permanent timeshift ipk to tmp and do manual install. you can also download the picons from the addon panels.

get the box mate and let it boot the allrussian image 1st to make sure all working and then just web browser it.

then we will help you get it to how you want it.

porter1
25th October, 2011, 09:16 PM
will do m8,ill shout if i need anything,guessing it will come on friday,looking forward to new toy

saj1985
25th October, 2011, 11:35 PM
at the moment i got dream elite on my dm800se,
its a nice image.

so i wanted to ask peeps what you reckon the best image is so far?

alom i should defo ask you,
sounds like you've tested them all out lol

dp11
25th October, 2011, 11:47 PM
Thought i would try ramiMAHER V20 and it's a great really fast, b21hd skin is smart aswell.
Only prob is i have not been able to set quickbutton for cooltvguide. I have to go into blue panel first

alom5
26th October, 2011, 10:29 AM
Thought i would try ramiMAHER V20 and it's a great really fast, b21hd skin is smart aswell.
Only prob is i have not been able to set quickbutton for cooltvguide. I have to go into blue panel first

i thought this image has the smartest skin. but it had freezing issues so reluctantly moved away.

@sajj i am with the newnigma ssl84 image with scarletthd skin. this has been the best for me as i have crossepg, permanent timeshift, picons and oled piconsworking. other plugins come as part of the image such as youtube and tspanel etc. all working.

the addons panel for newnigma has a lot of stuff that can be downloaded.

i issue i have had is that you cant flash backup the whole image. not really a problem anyway.

hope that helps mate.

rapscallion
26th October, 2011, 02:22 PM
i thought this image has the smartest skin. but it had freezing issues so reluctantly moved away.

@sajj i am with the newnigma ssl84 image with scarletthd skin. this has been the best for me as i have crossepg, permanent timeshift, picons and oled piconsworking. other plugins come as part of the image such as youtube and tspanel etc. all working.

the addons panel for newnigma has a lot of stuff that can be downloaded.

i issue i have had is that you cant flash backup the whole image. not really a problem anyway.

hope that helps mate.Pretty much the same though I have it on the hard drive using Barry Allan. You casn then add loads of the addons. It works great on there.

garry1312
27th October, 2011, 12:26 AM
Sorry guys just noticed that i was asked if I could post up some screen shots of ramiMAHER v20 so here we go :)

Nope Alom still not got OLED picons on it. To be honest when ive not got them I dont notice them, but its a nice touch to the receiver when they are there.

alom5
27th October, 2011, 01:34 AM
nice skin...especially the way the writing rolls onto the screen....i like that. makes it very stylish :)

porter1
27th October, 2011, 08:36 AM
tried to download image but stops every time i try and download files on here,even when i was getting them on my old 800 the other week,must be this lappie(new) always says interrupted

alom5
27th October, 2011, 08:52 AM
they seem to be downloading fine mate. :) weird!!! which one you going for anyway??

porter1
27th October, 2011, 09:58 AM
The one your using m8'hopefully no green screen of death,they do me head in'ill get it on the upstairs pc tonight

alom5
28th October, 2011, 12:56 PM
well i've had a check of it all and seems to be working fine. also no issues with the usals and tuning issues that i'm reading in other threads.

i'll pm you how i got my tuner set up and see if that will help you porter

porter1
28th October, 2011, 12:59 PM
will do now alom,havent opened it yet incase tuner was loose

alom5
28th October, 2011, 01:10 PM
this is how i got my tuner setup...and it's working great....

i got advanced mode

diseqc set to 1.2

everything i left as it was.

changed the longitude and latitude and thats it.

then changed the sats and ok'd for every sat i wanted. all on lnb1. (cos i only got one :( )

nothing else changed except what i've said above.

pento123
28th October, 2011, 02:17 PM
Sorry guys just noticed that i was asked if I could post up some screen shots of ramiMAHER v20 so here we go :)

Nope Alom still not got OLED picons on it. To be honest when ive not got them I dont notice them, but its a nice touch to the receiver when they are there.

Hey Garry, thanks for the pics man. Do you know how to get the second info bar to just stay on. It kinda annoying the way it fades out and then in again.
Apart from that the skin is pretty cool though. I might give HD Glass a go on it aswell.

What are you using for backup on this image Gaz?

