PDA

View Full Version : Renault Megan'e Scenic speedo fault

jonno71
28th December, 2008, 10:07 AM
Hi there,
are there any renault buffs out there!
I have a W reg megane scenic which has developed a speedo fault, according to renault forums it will be the speed sensor located on the gearbox, but guess what I can't find it , i've been told it's on top of the gearbox but that the pre 1999 model .
Is there anyone who can post a photo or technical data where the speed sensor is located. I'm having to use my satnav as my speedo for now!

Any help is much appreciated ,

Happy new year

Jonno

wodger555
14th January, 2009, 05:11 PM
hi jonno

I have the same problem and have been told that the sensor is on the the left wheel bearing and should only need to be cleaned. not sure if this is true as need to check.

did / have you had any luck fixing yours if so how

regards

wodger

jonno71
19th January, 2009, 08:54 AM
Hi Wodger 555,
My car is due in the garage tommorow so they can have a look,
I also had a pulley fall of the power steering pump on New years eve , the pins had fallen out , luckily I managed to get some from the scrappy & fixed it myself , I also have problems with the abs , Ive come to one conclusion , Renaults are shit!!
Anyway i'll let you know later!

Thanks

Jonno

wodger555
26th January, 2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks Jonno. I'm keen to know what the speedo problem is?

cactikid
26th January, 2009, 09:50 PM
and now u think renault are crap lol,on the clio when the car is up on ramp with ur back to right front wheel the speedo sensor is at back of gearbox close to exhaust pipe,and if made of plastic probably faulty as never last to long have replaced about 6 already.megane probably in same spot.

jonno71
2nd February, 2009, 09:30 AM
Thanks for that, its currently in the garage at the moment having a few jobs done , the speed sensor has started to work again on its own & has been ok for the past 2 weeks but I still don't trust it so i'll get the garage to replace it while its there & I still think Renaults are shit!

cactikid
3rd February, 2009, 10:59 PM
Thanks for that, its currently in the garage at the moment having a few jobs done , the speed sensor has started to work again on its own & has been ok for the past 2 weeks but I still don't trust it so i'll get the garage to replace it while its there & I still think Renaults are shit!
is ur timing belt due for replacement yet lol:argh::hmmmm:more money:shot:

jonno71
9th February, 2009, 08:22 AM
It's fixed!!
It turned out it was the abs module , apparantly the speedo is controlled through it aswell as controlling the abs system.
Thanks katkid for reminding me about the timing belt , i'd better check the service history, it'll have to wait as I can't afford it just yet.

Renaults are still shit:driver:

gdelectron
25th June, 2010, 04:23 PM
have 2005 scenic with the long dashboard accross middle of the car with nothing showing in the dash have been told this is a recall in uk and renault will replace it under warrenty but here in spain the spanish dealers are charging for new dashboard does anybody know what the problem is and what the fix is.. appreciate any help

Thanks
Geoff

:playingball:

z786
25th June, 2010, 10:42 PM
have 2005 scenic with the long dashboard accross middle of the car with nothing showing in the dash have been told this is a recall in uk and renault will replace it under warrenty but here in spain the spanish dealers are charging for new dashboard does anybody know what the problem is and what the fix is.. appreciate any help

Thanks
Geoff

:playingball:

why dont you use this magic thing called a search?

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f133/repair-dashboard-scenic-2-a-59335/

please mods if you can write in BIG WRITING when people join 2 use the SEARCH BUTTON first before posting

PierreTheron
4th March, 2011, 06:34 PM
why dont you use this magic thing called a search?

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f133/repair-dashboard-scenic-2-a-59335/

please mods if you can write in BIG WRITING when people join 2 use the SEARCH BUTTON first before posting

Hi have done a few posts myself but always i first search for what info i want , even if it takes 3-4 hours to go through everything, then i post for help.

Sometimes i jump the gun and get shot for posting on the instant of the moment ..\\\

BEERS Cheers ROF LOL {{{{{{{ anyway if you start posting you get advised to check some links.}}}}}}}}}

REgards:coffin: