PDA

View Full Version : Problem installing Photoshop CS5

lee_hdi
1st October, 2011, 11:27 PM
I'm trying to install Photoshop CS5 Extended on my laptop (Vista), and I always get a installation error.

The error is "There were problems with your installation. Some required components may have failed to install. This could impact the functionality of installed applications"

When I click on troubleshooting it says there were 42 errors and 39 warnings =/

Antivirus and Firewall is turned off

I have CS4 installed fine on the laptop.

I also have the same CS5 I'm trying to install on the laptop, on my desktop which is XP and it runs and works fine.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Cod3waX
2nd October, 2011, 12:32 PM
is ur version or xp sp3???

try doing a windows update installing all the netframe work updates then try again

lee_hdi
2nd October, 2011, 12:47 PM
PC is XP SP3 which it works on

Laptop is Vista Home which I can't get it to install on

Grizz
2nd October, 2011, 12:54 PM
should you uninstall the CS4 first? maybe thats causing the problem

lee_hdi
2nd October, 2011, 01:01 PM
Tried that last night, and still no joy.

Going to get the Master Collection and try installing everything

pspmixer
2nd October, 2011, 02:39 PM
once installed it
right shortcut or icon to run it from programe list
select properties
click compatbilty tab at top
make sure the box that says ' run this programme in compatbilty mode for' is ticked
also make sure it is on windows xp service pack 2, service pack two will allow you to run it on vista, service pack 3 will allow you to run on windows 7.
i did this to run command and conquer on my win 7 pc
hope this helps you out

GSI2
8th October, 2011, 06:28 PM
Use revo uninstaller or finaluninstaller to clean all files and regedit entrys left from older photoshop and/or new bad installation.
Final Uninstaller - Professional Uninstall Tool for Your PC (http://www.finaluninstaller.com/)
Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs easily (http://www.revouninstaller.com/)
Search Clean reboot install.

Dannyv
19th October, 2011, 11:33 AM
Take out cs4 and cs5. This installation is probaly reading files from both and which is why it is not installing properly. Just install cs5 and uninstall cs4