Cheer mate

garry1312
28th October, 2011, 02:32 PM
Hey Garry, thanks for the pics man. Do you know how to get the second info bar to just stay on. It kinda annoying the way it fades out and then in again.
Apart from that the skin is pretty cool though. I might give HD Glass a go on it aswell.

What are you using for backup on this image Gaz?

Cheer mate

Yeah know what you mean by the second info bar mate, will take a look tonight and see if theres anyway it can stay up until you prompt it to go away or even extent the time it stays up for.

You received any problems like Alom on this image as it runs like a dream for me.

Do you also think it is a very fast image?

I tried a backup with Tspanel the other night there with no success mate what you using to backup the full image including all the settings and plugins etc?

porter1
28th October, 2011, 02:46 PM
where is that skin ye using alom and the picons,havent come across it,dont wanna be a pain,thanks

pento123
28th October, 2011, 02:52 PM
Yeah know what you mean by the second info bar mate, will take a look tonight and see if theres anyway it can stay up until you prompt it to go away or even extent the time it stays up for.

You received any problems like Alom on this image as it runs like a dream for me.

I tried a backup with Tspanel the other night there with no success mate what you using to backup the full image including all the settings and plugins etc?

I'm going try GP2 for backup. I haven't had any problems it that I wasn't able to fix so far. :D Its a very tweakable image which I love. Was able to sort my issue with picons pretty quick by changing the path in the general settings under blue panel. Everything is kind of in odd places on his images but you figure it out eventually. :D. I particularly like how easy it is to setup what the colored button do, and long press and so on. Pretty much a doodle. I now have CoolMans TV guide as the red button. I also installed TSPanel, some picon, my bouquets, cccam, no issues so far.

I would say the image is fast to load, but I did find it a little slow flicking in between channels compared to the Sifteam Gecko image i was running before, but we're talking maybe leas than half a second. I'd put this down to the flashyness of skin. Could be a keeper though if I manage to get everything working the way I want.

Did you manage to get timeshift up and running ok?....and if so how did you set it up?

alom5
28th October, 2011, 02:55 PM
the skin should be default. scarlett hd.

download picons - blue button - newnigma services - manage aditional software- online installer - i use picons alsat by dunkel ------download to ur specified place....do the same for oled picons.

then go into blue button - newnigma services - osd settings - skin picon location - harddisk (if thats where you saved it to)

same for lcd picon location.
change lcd display type to picon only.green button to save....will restart and picons will be working.

sorted.

alom5
28th October, 2011, 02:58 PM

gp2 flashbackup works with this image....but will back up image and bootloader separately.

@ pento ....i used the permanent timeshift plugin that i've attached in an earlier post (on this thread http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/cross-epg-235404/ ) and works fine

porter1
28th October, 2011, 02:59 PM
how do ye alter the download path so it goes to me hdd,cheers

garry1312
28th October, 2011, 03:01 PM
See at first mate I found it slow on zapping but its changed it went from that to being extremely fast at zapping so I dont know if something was effecting it or if I made a change that improved it.

It is a very tweakable image I love it and you feel very much in control with the image.

Yeah I got coolmans tv guide on red also mate :) (then in cool tv guide I set the blue button to bouquet lists)

Yeah mate have timeshift working got two timeshifts on my PC, I find if one doesnt work with a image the other one will. Just copy it over to tmp, install, restart GUI.

Have you managed to get OLED picons on it mate (thats the only thing I think I have not sussed yet)

alom5
28th October, 2011, 03:03 PM
how do ye alter the download path so it goes to me hdd,cheers

right - left button will change where to save to mate. ... sorry that's when you choosing location from where to display picon.

if you kjust download...it will give you the choice automatically mate..

alom5
28th October, 2011, 03:05 PM
Have you managed to get OLED picons on it mate (thats the only thing I think I have not sussed yet)

i didn't spend that much time with it but got everything except the oled picons working....

garry1312
28th October, 2011, 03:08 PM
i didn't spend that much time with it but got everything except the oled picons working....

Only thing I cant get and tried several different solutions but with no luck.

I am not bothered about having them as I have said before due to the size of the LCD you cant see them to well from a distance anyway. But I do want them on there just so that I know it is possible lol.

pento123
28th October, 2011, 03:10 PM

No haven't managed to figure that out yet. You can set the path for normal picons but there is nothing for the OLED picons, so might have to ask the man himself on that one!

