PDA

View Full Version : Diagnostic Tool

jalb
30th September, 2011, 01:34 PM
Hi Guys, I would like to know what tool would you recommend to monitor Allison Transmissions series 6000, Detroit Diesel MTU engines, Cat heavy duty, cummins, I have been looking on Internet, and so far I have disscard the Nexiq Usb-Link, because according to the seller it does not support CAT heavy duty, the other options are Dearborn dpa 4 plus, and Noregon JPro.

I would like to know your impressions of this tools, or what other tool, suporting many brands do you recomend.
Would be the DPA4 plus the best option, I mean, I think it covers all the needs posted above right?

Tanks in advance for your opinions

ottomotto
30th September, 2011, 04:23 PM
Hi Guys, I would like to know what tool would you recommend to monitor Allison Transmissions series 6000, Detroit Diesel MTU engines, Cat heavy duty, cummins, I have been looking on Internet, and so far I have disscard the Nexiq Usb-Link, because according to the seller it does not support CAT heavy duty, the other options are Dearborn dpa 4 plus, and Noregon JPro.

I would like to know your impressions of this tools, or what other tool, suporting many brands do you recomend.
Would be the DPA4 plus the best option, I mean, I think it covers all the needs posted above right?

Tanks in advance for your opinions

Allison DOC Service Tool for PC and Cummins Insite works on all 3 adapters you prefer.

CAT Heavy Duty can be done only with CAT Communication Adapter what has CDL protocol. Nexiq, DPA or Noregon are all same and work only on On-Highway.

for MTU engines DiaSYs used with USB to CAN interfaces.
I'm not sure they can be monitored by Detroit Diesel Diagnostic Link software. But if they can you can use any of your 3 selected adapters.

bardia200
17th May, 2015, 03:19 AM
Hi dear friends!
Is there anyone has engine software database for mtu engines???
(Flash files)
Thanks alot!!

mokjemai
12th May, 2016, 12:51 AM
Dear gents,
I'm troubleshooting an MTU MDEC system that displays the code (TALK) on the MTU MDEC circuit board and engine wont start I believe this will need the MTU Diasys software, I cant really find out a trust seller or source to download it and I don't have time to attend the training sessions , I know the diesel engines very well and I'm qualified in the field of marine engines automation
It will be really helpful if someone want to share the Diasys 2.7 software revision or advice a trustful source where I can buy / download it with the MDEC cable
Your help is very appreciated
Cheers!