PDA

View Full Version : Beef Paprikash

RedSpider
28th September, 2011, 01:03 PM
Toss the meat in with the flour until coated and then brown the meat in a large pan with a bit of oil.
This pan is going in the oven later so make sure its not got a plastic handle. A casserole pan would be best.
I didn't put oil on the list of ingredients did I? But surely you've got oil. Don't go blaming me if you haven't.
Go on, get your coat on and get to the shops. Don't be too long.... You've left the oven on.
I'll wait here for you.

Back?

Righto then.....

After the meat is browned, scoop it out of the pan and set to one side for a bit.

Whack the sliced onion in the pan. Must be sliced. A whole onion makes no sense. Why would you do something like that? You idiot!
Cook the onion until soft and browning at the edges.
Then throw in the mushrooms & pepper. These had also better be sliced, you buffoon.
Add the garlic and cook it all up for 5 minutes or so until soft.
Put the meat back in, whack in the paprika, tomatoes and beef stock. And, if required/desired/why am I so tired, the sugar.

Then stick a lid on the pan and transfer to the oven to cook for 2-2.5 hours until sauce has thickened and meat is all nice and tender like.

Last time I made this, I used pork and done it in the slow cooker. That was ace too.
I plan to do it with lamb next time.
Suppose chicken could work too. I don't like chicken so I'm not even trying it.
Just substitute the beef stock for lamb stock or chicken stock or whatever.

You can eat it now.

I hope you choke.

ChelseaBun
28th September, 2011, 05:12 PM
i have never laughed so hard reading a recipe before lol

sounds nice though :)

garry1312
29th September, 2011, 04:31 PM
lol. Sounds good mate also keep you laughing along the way when cooking :)

D21198071
30th September, 2011, 08:50 PM
LOL......don't forget.....firefighting

azzahra
28th November, 2011, 04:38 PM
LOL......don't forget.....firefighting

hehehe....don't forget YAMATO type....

chwinc
13th December, 2011, 11:30 AM
after reading the recipe and stitching my sides up i plucked up courage and made it, bloody lovely.thank you

lagerland
13th December, 2011, 11:37 AM
after reading the recipe and stitching my sides up i plucked up courage and made it, bloody lovely.thank you

What in 8 minutes fcuk me your good and welcome...........

jjjones627
14th December, 2011, 01:03 AM
It was great thanks

livesey
24th April, 2012, 07:05 PM
Toss the meat in with the flour until coated and then brown the meat in a large pan with a bit of oil.
This pan is going in the oven later so make sure its not got a plastic handle. A casserole pan would be best.
I didn't put oil on the list of ingredients did I? But surely you've got oil. Don't go blaming me if you haven't.
Go on, get your coat on and get to the shops. Don't be too long.... You've left the oven on.
I'll wait here for you.

Back?

Righto then.....

After the meat is browned, scoop it out of the pan and set to one side for a bit.

Whack the sliced onion in the pan. Must be sliced. A whole onion makes no sense. Why would you do something like that? You idiot!
Cook the onion until soft and browning at the edges.
Then throw in the mushrooms & pepper. These had also better be sliced, you buffoon.
Add the garlic and cook it all up for 5 minutes or so until soft.
Put the meat back in, whack in the paprika, tomatoes and beef stock. And, if required/desired/why am I so tired, the sugar.

Then stick a lid on the pan and transfer to the oven to cook for 2-2.5 hours until sauce has thickened and meat is all nice and tender like.

Last time I made this, I used pork and done it in the slow cooker. That was ace too.
I plan to do it with lamb next time.
Suppose chicken could work too. I don't like chicken so I'm not even trying it.
Just substitute the beef stock for lamb stock or chicken stock or whatever.

You can eat it now.

I hope you choke.

Move over Gordon Ramsey!!!!

lol