Like your idea about the blue button for bouquets lists, might give that a go. Hopefully have a play around with timeshift aswell at some point over the weekend! :)

If you figure out what made your zapping way faster do let me know. :D

garry1312
28th October, 2011, 03:14 PM
Cool not sure what timeshift I have running on mine mate as said have two and find if one doesnt work the others will, Alom has uploaded one on this thread and I have uploaded the other to the download section mate.

For blue button on bouquets within the Cool TV guide just press red (seen as you have it set to that) once in there press menu and you get loads of options for changing buttons, can also set it up so that when you open Cool TV Guide you are prompted with the bouquet list first and so on.

saj1985
28th October, 2011, 05:51 PM
Cool not sure what timeshift I have running on mine mate as said have two and find if one doesnt work the others will, Alom has uploaded one on this thread and I have uploaded the other to the download section mate.

For blue button on bouquets within the Cool TV guide just press red (seen as you have it set to that) once in there press menu and you get loads of options for changing buttons, can also set it up so that when you open Cool TV Guide you are prompted with the bouquet list first and so on.

gary you got a backup of the image with screenshots?
looks good

porter1
28th October, 2011, 06:04 PM
tried another skin in default,newenigna2 skin,crashed and then kept crashing on every boot,had to reflash ,so wont use that again,@alom didnt find the one you use

saj1985
28th October, 2011, 06:16 PM
tried another skin in default,newenigna2 skin,crashed and then kept crashing on every boot,had to reflash ,so wont use that again,@alom didnt find the one you use

i think this the one alom uses
Digital Kaos - Downloads - Newnigma2-dm800se-ssl84-sim210 -sat4fun (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/newnigma2-dm800se-ssl84-sim210-sat4fun-1814/)

porter1
28th October, 2011, 06:22 PM
i mean the skin,using that image,thanks

saj1985
28th October, 2011, 07:31 PM
hey peeps,
i flashed my box with the newenigma image (link below),
but i noticed on the remote when you press right or left,
the channel change was very slow, any ideas why?
it shows the loading sign, the cogs in top left corner!

btw i still havent put in a hard drive in yet!

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/newnigma2-dm800se-ssl84-sim210-sat4fun-1814/

alom5
28th October, 2011, 07:54 PM
i mean the skin,using that image,thanks

newnigma2-scarlett-hd. it's the 3rd one down in the skins list mate.

i wish i could make a backup...i'd stick it in downloads....working smooth as f000000000k lol

toysoft
28th October, 2011, 07:54 PM
I like my DE-OpenBlackHole 1.4 ;o)

TS

--------

DreamElite OpenBlackHole BH 1.4, DTS Surround, DVB-T Automatic, CrossEPG, Cron, WebInterface working and DynDNS plugins preinstalled.

http://www.8a8f8.com/gallery/4/full/3305.jpg

http://www.8a8f8.com/gallery/4/full/4133.jpg

http://www.8a8f8.com/gallery/4/full/4134.jpg

http://www.8a8f8.com/gallery/4/full/4135.jpg

http://www.8a8f8.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=4160&filename=IPK_Manual_Install.jpg

http://www.8a8f8.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=4161&filename=install_manual.jpg

satsmo
28th October, 2011, 08:01 PM
Is this image purely for Ferrari SIMs? I am sure this has been asked before without you answering.

Also please refrain from linking to "support" sites that ask for money. $25 for a years "support" is not welcomed here and any further posts of this nature will lead to a ban.

I have noted the paypal account with your username attached.

freck
28th October, 2011, 08:01 PM
Hmmm...interesting,anyone try this on an SE yet.
Freck

freck
28th October, 2011, 08:04 PM
Is this image purely for Ferrari SIMs? I am sure this has been asked before without you answering.

Also please refrain from linking to "support" sites that ask for money for support.
Good question Satsmo.....seems strange that this has just appeared for the SE.
Blackhole normally quick off the mark with images???
Flash at your own risk I'd say eh!!
Freck

alom5
28th October, 2011, 08:07 PM
we discussed this before on his original thread....and my clear understanding is it is FOR FERRARI SIM BOXES ONLY.

satsmo
28th October, 2011, 08:11 PM
It is Alom, I renamed it as such, so that was me that edited the title.

