PDA

View Full Version : Hi quality FRESAT BOX required

clem58
28th September, 2011, 02:02 AM
I plan on disconnecting VIRGIN and installing a FREESAT BOX. Can any of you guys recommend a good quality FREESAT BOX i'm interested in a box that has a good quality upscaler. I don't know much about them but i would want a good HHD at least 300GB. Any and all advice would be welcome.

cactikid
28th September, 2011, 09:01 PM
virgin is cable receiver,and freesat use a dish.
may also depend how may tuners you want.

freesat+ HD TV recorder - freesat (http://www.freesat.co.uk/products/freesat-box-range)

clem58
28th September, 2011, 09:01 PM
SAMSUNG SMT-S7800 500GB Freesat+ HD Digital Recorder | Dixons | (http://www.dixons.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-smt-s7800-500gb-freesat-hd-digital-recorder-09933610-pdt.html?srcid=369&xtor=AL-63&srcid=369&xtor=AL-63)

I found this box, can anyone tell me if i can get a better thanks in advance for replies
box. Its the samsung smt

clem58
28th September, 2011, 10:59 PM
Could u explain the benifit of havin one tunner or a havin a dozen. would it be pickin up mainly foriegn language channels. Obviously i would need a rotating dish. Please enlighten me. thanks for ur replies

nibblitz
29th September, 2011, 09:48 AM
The Freesat box you put up is a good box, but quite exepnsive, I think you could maybe find much cheaper..

A recorder needs 2 tuners to enable you to watch a different channel to that what you might be recording.. If the recorder only had one tuner you would only be able to watch the same channel you are recording..

Why do you think you need a "rotating dish"? Freesat comes from just one position in the Sky, the same position Sky TV comes from.. If you have a Sky dish you can plug into that and get Freesat.. You will only need a "rotating dish" if you wish to receive many foriegn TV stations from many other satellite positions in the sky, but you would need a totally different type of satellite receiver as a Freesat box will not normally allow you to do this..

clem58
29th September, 2011, 11:56 PM
Yea thats a good post. That box i posted is one i might find reliable don't want mishaps a few mths down the line. Freesat channels was all i was interested in just couldn't figure the tuners bit (was always afraid to ask at risk of sounding daft) So i'm after watch one record at least one other channel. which is what i can do with virgin box. Can't wait to tell them to f##k off. Now all i need is a good internet provider that won't interfer with wot i download BT is out and to many complaints about TALK TALK any suggestion? thanks for your post. Take care n be safe

alex123
30th September, 2011, 03:56 PM
the best freesat box is the humax twin pvr its always been the best

clem58
30th September, 2011, 06:24 PM
I plan on runnin 3 boxes of my dish, can you tell me which type of splitter i'll need and is quality really that relevant?

http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/product.asp?ProdRef=10073#more-info

Also i found this little gem, if i plum for this wee job would replacing the HDD FOR A 1tb be aq bit risky?

Thanks alex123 your advice has been taken.

nibblitz
30th September, 2011, 07:31 PM
If you intend running 3 recording boxes then you'll need an LNB on your dish with enough connections, not splitters.. For each recorder will need two feeds from the dish, so you'll need an Octo LNB... A Twin tuner recorder requires two individual feeds from the satellite dish, a single tuner Freesat box just requires one feed...

clem58
30th September, 2011, 07:46 PM
Just so happen i have one. ta for ur elp

alex123
1st October, 2011, 07:32 PM
the best freesat box is the humax twin pvr its always been the best
your welcome m8 humax products have always been great

clem58
10th October, 2011, 01:29 AM
This maybe a long shot, but i been lookin around the specs of the humax fresat box and was wonnderin if there was the possibility of finding one that i can hook an external hdd to (usb), or am i bein greedy. Thank in advance for replies:D

clem58
11th October, 2011, 01:49 PM
Are sky sports pay perview or movie packages available on fresat

alex123
11th October, 2011, 07:59 PM
no thats why its called freesat no paychannels