PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Superhub - accessing the vu duo

danped
29th September, 2011, 04:47 PM
Hi,

I just got virgin 50mb service with a superhub, I have connected both my pc and my vu duo to the hub via ethernet cables. They can both access the internet fine and I can see thei ip adresses in the router config. However, DCC+ doesn't work because it can't see the vu duo. Nor can I log into the VU duo via internet explorer at the relevant ip address. This worked fine before on my last router and I have triple checked all the ip addresses.

I've searched around but can't find any answers but I'm sure someone else must have had this problem or it must be something easy to fix.

Does anyone have any sugesstions?

Thanks.

nathan2007
29th September, 2011, 05:04 PM
on thew uno mate it is 192.xxx.xxx.1. ur number i had to get the latest dcc for it to work also u can download the vu toolkit that may help mate

virgins super hub is a complete heap i run mine in modem only mode and use my old router through wireless

smirnoff_rules
29th September, 2011, 05:12 PM
on thew uno mate it is 192.xxx.xxx.1. ur number i had to get the latest dcc for it to work also u can download the vu toolkit that may help mate

virgins super hub is a complete heap i run mine in modem only mode and use my old router through wireless

has there been a f/w update to run in modem mode ?

danped
29th September, 2011, 05:27 PM
Thanks,

I didn't want to run it in modem mode and plug two things in as I've no more spare plug sockets. I've searched for vu tools but cant find anything - do you have a link.

I wouldn't have thought the latest DCC would solve it because it must be a router problem.

Yes- modem mode is at the bottom of the router config pages

smirnoff_rules
29th September, 2011, 05:36 PM
so they have . might get one now then How to connect a router to the Virgin Media Hub/Super Hub (http://www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/faqs/167-how-to-connect-a-router-to-the-virgin-media-super-hub)