And as mfaraj says it isn't up to much http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/dreamelite-openblackhole-bh-1-4-ferrari-sim-only-234329/index2.html#post1302353

I have deleted the "pay" support links on that thread also. So I think we can see where this image is heading.

freck
28th October, 2011, 08:11 PM
Well this poll isnt worth it,I find it misleading and will no doubt end up with members flashing their SE boxes with Dream Elite and will possibly cause more hassle.
Dream Elite have supported the 800,800 pro and NOT the SE model as far as I'm concerned.
Please dont confuse people with Ferarri sim compatible images or start another poll.
Freck

satsmo
28th October, 2011, 08:14 PM
The poll is fine Freck, he has gone offline without answering my questions once again.

So as said "paid support" is all he is after.

BTW there is a modded Dream Elite image for the DM800SE on both SIMs ;)

saj1985
28th October, 2011, 08:15 PM
hey peeps just flashed ramimaher v20 on the dm800se,
i really like it,
but for the life of me cant figure out where to d'load c*ccam?

i put tspanel on but cant see it anywhere lol

freck
28th October, 2011, 08:17 PM
The poll is fine Freck, he has gone offline without answering my questions once again.

So as said "paid support" is all he is after.

BTW there is a modded Dream Elite image for the DM800SE on both SIMs ;)
Any link to that satsmo?
Is this it yeah (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/dm800se-210-ssl82-dream-elite-full-motor-backup-1749/)...the one in downloads?

alom5
28th October, 2011, 08:17 PM
i have also asked people who are voting dreamelite to clarify which image it is......no-one has done so as yet. southpaw guessed that people were voting for the phoenix edition which is for the 800hd + pro.

i even changed the title of the thread to clarify it is sim210 and 800se only.

still get votes for dreamelite.......and the only one i used is dreamelite 2 tested by tony2k which was a good image also......what other versions are there?????

freck
28th October, 2011, 08:22 PM
I presumed that it was "phoenix" aswell and searched for an SE compatible version.
Have Open Pli on but want confirmation that the one in downloads is ok to flash.
Freck
linked above:top:

porter1
28th October, 2011, 08:23 PM
newnigma2-scarlett-hd. it's the 3rd one down in the skins list mate.

i wish i could make a backup...i'd stick it in downloads....working smooth as f000000000k lol
i havent got that in my default skins alom

alom5
28th October, 2011, 08:24 PM
there is the other one i know works. tested by tony2k. also in downloads

satsmo
28th October, 2011, 08:24 PM
Any link to that satsmo?
Is this it yeah (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/dm800se-210-ssl82-dream-elite-full-motor-backup-1749/)...the one in downloads?

A link to his paypal account or a link to the "official support site"?

I will not put either on the forum but I can send it to you via pm if you like?

And yes that is one of the DE images for the DM800se there is an earlier one also.

southpaw
28th October, 2011, 08:27 PM
If this is how Ferrari team have decided how to operate, then I feel for anybody with a Ferrari sim, doubt you will ever see mfaraj and ramimaher come begging for "support " charges ,
Shame on you toysoft!!!

alom5
28th October, 2011, 08:29 PM
i havent got that in my default skins alom

ohh...am i running the ssl84a version then?? not sure as i may have then flashed the ssl84 bootyloader after.

download it via the newnigma services panel.....also the infinitymod skin is good.

i didn't want to upload a new version everytime they change the bootloader... but here is the link if you want....Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! (http://www.multiupload.com/NLL8NSPB4S)

freck
@ Satsmo Lol...dont want anything to do with his support site and certainly not his paypal account.....just wanted verification of the image thats in downloads.:D
Freck

satsmo
@southpaw He isn't from there but is taking a leaf as such.

alom5
28th October, 2011, 08:32 PM
anyone can downloads plugins and skin to make it look ad perform good....flash a backup and start saying...donate to me for my great image......sadddo!!!!

if i could back up my newnigma i'd like to upload with everything on so peeps can just flash away....but to put a donate to me lol it reminds of another forum...

southpaw
28th October, 2011, 08:33 PM
@southpaw He isn't from there but is taking a leaf as such.

as he fell out with them lot then ?, pretty sure he was a senior member over there at some point recently

saj1985
28th October, 2011, 08:35 PM
but for the life of me cant figure out where to d'load c*ccam.cfg?

i d'loaded c*cam but cant d'load the c*cam.cfg file

alom5
28th October, 2011, 08:40 PM
but for the life of me cant figure out where to d'load c*ccam.cfg?

i d'loaded c*cam but cant d'load the c*cam.cfg file

just copy over your ccca.cfg file that you have saved on your computer sajj.......or aint you got one lol

satsmo
28th October, 2011, 08:40 PM
as he fell out with them lot then ?, pretty sure he was a senior member over there at some point recently

I don't do cross forum politics :) But I wouldn't tie him to them, especially given the paypal redirect.

