PDA

View Full Version : shop software

djz4248
27th September, 2011, 02:34 AM
looking for shop software for billing and inventory. lots of stuff out there but nothing really related to just trucks. beat my brains on quick books and gave up. what are some of you useing for software?

cqae
27th September, 2011, 03:21 AM
I use a program called DKS autoshop.
its an australian product, its reasonably priced, simple & reliable, they have a website, so have a look

Abbey123
7th March, 2016, 06:12 AM
Yes, it is a good program for a small automotive service & repair business, however, be warned. Even though you might think you are buying the software to use as long as you like on the one computer, it has way over the top registration and re-registration requirements every year or you will get locked out. Recently I paid for an upgrade disk, & installed it this thinking that was all, however not so. One had to contact them by fax or email for some codes for registration. Being after hours, we could not get a registration key until the next business day, so couldn't use it until then. Nor could I use my old version because that had to be deleted first. Then I find out this happens ever year or you are locked out. And the year goes from purchase date, not registration date. It had my blood pressure up I tell you. I have never encountered any software with such strict conditions. I use Reckon Quickbooks for the behind the scenes accounting, and that is an easy registration over the internet every couple of years. But apart from all that, I am sticking with it, because I don't relish having to go through the issue of another program and all its hassles.