I have just been informed by him via pm, that I misunderstood him and he only wants payment for "special" support, (meaning when he has to answer questions)????

Suffice to say my warning to him still stands!

saj1985
28th October, 2011, 08:41 PM
just copy over your ccca.cfg file that you have saved on your computer sajj.......or aint you got one lol

its sorted now lol!

alom5
28th October, 2011, 08:58 PM
cool cool...very nice skin on that btw ....coooool lol

saj1985
28th October, 2011, 09:03 PM
cool cool...very nice skin on that btw ....coooool lol

i like that newnigma image,
p*sing me off that its very slow when changing channel going right or left with the remote,
i wonder if when i put the hard drive in if it will make a difference

canford
28th October, 2011, 09:15 PM
I have found when i put my hd in it takes 10-20 mins to boot,also found if you uninstall something and only do 1 uninstall at a time and reboot straight away,it tends not to crash(green screen) so often.

saj1985
28th October, 2011, 09:40 PM
I have found when i put my hd in it takes 10-20 mins to boot,also found if you uninstall something and only do 1 uninstall at a time and reboot straight away,it tends not to crash(green screen) so often.

what image mate?

lombard
28th October, 2011, 10:08 PM
Hi, why dont you try OpenPLi 2.1 , i have got it running perfect, picons, oled picons, cross epg working, tspanel installed, 500gb installed, with timeshift working perfect, been running for around 2-3 weeks not a single crash or green :)

saj1985
28th October, 2011, 10:18 PM
Hi, why dont you try OpenPLi 2.1 , i have got it running perfect, picons, oled picons, cross epg working, tspanel installed, 500gb installed, with timeshift working perfect, been running for around 2-3 weeks not a single crash or green :)

i like openpli, you got a backup of your image with all the plugins working bud?

freck
28th October, 2011, 10:21 PM
Open Pli is bland compared to other images.
Reminds me of the old 7025 Pli iamge....sd jpeg background boot image..yuk.
But on the plus side it functions well if you can overlook the initial boot image(and its not easy to find another compatible one either).
youll get a green screen if you choose an incorrect one....also goes for different skins.
Pli dont like to be tampered with:eviltongue:
What will be will be.
Freck

lombard
28th October, 2011, 10:37 PM
Open Pli is bland compared to other images.
Reminds me of the old 7025 Pli iamge....sd jpeg background boot image..yuk.
But on the plus side it functions well if you can overlook the initial boot image(and its not easy to find another compatible one either).
youll get a green screen if you choose an incorrect one....also goes for different skins.
Pli dont like to be tampered with:eviltongue:
What will be will be.
Freck

its got quite a few skins in its addons plugins, yes the basic one looks crap, but its got quite alot of skins to choose and look as good as any image out right now, which is online and can download cams etc, yes maybe bare but you can add your plugins in,

I dont understand being blend ? ok the skin that comes default looks old, but its got quite a few skins to download and look very good, i tried them all they all worked must have been over 10 skins to choose, i got all main plugins working what esle do i need ?

saj, i cant seem to make a backup of image, think tsbackup4 will be out soon so hope to then

satsmo
28th October, 2011, 10:38 PM
PLi's architecture differs (as does newnigma), but it follows a truer structure in regards to E2.

If you want stability without the bloat you cannot beat PLi.

freck
28th October, 2011, 10:47 PM
I'd agree with ye there guys...Pli has always been rock solid for years but lagged in the looks department:aetsch:
Different horses for different courses I guess....had Pli on my new VU+Uno and reverted to BH.
Needed something that looks good to go with the new receiver and Pli just didnt cut it but worked 100%.
Freck

saj1985
28th October, 2011, 10:48 PM
its got quite a few skins in its addons plugins, yes the basic one looks crap, but its got quite alot of skins to choose and look as good as any image out right now, which is online and can download cams etc, yes maybe bare but you can add your plugins in,

I dont understand being blend ? ok the skin that comes default looks old, but its got quite a few skins to download and look very good, i tried them all they all worked must have been over 10 skins to choose, i got all main plugins working what esle do i need ?

saj, i cant seem to make a backup of image, think tsbackup4 will be out soon so hope to then

let me know when you got a backup mate,
defo will try that out! :)

PLi's architecture differs (as does newnigma), but it follows a truer structure in regards to E2.

If you want stability without the bloat you cannot beat PLi.

i agree with you mate.

i noticed that with openpli on the remote,
when you press up arrow button then press satellites button it goes through the list of satellites/services quiet fast, where as with the newnigma and ramimaher image does take that slightly longer to wizz through, am i right in thinking thats cause openpli is a bit more simple, so to put it?

satsmo
28th October, 2011, 10:55 PM
i agree with you mate.

i noticed that with openpli on the remote,
when you press up arrow button then press satellites button it goes through the list of satellites/services quiet fast, where as with the newnigma and ramimaher image does take that slightly longer to wizz through, am i right in thinking thats cause openpli is a bit more simple, so to put it?

As said it's less bloated so more free mem means less processing to preform.

However zap times will be negligible when compared with other images, so you won't see a huge difference.

lombard
28th October, 2011, 11:22 PM
I'd agree with ye there guys...Pli has always been rock solid for years but lagged in the looks department:aetsch:
Different horses for different courses I guess....had Pli on my new VU+Uno and reverted to BH.
Needed something that looks good to go with the new receiver and Pli just didnt cut it but worked 100%.
Freck

have you not tried the other skins for it ? they look as good as any image out right now

porter1
30th October, 2011, 09:21 AM
got scarlett hd skin on new eneigma2 now,nice ,lot of colour ,also tried dreamtv hd skin,more life in the scarlett,thanks alom,info on channel a lot biger,better for the mrs ,cant see:D

satfreakster
31st October, 2011, 12:47 AM
Is there any way to correct the sync of subtitles with recorded material?

Thanks.

porter1
1st November, 2011, 08:29 PM
@alom seem to have trouble downloading plug ins(not all) imdb especially,anyone else using this image having similiar,even when it says update available ,does the same

DMBoot
11th November, 2011, 12:01 AM
Is this Dream-Elite image compatible with my Sim 2.10 box that I think currently has ssl82 (or that's what is say in the wee screen when loading) ??

Dream-Elite-2.1-dm800se_05.11.2011.zip is the filename.

http://www.multiupload.com/QV9R3P0P8Z (http://www.multiupload.com/WU_QV9R3P0P8Z)

toysoft
11th November, 2011, 01:16 AM
DE-OpenBlackHole 1.4, best for me ;o)

DM800se : http://www.multiupload.com/5JZX5JE6AC
DM500HD : http://www.multiupload.com/40BSWXW1Y5
DM8000 : http://www.multiupload.com/LGFLEEQQ8I
DM800 : http://www.multiupload.com/392U011CHA

TS

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/1899/3305s.jpg

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/9039/4133c.jpg

mdt
11th November, 2011, 11:53 AM
Is this Dream-Elite image compatible with my Sim 2.10 box that I think currently has ssl82 (or that's what is say in the wee screen when loading) ??

Dream-Elite-2.1-dm800se_05.11.2011.zip is the filename.

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! (http://www.multiupload.com/QV9R3P0P8Z)

dont use this image as i think its for a original dm800se although im not 100% certain that if you flashed ssl#82 straight after the image without rebooting it would be ok although dont quote me on this. there are plenty of images around for your box/sim as rami/mo/sat.gr ect are releasing the patched versions nearly everyday with addons panels included and the latest ssl,s/drivers. take a look in the download section on here and just make sure the image is for sim 2.10 and has the ssl(bootloader) included and it is #82 or higher. regards mdt

southpaw
11th November, 2011, 12:50 PM
DreamboxUK_v2.1_DM800SE-sim2-SSL-84a-by sat gr

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/statusicon/wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 720x405 and weights 33KB.http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/9383/99124176.jpg

For clones DM800HDse sim210 only

installation in internal flash or in multiboot

new ssl84a and latest original drivers

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/5161/97885985.jpg

Blue panel

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/statusicon/wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 720x405 and weights 33KB.http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3463/bp1a.jpg

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! (http://www.multiupload.com/TPF6JF0H8P)

i am liking this image alot , dead easy to configure , with settings downloadable via dbuk panel , flipflops settings , picons on oled screen , epg , cooltvguide all working sweet
would recommend to any new user as its simple and quick being pli based

freck
11th November, 2011, 09:12 PM
Is the 84a bootloader buitl in to this image....got ssl84 running here so will it update to 84a after a flash.
Freck

southpaw
11th November, 2011, 09:27 PM
Yes mate. 84a within the image

delly007
3rd January, 2012, 04:31 PM
hi im using this image DreamboxUK_v2.1_DM800SE-sim2-SSL-84a-by sat gr
very good image i have to say
using magic-EHD skin nice skin
right this is where i am have it all setup runing fine the only thing is when in the channel selection tv user-bouquets/
its too big cant see it all
is there an easy fix for this or is it common in this image

alom5
3rd January, 2012, 04:38 PM
you should goto menu - setup - system - a/v settings - change the output settings....should be able to sort it from there..or change the output on your tv...

garry1312
3rd January, 2012, 10:31 PM
hi im using this image DreamboxUK_v2.1_DM800SE-sim2-SSL-84a-by sat gr
very good image i have to say
using magic-EHD skin nice skin
right this is where i am have it all setup runing fine the only thing is when in the channel selection tv user-bouquets/
its too big cant see it all
is there an easy fix for this or is it common in this image

Hey mate I just got a new receiver and had the same issue with some of the image being cut off. Thought it would be resolved within AV settings. Was not the case sorted it through my TV settings.

So if nothing in AV Settings resolves the issue try your TV settings.

delly007
4th January, 2012, 12:27 AM
thanks lads got it sorted changed tv setting too just scan and now can see all

RaymanHD
6th January, 2012, 12:01 AM
I am using an image with ssl 84b now, but I want to try Dream elite image now.

Is there an 84b image of DE yet, or do I have to downgrade the bootloader to use DreamElite image?

delly007
6th January, 2012, 01:46 AM
Yes you can downgrade the SSL, changing image to an image that supports lower SSL.

zakdk
7th January, 2012, 01:24 PM
...ive tried all these images on my dm800se clone and the one that i loved best is the latest newenigma2 its a bomer with the other images i had some freezing wich newenigma2 took care of only wished it had the tspanel includede, and couldnt manage to do a backup from tspanel after instaling it

alom5
8th January, 2012, 12:57 PM
as there seems to be a lot of members liking the dream elite image......not sure which one everyone been voting for..................

Here is the latest image from them.

Dream elite 3.0 ssl84B patched by ramimaher. enigma 3.2.1

it is in downloads section now.

Digital Kaos - Downloads - DreamElite 3.0 dm800se ssl84b SIM210 - ramimaher (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/dreamelite-3-0-dm800se-ssl84b-sim210-ramimaher-1973/)

i have not tried this yet as i'm extrmely happy with the image i have been running for the past 2 weeks. :)

neilus0
20th February, 2012, 01:51 PM
Im currently running SIM2_SSL84a: 2011-07-06 experimental
By SAT4FUN_Tem Newenigma2 v3.2.2 2011-07-07

On my Clone DM800SE

I'm very happy with this image, fast and stable. The web interface does not work well and when I stream to vlc it cuts out a lot. Other than this cant fault it.

My question is should I be updating this image to something newer? What will a newer image give me that I don't have now?

Any advise appreaciated

canford
20th February, 2012, 02:05 PM
Its is up to you on what image you want to use, as some images will work better on your set up and others not so well, its all trial and error and fun of course trying different images, if you want something new as you put it, everything is available via the menu system(tspanel etc), just be careful, make a backup of your image just in case things go belly up, but as a wise man once said if it aint broke dont fix it.

bigkevin
20th February, 2012, 02:20 PM
hi everyone,my dreambox 800hd just got error message when i downloaded some new add ons bought it off a trader with the cs now i have read that it will have to be reflashed with dreamup will this lose my cs info as i dont know that much about these done cable things in past flashing etc so not a complete newbe but all the help possible will be gratefull thanks everyone

n3d1m
22nd March, 2012, 10:04 PM
Running newnigma now. Is there any significant benefit to switching to elite?

johnmo7
24th March, 2012, 10:49 PM
Can someone please tell me which is better than newnigma?

alom5
29th March, 2012, 10:08 PM
@ satsmo. can you add the MYBACKUP image onto the poll please....as it is definately the best image i have had on it by far.

**OVERRIDE**
23rd May, 2012, 09:39 PM
as there seems to be a lot of members liking the dream elite image......not sure which one everyone been voting for..................

Here is the latest image from them.

Dream elite 3.0 ssl84B patched by ramimaher. enigma 3.2.1

it is in downloads section now.

Digital Kaos - Downloads - DreamElite 3.0 dm800se ssl84b SIM210 - ramimaher (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/dreamelite-3-0-dm800se-ssl84b-sim210-ramimaher-1973/)

i have not tried this yet as i'm extrmely happy with the image i have been running for the past 2 weeks. :)

Hi,

Can this image be used on SIM 2.10 84a....?

alom5
25th May, 2012, 12:11 AM
Yes it can and it well upgrade your box to 84b bootloader. :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

garry1312
28th May, 2012, 03:32 AM
Not been on in sometime guys but if you look back earlier on in this thread I went through image to image fast as hell. Been with the same image for I dont know how long now on my SE and would not change it.

I agree with Alom on a lot when it comes to images etc.

What I will say to the new ones asking is dont go and stick for the first image recommended to you as what image may work for one will not suit another.

It really is trial and error.

As mentioned Alom's advice is fantastic but I have tried out images he has suggested and he has tried out images that I have suggested and we both may love those images that we currently use but when it comes to each other using what the other one is using we will have different opinions which is a perfect example of what may work for one may not work for others.

If I remember right (sorry skipped to the last page) it was Alom that started this thread and it has been very valuable.

I do tend to suggest Dreambox UK image to people new to the scene although not my choice as I prefer to do the work myself it is a starting point.

Anyway you wont go wrong with Alom's advice even if a suggested image does not suit you this thread is full of other images that one will.

Make sure to click thanks on the first post by Alom as this is a very useful thread :)

capixaba
13th June, 2012, 01:46 AM
hi
got a new dm800se with bl82, can i use this image on top of the bl82?
cheers.

alom5
13th June, 2012, 12:08 PM
hi
got a new dm800se with bl82, can i use this image on top of the bl82?
cheers.

it has bootloader built into the image so no probs. :)

RP3X
3rd July, 2012, 12:48 PM
wow where did this Dream Elite come from, could have sworn it was not there 2 days ago ;)

Seems its ahead in the polls, does anyone know any info on it like a website or info ?

Im about to get my 800se hopefully soon so just considering the options...

marcus1975
3rd July, 2012, 01:25 PM
wow where did this Dream Elite come from, could have sworn it was not there 2 days ago ;)

Seems its ahead in the polls, does anyone know any info on it like a website or info ?

Im about to get my 800se hopefully soon so just considering the options...

Hi

Try This

www.dream-elite.net/forum/ (http://www.dream-elite.net/forum/)

:elefant:

RP3X
3rd July, 2012, 10:23 PM
thx marcus I did google that page but it was all double dutch looking, ive registered but it looks like they que to activate it.

Theres no break down of its features or points ?

Just pondering if its the top of the poll list perhaps there is a good reason why its no1....

or perhaps some dream elite users can tell me why its there favorite image ?

thx

mdt
5th July, 2012, 06:02 PM
thx marcus I did google that page but it was all double dutch looking, ive registered but it looks like they que to activate it.

Theres no break down of its features or points ?

Just pondering if its the top of the poll list perhaps there is a good reason why its no1....

or perhaps some dream elite users can tell me why its there favorite image ?

thx

ive tried most images on my dm800hdpro but ive always gone back to DE-BLACKHOLE... as for why i cant say really i just like it. regards mdt

RP3X
5th July, 2012, 10:05 PM
ive tried most images on my dm800hdpro but ive always gone back to DE-BLACKHOLE... as for why i cant say really i just like it. regards mdt

I hope DW dont know we sometimes chat on here ;)

Yeah got my 800se delivered from hong kong today... will have a play with it tomorrow and see

mtv1
5th July, 2012, 10:08 PM
I hope DW dont know we sometimes chat on here ;)

why not i go there sometimes are you :afraid:

hfiorenti
3rd December, 2012, 05:52 PM
just received my dm800hdse today... will try a few images and see what works best.
would be interested to know if anyone knows which image is best for both a newbie and ease of use for the rest of the family?
:flowers:

roblfcx5
28th May, 2013, 10:32 PM
hi its been a wile since anyone added any more images for the dm800se, can anyone input what there experience as been with images listed
and is there any solid flawless images to use ?

mdt
14th May, 2014, 12:44 PM
hi its been a wile since anyone added any more images for the dm800se, can anyone input what there experience as been with images listed
and is there any solid flawless images to use ?

i use openpli 4.0 on my SE and it just works without issue,regards mdt